It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimes before the fact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
In last year's mega-hit movie "Minority Report," starring Tom Cruise in a mid-21st-century sci-fi thriller, D.C. police identify persons who have not yet committed a crime, but who, based on premonition evidence are going to commit a crime, and then swoop in and arrest these pre-criminals before they can carry out their dastardly deeds.
A fine movie; I saw it and liked it. Well, it isn't even 2054 (the year in which the movie is set), and already, Washington-area police � in this case, Fairfax County, Va.'s finest � are taking the movie to heart, and putting it into practice now.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.washtimes.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
riiiiiiight..........damn pigs!!

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This reminded of a press release after the Matrix movie came out. It stated that the United States Military was seriously interested in the technology that was used or portrayed as real in the film.

More evidence that science fiction is becoming fact. Oh well.

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I read that article today - and forgot where - wanted to re-read it - thanks Ocelot!

That just sounds so much like how I just got arrested this past weekend!!! They're doing the same thing in my town. I walked out of a pub and BAM: public intox. rat bastards. Screw the fed. government - these overzealous local cops are a bigger threat to our liberties and my social life! All the # I had to go through to get a sitter for kids, (I don't get out that much!) - ruined by some cop that was having a bad day and took it out on me.

[Edited on 10-1-2003 by Bob88]

new topics

top topics

join