It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The carborator that never was

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Last year a co-work told me of a friend of his, who lives in Atlanta. Hi friends uncle invented his own Carborator with some modifications. He tested it out and found that some gas guzzling truck was getting 80 miles to the gallon.

The uncle then went to the patent office to patent this invention. Everything was normal and fine. Then one day, he ended up dead. It was called a suicide, and he "supposedly" jumped off of a building to his death.

My co-workers friend went to the patent office to find information about his uncles carborator. Well, they said they had no information on it.

So either someone was lying in all this, or something fishy went on. Guess we will never know. But a carborator that improves gas mileage by 2/3rds seems doable.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by calibanvov

Do you mean 'carburetor'?

Yeah, hard word to spell, unless you use 'spellcheck'....

edit for....I'm certainly not an expert on internal combustion normally-aspirating engines.....but I find this a little far-fetched, that just a carburetor could solve the problem of fuel economy. That was the point of inventing fuel-injection technology, wasn't it? I mean, every piston needs a measured amount of fuel, combined with air, and spark, in order to produce the energy to keep the engine going.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 8/4/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by calibanvov

Kind of sounds like the story of the guy that invented a way to make a gasoline type fuel out of water. Like one of those urban legend sort of things.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by spookjr]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The GREATEST claims have always come from a friends uncles cousins sisters brother in law.

I wouldn't put too much thought into it.....Urban Legend.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yeah, I used to think things like this were "just an urban myth". Until you start to look at all the patents on such things. Look up "Joe Cell" for any doubters.

Also, there was a guy showing a water powered car on either 20/20 or 60 minutes. In a totally unrelated coincidence, he was killed in a "robbery" a couple of weeks later.

Look up the guy who is getting 85 mpg in his 400 hp mustang. He says he wants to wait until he gets 100mpg before selling his method. Want to take odds that he either 1) commits "suicide" or 2) has a tragic "accident" before he takes his invention public? You heard it here first.

BTW, did you know that FUSION power plants were real in the 1950s? The same guy who held a bunch of patents on CRTs (televisions) invented them. He then proceeded to develop working prototypes of such things. He was ready to begin installing them into factories for testing and refinement, when suddenly his funding was pulled, and his project shelved. Think this is male bovine excrement? Twice in the last 10 years, there have been news stories of HIGH SCHOOL SCIENCE PROJECTS that demonstrated fusion reactors. You'd think that this would be on every front page of every newspaper in the world. Ask yourself why it wasn't.

In conclusion, do a little research into these stories, before claiming that they are all "urban legends". What you find may surprise you, but it will definitely anger you.

top topics

join