It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are disinfo agents at ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There are disinfo agents all over the internet, get over it. So calm down and read the rest of this post carefully.

ATS, and all other internet forums exist in a place called the internet. These discussions are fully accessible to the public, or you wouldn’t be able to read them in the first place! Therefore, it is logical to assume that anyone interested in spreading disinfo will be able to access them too. That is ALL internet forums, boards, email lists, blogs, etc. It is also logical to assume that there are certain interested parties in spreading disinfo for a variety of reasons. Then there are those who spread disinfo for a hobby or because they are well into their 40s and still live with their parents!

There has been a growing obsession on the internet with people discussing disinfo agents. Most of that discussion is merely encouraging the nutcases or actually increasing the disinfo and the proliferation of it.

Instead of your preoccupation with disinfo how about just developing your own critical abilities? Do not believe anything without question and examine the psychologically of belief. Investigate mind control /propaganda etc. if you think it might help you understand how it works and how not to fall for the latest bit of mind crap out there.

Stop blaming the diosinfo agents for MANIPULATING you and start taking RESPONSIBILITY for your own thinking and judgement. No one can force you to believe anything.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I am sure there are, but also I believe there are some instances where someone participates in a discussion, expresses an opposing point of view that goes against the majority and that 'person' is labeled a 'disinfo agent'

Failure to accept a theory, or to present information that refutes that theory does not make a disinfo agent.

There are also some lame attempted hoaxes which also are written off as disinformation, but really would someone actually be paid to do these things?

I believe that true disinformation is extremely rare, and much harder to find and expose than you may want to believe?

In that context, perhaps YOU are a disinfo agent?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
YOU CAUGHT ME!

/self destruct sequence activated

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
"ATS, and all other internet forums exist in a place called the internet."

wow, a mind opener! /sarcasm off

I fully agree with OP though, coming and reading this forum doesn't mean you are already smart. Blind sheep will stay blind even if you tell it that the road is up ahead.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think you are right

What I believe is accuracy in numbers. In that, the majority is right the majority of the time, not always, but usually.

I love forums like this, because everyone has a little bit of information, and people tend to write about what they know. I am sure there are disinformers out there. But the best thing about in here they get drowned out by the majority.

People star and Flagg good well researched information, this attracts the majority, and people add to it, the bullcrap is usually filtered out, not always but usually.

Frankly I think forums like this have an excellent chance of replacing regular news media (they have a lot of evolution to go through first though). As for the disinfo people, let them have their say, just like bill nigh on Larry King last night, then enjoy laughing at them.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012[/]
... but really would someone actually be paid to do these things?

You'd be surprised.

In that context, perhaps YOU are a disinfo agent?

If I am I want a nice big cheque in the mail!

[edit on 19-7-2008 by UFOpsychiczebra]

[edit on 19-7-2008 by UFOpsychiczebra]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"If I am I want a nice big cheque in the mail! "
Disinfo agents don't get paid, they are plagued with so much ego and are so stupid they think they are doing it for a higher purpose.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
"If I am I want a nice big cheque in the mail! "
Disinfo agents don't get paid, they are plagued with so much ego and are so stupid they think they are doing it for a higher purpose.

Mmmm. Somebody hasn't read the whole thread have they. You only had to read 5 posts!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
haha I need a cheq too!

As long as you are unenlightened, you are your own best/worst disinfo agent.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Quit spreading dis-info about the other dis-info agents.

This thread is just plain dis-info!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
"Disinfo Agent"

Definition-Anyone who opposes your world view, and doesn't sound crazy enough to be labeled a nut, may be labeled...as such.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForkandSpoon
"Disinfo Agent"

Definition-Anyone who opposes your world view, and doesn't sound crazy enough to be labeled a nut, may be labeled...as such.

So, you think everyone who opposes your world view is a disinfo agent?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOpsychiczebra

Originally posted by ForkandSpoon
"Disinfo Agent"

So, you think everyone who opposes your world view is a disinfo agent?

I'm still trying to find any that arn't just "nuts".

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
there are disinfo agents here and everywhere you go

when i suspect someone of being one, i imagine them like this:

new topics

top topics

join