It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO toy seller in OC held for alleged pants fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

UFO toy seller in OC held for alleged pants fraud

www.montereyherald.com

IRVINE, Calif.—A man known for selling flying, flashing toys that have prompted UFO reports was arrested for a more earthbound problem: allegedly faking torn trousers.
Gaylon Linn Murphy, 52, of Irvine, was arrested on Thursday for investigation of attempted grand theft, according to an Irvine police statement released Friday.

Murphy had been trying to get a local restaurant called Houston's to reimburse him, claiming he had damaged his designer pants in a fall in the restroom, police said.

Murphy claimed the trousers were part of a suit valued between $500 and $1,800, police said.

When Houston's manager called a clothing store to verify the value of the pants, he was told that a Home Depot in Irvine had made a similar call because Murphy was trying to get that store to pay for his trousers, police Lt. Rick Handfield said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.concordmonitor.com

[edit on 20-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

[edit on 20-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So is this Karma at work? I had to dig up the old L.A.times article on this guy's product, and the UFO mania it caused.

Rash of UFO sightings cause a stir

Move over, Roswell. South Orange County, Calif., is recording its own share of UFO sightings.

Several residents have reported the sightings to the Orange County Sheriff's Department in recent months. And word has even reached a Canadian UFO researcher who has posted information about the sightings on his website.

In one case, witnesses reported seeing glowing disks zigzagging through trees and hovering above the Aliso Viejo Town Center at night. About a yard in diameter and studded with flashing lights, the four UFOs dance around one another in the night sky.

These flying saucers aren't a top-secret military project. But they aren't being piloted by Martians, either.

The saucers are made in the garages of Gaylon Murphy and Steve Zingali, who get their kicks shocking people and hope to earn a few bucks hawking their remote-controlled saucers. After all, a few UFO sightings can only be good for business.

"We fly them in formation. It's pretty funny," said Murphy, a cardiovascular surgeon. "People stop, people scream, one cabdriver ran his car up off the road."

Yeah, real funny man. Here's to some people getting their comeuppance! ,

www.montereyherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So I'm searching ATS for any sightings that might have been discussed, but keep coming up blank...

Besides the fact that I find this Ironic, (caught Hoaxing) I was also interested in whether anyone here in SoCal remembers this, as it was only a couple years ago...

new topics

join