It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

feces on mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Speculation That The First Atomic Force Microscope on Mars Has Found Evidence of Life on Mars

Overnight the internet has been awash with speculation that the instruments, including the Atomic Force Microscope from Nanosurf, held in the MECA suite on the Phoenix Mars Lander has found life on Mars.

Speculation is rife that the Lander has found samples that could only be a form of faeces. More likely is the finding of a carbon compound that is somehow animal or plant related. Although NASA has denied the rumours they have found something. The MECA team were absent from a White House briefing last week where evidence was presented to the President proving the existence of water on Mars. At that time they said the MECA team had no findings to discuss - but now they do.

Updates will be posted on our Nanotechnology in Space Special Feature.

Posted 4th August 2008
So is this how it hits the fan? What a way to find out, yes, there is life on mars.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
OH thats great, NASA spends Billions of Dollars to go look at Mars and finds martian poop....
Maybe they want to send the rover to the nearest rocky outcrop as well, I'll be sure that another martian pissed up against it , if its a boy martian , or squatted if it's a girl martian.
What next, looking for 'flub woz ere' graffiti?
I bet the Aliens are pissing themselves laughing at NASA.
I bet when the camera pans round all the Aliens duck out of shot or hide behind the rover away from the camera.
The picture of an unknown thing behind the rock in another post in probably an Alien doing a 'moonie' for the camera as well coz thats what it looks like to me..
Hey thats an idea get the rover to go examine the rock the things beind, maybe they'll find a fresh pattie.....

[edit on 5/8/08 by DataWraith]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Sydney Morning Herald

"On Earth, if you have a lot of ammonium and nitrate it usually means there is organic activity. We excrete it as waste and other organisms use it."

High volumes of such chemistry in a river could point to effluent run-off from a farm. While not life itself, "it could be a sign of biology. Ammonium nitrate is a fertiliser and if present might indicate greater habitability," Dr Clarke said.

Basically all its saying is that they may have found the same chemicals as is contained in poo. I really wouldn't be jumping to conclusions and assuming that a giant Bantha decided to take a dump right next to the lander. Then again.....

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think it is poetic justice – NASA has been feeding us BS for years, so now it is time for them to get some back!

What is really interesting is that if it is poo, it must still be relatively fresh…the mind boggles…

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

And yet here we are in 2012, and NASA is confirming this information again - like its new news.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Wait doesn't that remind one of the whitewash back in 75' ? The Viking findings were now deemed not faulty as my inperfect memory recalls from a 2012 news article.

Mars Life

top topics

join