It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video - UK nuclear convoy sneaks past late at night

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If by any chance that the UK is transporting Nukes around. I honestly think that the Question would be is, WHY? Why would they need to carry them to any other place. And how do yous know they are not carrying UFOs in the transports?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
UFO's?..mmmmmm.

They need to transport the warheads in order for the them to be maintained.

They only have a short operational life on top of each missile (we have around 208) before they need periodic overhauling at Aldermaston/Burghfield. They therefore have to be transported from RNS Coulport to Aldermeston.

For the unscientific amongst us imagine this......The warheads are cans of pop that have been shaken very vigorously to have an effect when opened!!!. After a while (if not used) this will stabalise and revert to 'normal'

So in order to guarantee that if needed they will deliver their bang for the buck they go back to Aldermaston to be shaken up again

On a more scientific note many components are very very sensitive and are prone to damage, even air to some of the warheads electronic circuitry would be corrosive so this is the need for frequent travels up and down the isle for checks/servicing and their guidance systems re calibrating to make sure its looking for the designated target and not some 'baby milk factory'

The Missile itself is owned by the US, but the warhead on top is the property of HM so we cant send it back to the yanks if its not working properly its down to the boffins in white paper siuts at Aldermaston

Its simple really

[edit on 1-12-2008 by patton]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I worked at RNAD Coulport whilst SSBN offcrew. Lots of days spent playing cards and drinking coffee! I can attest to the fact that the convoy is a fairly standard one. Probably doing it at night to ensure the hippies camped outside Faslane main gate are asleep

P.S. To any offended hippies. I didn't mean it. I love hippies. They rock man. Really.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
They were just doing it at night so there is less traffic. They recently have finished refurbishing and upgrading the Trident system nukes so they went back up to scotland to be loaded on to the new submarines.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This post by the OP is really pubescent and fear mongering.

These types of convoys should often be run at night ...in the least crowded part of the day. By this I mean conducive to traffic...less crowded. This may not always be possible.

Also Patton and some of the others are correct...these types of weapons need frequent inspection and maintenance to insure they are working correctly. This is also true of non nuclear weapons..they too are tested, inspected, and maintenance done on them to see that they are properly working.

I don't know what kind of insecurity it is on which some of you are operating but there are some 20 plus nuclear power plants generating electricity in the UK. I would be more concerned with what they are transporting around the country and also transporting it more often.
Nuclear power plants use up a lot of fuel rods. They have to keep the spent fuel somewhere...and eventually transport it for disposal and or processing. How about the waste byproducts generated by these power plants??

I can say the same thing about large amounts of industrial chemicals being transported. How about biological waste??

Some of you need to think further than the standard fear default settings generated and created by poliltical professional fear mongers through our radios and television sets. They are not giving you a total picture as to of what or how much of this hazardous stuff is being transported around an industrial developed nation at anytime. There are lots of these professional fear mongers here in the USA as well...generate lots of fear and insecurities but no real solutions...except to get everyone living in a Yurt at a substance level or lower.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I live in helensburgh, a few mintues drive from faslane naval base, and iv seen many trucks, artilary, police cars and vans full of troops passing buy in the 10's once or twice during the day. But what stricks me odd about this video is that they seem to be in a rush, during the night. Urgantly stocking up a milltary base? hmmm (sorry about spelling)

will

<< 1   >>

join