It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with the name?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I decided I wanted to create a thread to lighten the mood on ATS. With all the stuff going on in the world, I figured we could use a change of pace. That's right, no conspiracy news, no he said, she said, the aliens said, no 9/11 or Mayan calendar stuff. So what I want to know is what made you choose your screen name for ATS?

Ok, I'll hopefully get things going. My screen name "EndOfFile" is a computer term. For those of you who don't dabble in the wizardry of coding I'll explain it. Basically(get it), the end of file or EOF command is used when reading data from a file. Its a way of telling your code that you've reached the last line of a data file.

I've been in the computer business for about 27 or 28 years now. And while I've done some pretty cool stuff with technology, I've always had a thing for programming. In fact, when I first started to code, my father wouldn't let me on a computer. Instead he would make me write code on paper and he would go over it. It was an interesting way to learn and I believe it helped make me to not only be a better programmer but a better computer technician in general. It made me visualize how the program would work without ever seeing it run. That ability has help me out in many ways as I have gotten older.

So come on and post your story!!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
My name comes from a roll playing game called Paranoia. It's actually interesting, the first part of my name, What is just normal, it could have been anything. It could have been Bob, but Bob U KNO wouldn't be a sleasy pun so I chose What.

The second part is U which is short for my security clearance. Ultraviolet. In the game players are assigned a security clearance based on the electromagnetic spectrum. from Infrared, through ROYGBIV and finnaly Ultraviolet. In the color scheme of the game, Infrared is colored black. and Ultraviolet is colored white.

The last part of my name KNO is a designation of where in Alpha Complex that I reside. In KNO Sector, Housing Preservation Development and Mind Control.

So remember citizen The Computer is your friend.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I think mine is pretty well self-explanetory.
You rrrrreally don't wanna know the life it took to become it !! heh

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
There are so many things you should never do while you are hungry, grocery shopping, making out, talking to the insane, changing a tyre and NOW..choosing a name..OMG !! what was i thinking.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Eye = the pineal gland, the third eye, or visions... It has deeper meanings as well. It is also a play on the the letter I, which also has deeper spiritual meanings.

Open = An open heart, being a beginner, being open to change, an open mind and more... Which also doubles up on the eye

Doors = My love of the book Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. It was the first book to open my mind. Who also wrote the doors of perception. Which triples the eye. Also my love for the Doors, as well as a reminder that life is as coming to a door and getting through, until you reach the next one.

To sum it up, it's an accumulation of different memes that hold information for me. That is a reminder to have vision, to be open, and ready to take on life's challenges.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

hmmm, i was after a deep response like that, and all i could come up with was all about nuts! ..round nuts, salty nuts, mechanical nuts, crazy nuts and nuts that go bump in the night..nuts nuts nuts!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
lord infamous is one of my favorite rappers. he used to be apart of the rap group 3-6 mafia. while he was a member, nearly all his rap lyrics contained references to satanism.

one day i got to thinking about how he came up with the name. after thinking about it for awhile it hit me.

satan's referred to as the god of this world and he's definatley infamous. so since lord infamous practices (well used to practice) satanism, i'm 99% sure that he had satan in mind when he came up with the name.

so it's safe to say my name means satan.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

How about this Nuts!

The Nuts! that held their ground are today's mighty oaks.... ?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I starred you eyes..twice..like stars for your eyes, kinda poetic of me..lol, and if i start to grow into a huge big barky tree, i will be a lucky lil nut indeed..hahaha.
oh..btw..there is something familiar about those hands..mummy????

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Well, ill put a disclaimer on mine, i made it up about 10 years ago... in the begining of internet time...

I had an hotmail account, and i forgot the password, and it was t_j6@hotmail, and a day later, i had to get like a t_j9 account... so, then i decided i had to make something up, uinique, and something that would be near IMPOSIBLE to have someone else make up...

So...

