It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Tracker Expedition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There have been a few posts on ATS about www.bigfoottracker.com... and their claims of having a Bigfoot corpse in their possession. I looked in to it a little further and it's quite clear that this is a hoax and a money making scam. I'm sure that any thinking person would agree with that.

That being said, I read up on the "Expedition's" that they advertise on their website. Let's take a look at exactly what you get for your $500 dollar fee.

The following is from the "Expedition and Rules" section of their website:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fee and condition

The Fee is $499 4 Day trip, this includes pick up and drop off from Atlanta Airport and or Forest Park, GA to our Expedition Site (Our 15 passenger van has air, 2 TV's and DvD), One M.R.E. (meal ready to eat) and two Power Bars perday and water that you must carry.

You bring your own camping gear or rent ours: Tent, Pack, Night Vision, ECT. Remember, we hike from 10-20 miles in deep woods for 4 days and sleep in tents in the middle of no where.......no coming out for Burger King.......

Restrictions

Age Limits

18 and up
15 - 17 with an adult.....if you can drive you can track
No one 14 and under

No Pets - If we have to use the Blood Hounds for tracking, domestic pets could contaminate the track.

Weapons

We have everything, you'll need to be 100% safe, our trackers are always armed..(It's more unsafe to go deep in the woods with nothing, this day and age.

10 person limit (how can you track with 45 people.)

Book now and be apart of history........................
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, where do we begin? After the horrible grammar and spelling I guess we can begin with the wonderful ride from the airport.

You are whisked to the woods in a luxury fifteen passenger van (with air) to your Bigfoot hunting destination. Feel free to watch "Deliverance" or "The Hills have Eyes" on one of the televisions as they drive you to the forest..

When you arrive at your destination, enjoy a scrumptious M.R.E. and/or Power Bar as you wait for the hillbillies...uh I mean guides... to get the smell hounds ready. However, don't eat your whole M.R.E yet, remember you only get one "perday". Also, don't forget, "There ain't no Burger King when you huntin Bigfeets in the woods".

If you didn't bring your own gear don't worry. The guides can provide you with everything you need...for a nominal fee. I'm sure the previously used gear is in great condition and you'll be made quite comfortable.

Provided your child is over fourteen, Bigfoot Trackers offers a kid friendly expedition. Your fifteen year old son or daughter is welcome, however I think daughters are preferred. There is no guarantee that someone won't call child protective services on you though for exposing your kid to this.

No pets. You might throw the smell hounds off if you bring your pansy city dog with you.

That brings us to weapons. They are loaded for bear (or Bigfoot) at Bigfoot Tracker Expeditions. They keep you and your family safe when your tracking Bigfeets. You never know what kind of creeps you might run in to in the woods....or at the airport in a van for that matter.

All joking aside, this is a hoax, scam, ripoff, by a few jerks looking to take advantage of people.

Let's look at the numbers for a second. They take ten people once a month at 500 bucks per person (more if they rent their crappy gear) at basically no overhead. That's $5000 a month, $60,000 a year, for four days of hiking through the woods per month. Not bad if you ask me.

I could see if this was some sort of top notch expedition, but it's not. These guys are giving you a couple of Power Bars, an M.R.E. and some water. I'd be willing to bet they are using their dad's van to pick the people up from the airport. What a joke.

I'm sure these guys laugh like hell every time they drop people back off at the airport after the "expedition". My question is, are they paying insurance to run these "expeditions"? My guess is they aren't. You think they are paying taxes on the money they collect from these suckers? Someone ought to look in to it and maybe make a few calls.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by jms88]

[edit on 18-7-2008 by jms88]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You forgot to mention the gift shop! There is no mention on how much the extra food and camping gear costs. I would assume it could get up to $1000 per person. I know it states 10, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took a few more persons. This is a nice little enterprise they have going for them. Add to it the fake Bigfoot story (they conveniently got a lawyer, so they could keep delaying showing the Bigfoot for "legal" reasons).

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
You forgot to mention the gift shop! There is no mention on how much the extra food and camping gear costs. I would assume it could get up to $1000 per person. I know it states 10, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took a few more persons. This is a nice little enterprise they have going for them. Add to it the fake Bigfoot story (they conveniently got a lawyer, so they could keep delaying showing the Bigfoot for "legal" reasons).

Yeah it's all so bogus.

I'll tell you the truth, I'm not even sure I believe in Bigfoot myself, I've never had an encounter with one. However I know that some people do and I respect them and their beliefs.

