It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO research in the UK is dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
In a recent magazine article, according to UFO expert Jenny Randles UFO research in the UK is dead. She thinks that media and internet driven interest in taking over from what she calls 'serious investigation'. Is she right? Or is the internet a great advantage to disseminating and investigating information about recent UFO cases?

Is the media just hyping things up or do we get any serious coverage from the media regarding UFOs? And is she is right what can we do about it?

www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hmmm. I dont think it is dead. Don't forget the UK has Timothy Good and Nick Pope who are dedicated researchers into UFO's. Both have contributed much to the field of ufology.
With new developments happneing at dare i say cosmic rate in the last 2 years i think it is just a case of people catching their breath, taking stock and then going forward!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Ok whatever. Saturday night saw the most ufos reported (250) ever. It was reported in the Sun today and the pics were fascinating. Definitely plenty of ufo orbs of the amber/orange variety including a picture of a mass of orbs all morphing together. Britain is a hot spot right now and people are really feeling they are on the verge of something as we near 2012.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, there seem to be at least one organisation in UK presently involved in UFO resarch. "M. A. R. A" (Merseyside Anomalies Research Assosiation" investigates both paranormal phenomena and UFO sightings, and the site is updated.

Go to this link to take a look at their UFO research:

www.mara.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think Jenny Randles was more concerned with the investigation side of things rather than actual quantity of sightings.

Sightings have increased, or at least the reporting of them has, but what about the quality of investigation? Or has it become, as Jenny Randles implies, a media circus? Another form of entertainment rather than a scientific investigation?

new topics

top topics

join