T= the first letter of my first name, Taylor

Kain= The name of the evil charecter in my favorite CPU game at the time, Command and Conquer 95. The leader of the NOD forces, Cain... Which of course, i mispelled as Kain, but i liked the name as it was when i found out so i kept it... anyways... moving on...

Zero= The other game of my child hood i loved was Perfect Dark on the N64, the Sequal, Perfect Dark: Zero, was suposed to come out on the N64, then the Gamecube, Then the Xbox, and then FINALY did come out at for the Launch of the Xbox 360... and proptly sucked... but thats where it comes from...

Put it all together, and you get TKainZero... for everything, thats the name, Fourms, Chats, Email, Video games, TKainZero, and never have i ever had to make some random crazy name again...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Well, everyone calls me Miller. Short for my nick. I decided I was a jedi when I was seven. I just put the two together and whamo! I became an internet celebrity 10 years ago on chat rooms and we used to have chat parties every weekend. I used to sing and dance for internet users. then people stole my jedimiller nick and pretended to be me in some chatrooms. eventually, people realized I could not be imitated.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Well, everyone calls me Miller. Short for my nick. I decided I was a jedi when I was seven. I just put the two together and whamo! I became an internet celebrity 10 years ago on chat rooms and we used to have chat parties every weekend. I used to sing and dance for internet users. then people stole my jedimiller nick and pretended to be me in some chatrooms. eventually, people realized I could not be imitated.

your nicname is Millercent??? Now nuts! dont seem so bad.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Very simple actually.
I was in a bad, controlling marriage.
And before I joined ATS I never had a computer.
I literally had my computer for 4 weeks before finding this site.
AccessDenied fit me perfectly.
In some aspects of my life, it still does.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hmmm, hsur2112 = rush2112 = Rush 2112.

My favorite band, favorite album (showing age there), favorite concert and favorite night of my, then, teenage life.

hsur as opposed to rush..............mind boggling, I know. I like to chuckle at the thought of how others pronounce it to themselves. And no, the world will not end in 2112.

Rush

Hey WUK, was I seeing double this morning on your avatar...do I need to make an appt. with the eye doctor? That one is creepy. hehe

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Very simple actually.
I was in a bad, controlling marriage.
And before I joined ATS I never had a computer.
I literally had my computer for 4 weeks before finding this site.
AccessDenied fit me perfectly.
In some aspects of my life, it still does.

Hey my darl..I feel evey word of that..now you are free..i luv ya hun.
brave gal..i look up to you. to us..

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My amazingly creative name came from fusing my first name and the widely known stoner symbol into the masterpiece you see before you, ben420

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
hmmm i am obsessed by light
light in different meanings
the light in the darf, the light of a candle, the light of weight, being light, seeing light,
i would love to be able to paint light in different colors

and sometimes i hope that my brain, my soul might be enLIGHTen

and orange is my fav color

and orange-light also stands for happiness and warmth

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well... My name was actually supposed to be 'Basilisk', buuuut I messed up and so I'm stuck with Basilis.

It doesn't really matter, I suppose my name is more original for it now.

-Will

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I used to always go by neurosis but more and more people started to also so I thought I'd change it.
It's sorta a pun on Picture me pretty or whatever the expression is.

And so many people online are fake, or rather just someone they really are not in real life, Online I'm just a bunch of words or pictures, you can't feel me, or see me rolling my eyes, or tell if i'm being honest. I'm just a bunch of pixels.
So you can just go ahead and Pixel Me Pretty.
Or maybe I just make alot of pixel junk and it just popped into my head.
Kinda nerdy really now that i'm thinking about it.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by PixelMePretty]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I had a friend who was going through a difficult time.. I sent her candles to ease her soul/ mind and was planning a visit to just be company, a shoulder to cry on or just someone to sit with. She dubbed me her "Sugar Daddy".

With wonders of paint shop, my mug was suddenly pasted on a Sugar Daddy lollipop wrapper and it was renamed SUGAR J.. it stuck.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join