It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Obama Bloggers Say They Were Silenced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Anti-Obama Bloggers Say They Were Silenced

www.nysun.com

Web loggers who are campaigning against Senator Obama's presidential run are accusing Google and Obama supporters of silencing them after their Web logs were marked as spam and their accounts temporarily frozen.

On Thursday, hours after publishing a post about an online petition demanding that Mr. Obama publicly produce his birth certificate, an associate professor of business administration at Brooklyn College, Mitchell Langbert, found that he could no longer access his Web log.

Google's Blogger hosting service had suspended "Mitchell Langbert's Blog," which Mr. Langbert describes as "two-thirds academic stuff I'm working on and one-third politics," until it could verify the Web log was not a "spam blog," or a site designed solely to increase the page views of associated Web sites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wow, so much for being the party of free speech, huh? You've gotta absolutely LOVE the fact that the very people who have made such a stink out of the chance that the Bush administration has passed laws intended to scare people from voicing dissent too loudly just turned around and outright silenced their dissenters. Hypocrisy in it's truest form.

www.nysun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I gotta tell ya, it's amazing how effective these guys are at harassing folks into dropping those they don't agree with!

Eventually this will bite them in the behind. Folks on the internet aren't the type to pass quietly into the night. I think the campaign leadership better reign in the dogs before they cause more trouble then they are worth.

Whenever someone gets 'silenced' like this, I make it a point to find out what material I have been deprived of (if only potentially) and usually that is exactly what the silencers were trying to avoid. All they do is draw attention to the dissenter.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If Barack Obama doesn't supports their actions, he should make a strong public statement criticizing their flagrant attempts at silencing his opposition. not doing so might seem as if he's giving them a silent nod.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is so wrong, I am not voting for McCain or Obama, so I really don't care about who likes who, but this is an outright attack on free speech.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Google's Blogger hosting service had suspended "Mitchell Langbert's Blog," ...
until it could verify the Web log was not a "spam blog," or a site designed solely to increase the page views of associated Web sites.

Spamming the search engines...why doesn't Google or the other engines just remove the url from their index. Sounds like censorship.

new topics

top topics

join