It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Heads Toward Nuclear `Breakthrough,' Israel Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Aug. 1 (Bloomberg) -- Iran is on a path toward a ``major breakthrough'' in its nuclear program that is ``unacceptable,'' Israeli Deputy Prime Minister Shaul Mofaz told a Washington audience today. ``It is an existential threat,'' Mofaz said at a forum on Iran at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. ``We have to make sure we are prepared for every option.''

The situation with Iran seems to be getting worse.

``We don't want war, we want peace,'' Mofaz said. ``But we will not let the second Holocaust take place.''...... The comments from Mofaz, who also serves as transportation minister, echoed statements he made last month to the Jerusalem Post that ``all options are on the table. If there won't be a choice other than a nuclear Iran or a military option, it's clear what our decision has to be.'

This is getting pretty scary.

The article

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm sick of hearing about all this crap. Isn't it about time they attacked? What are they waiting for? Surely they've duped the majority of the worlds people into thinking Iran is a big bad threat. What's the delay Israel? Scared?

I think Israel are all talk on Iran. Israel aren't strong enough to tackle Iran on there own. All they do is spew pathetic rhetoric. Why don't you back your words up?

Iran have already said bring it on. So lets have it. Let war commence.

P.s I'm completely against war, but I want Israel to be punished. I want them to take a dose of their own medicine.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

God I hope thats your attempt at humor.

Isreal is trying to get support from stronger bigger countries like the USA to attack Iran. The USA is trying to get its citizens on board, thats why nothing has happend thank god.

We dont want to go to war with them. If we do go to war with them it will most likely turn out to be World War three. Only this time we have the nukes from the get go and we have way more than two. This is a very dangerous situation.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by caballero]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Israel already has the USA in its back pocket. The USA don't need their people on board. If the USA want to go to war with Iran, they will, with the peoples blessings or not. The European Governments are hand in hand with the USA and Israel. I'm not sure what the delay is to be honest. Maybe they're a bit concerned with Iran's defences and alliances.

I know this a very dangerous situation, but if things carry on as they are, then World War III is inevitable. The Western nations foreign policy isn't sustainable, sooner or later there will be repercussions.

[edit on 1uFriday08/27/08 by paul76]

join