It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is the word of GOD-possibly tampered by satan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I ask this question because I totally believe in the bible as the word of GOD. However, if Satan is as powerful as he is could he not did his work through man who wrote the bible? Meaning why is it some of the statements are interpreted by some people one way and others interpret it another way. We the believers should all know what is true and what is not.

For example, reincarnation. I read the Bible and from how I interpret it man dies only once (his soul), however his spirit can live on. Now some people say the bible agrees with reincarnation and others say no. Why is that? In my belief satan has something to do with that to confuse one. However, the one's who resist satan know the truth. That's just one example of many. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Guided

I think your question about the soul can be found in the Book of Enoch. But, people will argue the validity of said book.

But, for the interpretation, that is the sole reason I do not attend church because of a persons bias to the Word.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Great Thread
If Satan can temper with our brain so where does he have to be
Is Satan separate from me or is he within me
If he is not within me how does he manipulates all of us simuntaniously

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The devil very well could have influenced the writers in the Bible, I really do believe he influenced the interpretations of the bible corrupting Christianity ages ago.

I don't think we humans really know what it means to be a Christian.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by LDragonFire]

[edit on 21-7-2008 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
God went to a lot of trouble to establish the Hebrews in Palestine, from Egypt.
He was continually intervening to keep it going.
What he wanted was a people who would maintain His word, to eventually be used to enlighten the whole world with.
Once it was written out, God is not going to let it just slip away.
God holds a restraining hand on Satan and a protective hand over his word.
Think about the Arc.
What was it, other than a box to hold his written-on tablets?
What was on the lid of the box?
God's protective angels.
Satan can find plenty of people to write competing books, so he has an outlet for his mischief, other than tampering with God's Holy Book.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Guided

Guided,

The most contaminated book in the bible is the Gospel of Jesus or the New Testament, Jesus himself has foretold that Satan will annul his teachings and teach false teachings, inserted with his teachings.

: "Cursed be every one who shall insert into my sayings that I am the son of God." At these words the disciples fell down as dead, whereupon Jesus lifted them up, saying: 'Let us fear God now, if we would not be affrighted in that day.

The fact that you won't find these words of Jesus in the Bible should be proof that not all his teachings are included, but edited out to suit the purpose of the Church a long time after Jesus' and his disciples death.

Jesus departed from Jerusalem after the Passover, and entered into the borders of Caesarea Philippi. Whereupon, the angel Gabriel having told him of the sedition which was beginning among the common people, he asked his disciples, saying: "What do men say of me?" They said: "Some say that you are Elijah, others Jeremiah, and others one of the old prophets." Jesus answered: "And you; what say you that I am?" Peter answered: "You are Christ, son of God."
Then was Jesus angry, and with anger rebuked him, saying: "Begone and depart from me, because you are the devil and seek to cause me offences And he threatened the eleven, saying: "Woe to you if you believe this, for I have won from God a great curse against those who believe this." And he was fain to cast away Peter; whereupon the eleven besought Jesus for him, who cast him not away, but again rebuked him saying: "Beware that never again you say such words, because God would reprobate you!" Peter wept and said: "Lord, I have spoken foolishly; beseech God that he pardon me."
Then Jesus said: "If our God willed not to show himself to Moses his servant, nor to Elijah whom he so loved, nor to any prophet, will you think that God should show himself to this faithless generation? But know you not that God has created all things of nothing with one single word, and all men have had their origin out of a piece of clay? Now, how shall God have likeness to man? Woe to those who suffer themselves to be deceived of Satan!" And having said this, Jesus besought God for Peter, the eleven and Peter weeping, and saying: "So be it, so be it, O blessed Lord our God." Afterwards Jesus departed and went into Galilee, in order that this vain opinion which the common folk began to hold concerning him might be extinguished.

These are important teachings of Jesus, the teachings that he is NOT son of God.

Then Jesus, having lifted his hand in token of silence, said: "Truly you have erred greatly, O Israelites, in calling me, a man, your God. And I fear that God may for this give heavy plague upon the holy city, handing it over in servitude to strangers;. O a thousand times accursed Satan, that has moved you to this!"

And having said this, Jesus smote his face with both his hands, whereupon arose such a noise of weeping that none could hear what Jesus was saying. Whereupon once more he lifted up his hand in token of silence; and the people being quieted from their weeping, he spoke once more: " I confess
before heaven, and I call to witness everything that dwells upon the earth, that I am a stranger to all that you have said; seeing that I am man, born of mortal woman, subject to the judgment of God, suffering the miseries of eating and sleeping, of cold and heat, like other men. Whereupon when God shall come to judge, my words like a sword shall pierce each one [of them] that believe me to be more than man."

This will be the testimony of Jesus on the Day of Judgment where he and his disciples will be a witness to the Children of Israel who disbelieved his true teachings.

As for your question about reincarnation, it was not directly referred to in the Holy Scriptures, but there were reference to transfiguration in the Gospel of Jesus which was affirmed in the Holy Qur'an, the Sabbath breakers and mockers in the time of Moses were changed into apes and swines.

005.060 Shall I tell thee of a worse (case) than theirs for retribution with Allah ? (Worse is the case of him) whom Allah hath cursed, him on whom His wrath hath fallen and of whose sort Allah hath turned some to apes and swine, and who serveth idols. Such are in worse plight and further astray from the plain road.

002.065 And ye know of those of you who broke the sabbath, how We said unto them: Be ye apes, despised and hated!

It was said in the Holy Qur'an that on the Day of Judgment, it will seem like man lived only a short while on earth.

010.045 And on the day when He shall gather them together, (when it will seem) as though they had tarried but an hour of the day, recognising one another, those will verily have perished who denied the meeting with Allah and were not guided.

I believe though that all of us who are alive now have been given another chance by God to find the right path.

030.056 But those to whom knowledge and faith are given will say: The truth is, ye have tarried, by Allah's decree, until the Day of Resurrection. This is the Day of Resurrection, but ye used not to know.

Peace!

top topics

join