It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find a Buddy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is different to the 'adopt a member' thread, which is for all members no matter how long they have been members. This is the thread for members to post who would be happy to buddy new members and for new members to ask for a buddy.

NOTE: 'new' member can be someone who has been around for a short time, it doesn't have to be the day you joined ATS!

I'm sure most regular members at ATS see how sometimes new members can be put off, or find difficulties in one way or another, a buddy who is a member already could help. Although ATS is a singular forum I've seen this type of buddying work well at other forums.

Because of the U2U restriction new members should post here for buddies, and discussion with their buddies, until they can use their U2Us. Don't forget you can start your comments section on your profile page also.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
oooo

i will make the first buddy request. i joined a few days ago and could sure use a "seasoned" ats member for guidance.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
As your self appointed ATS Concierge, you can all contact me via U2U about anything. I am always ready willing and able to help out new members. Shoot me a U2U whenever you have a question about anything. I will be more than happy to respond with any advice you might need.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I take you up on that later today.

I do have one question.

why?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hey,
Can always use a Buddy.

Sign me up..

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure what your after in this thread, but onward and upward as they say. I did put together a small list of light reading that I think will make some members experience here more enjoyable and answer questions you all may have.
Please don't be shy if anyone has a question feel free to U2U me. Brand new members can only U2U staff, until they have 20 posts I believe. After that they have full use of the U2U system.

The survivors guide to the ATS Forums

Terms & Conditions Of Use

General ATS Discussion Etiquette

Civility & Decorum are Expected

Courtesy Is Mandatory

ATS Freshman’s Forum

Starting A New Thread

Repeat Topics

Big Quotes

No Quote/Plagiarism

Image Sizing

Posting video links

One Line Post

Warnings

YOU are responsible for your own posts

Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors

Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS

How Not To Be Banned From ATS...Or, A Word About Politeness.

ATS Suggestions/Complaints Form

Have a nice day,
Sauron, Forum Moderator.

[edit on 6/8/2008 by Sauron]

new topics

top topics

join