I just hate to see people taken advantage of because they want in the worst way to to find one of these creatures. These con men kind of remind me of that John Edwards guy who supposedly could communicate with your dead relative on TV, of all places. Those people on that show were so distraught they didn't realize how foolish what they were doing was. I think the people that pay these jerks are just blinded by their obsession with Bigfoot and they don't even realize they are being taken advantage of.

I guess these guys are just a small part of what's wrong in the world today, but for some reason they really make me mad.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the movie "The Sasquatch Gang"? I think this is where these "trackers" got their idea.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The very idea of tracking BigFoot is ridiculous.
They can out pace humans, like three times faster.
And ten people are not going to sneak up on them.
Have you ever heard of anyone being able to follow a BigFoot trail?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yeah it's all a sham.

There are always people looking to make a quick buck off of the stupidity of others.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Now they are advertising on Craigs List of all places

atlanta.craigslist.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
OK, so what's with the Night Rider music with them? I think it's Night Rider, anyway.

If I had a dead (or live) cryptid, especially one that has been one of the cornerstones of cryptozology and folklore for many, many years, I don't think I would go about it quite they way they are.

I would do all my homework. Notify accredited scientists in all fields related to my find. I don't know the qualifications their Dr. MTV has, but he looks awfully young (though he IS a busy scientist, as he says in that video) and he has an odd reaction to actually seeing the body. I would present it when all the facts are in. Not show these very strange teasers all the time.

Also in that video, he keeps asking the "scientist" these Do you think it's a hoax? questions like a magician asks, You can clearly see, there is nothing in the hat."

We'll see...

This is the video I'm talking about. They have others.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-7-2008 by IrvingTheExplainer]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IrvingTheExplainer

Thank you for posting the new promo video of their company. I noticed he called the scientist mister instead of doctor. The "doctor" then stated he would do certain tests he could not discuss because of competition, the exact same thing the bigfoot owners state. This is a hoax that is starting to get annoying.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yeah, the folks at cryptozoology.com have a thread about the latest video. They don;t seem to impressed over there, either.

And their web site is horrible. It has a 60s motiff...sort of. Almost everything is in caps. I haven't found any pictures or video on their Shocking News page that keeps mentioning photos. The photos they do have are worthless. How many pics of the team or their trucks do we need to see? If I wanted to see a deer I can go down the road.

Maybe I'm being too critical.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IrvingTheExplainer

No you are not being too critical. They opened up a can of worms with their claims and have to live with it. Why don't the call "Monster Quest" and have their professionals look and study the body? It would get great ratings and they would reach a bigger audience.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
who is " dr paul van buren " ?

anyone ?

i cannot locate a single citation for a dr paul van buren in the world of vetinary science , primate research , pathology , general medicine or texas

he has not published a single article , given a single speech , is not a member of any university allumni

so who is thier " scientist " ??????

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think this pretty much sums it all up. Case closed. This is the proof these guys are a fraud

bigfootdiscussions.invisionzone.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
As someone that is experienced somewhat in tracking and animal behavior. I can honestly say that fifteen or so unskilled people in the woods will see very little, especially a legendary creature such as bigfoot. The noise alone will scare off most creatures, let alone the smell or movement. While I am still open to such a creature existing, I don't think that this group will see much of anything. Couple this with monthly expeditions and you get way to much traffic to see anything that may be defined as important.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
To all Sasquatch Enthusiasts:

I agree with you that these two weekend warriors have approached this entirely the wrong way. Yes, they are unprofessional, cocky, and relatively uncouth (yes, even here in Georgia). I grew up in the Forest Park, Clayton County area and I own a multi-million dollar specialty chemicals business here in Atlanta. I have lived in the Atlanta Georgia area for the last 27 years and I graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology with a B.S in Polymer Chemistry. As hard as it is for so many of the Pacific Northwest Sasquatch enthusiasts to accept, the North Georgia Mountains are a beautiful area and there are many wilderness areas that extend into N.C., S.C. and T.N. (the Cohutta Wilderness is prime potential bigfoot geography). It is certainly an area that could support a small population of these creatures. I spend much of my weekends hiking in the areas where these two goofs claim to have tracked the wounded North American Ape and recoverd it's dead body. After viewing all of their youtube videos it really makes me wonder just why in the world these two clowns would be the ones to make the supposed discovery. But I will tell you that as distasteful as these two guys are in their presentation of their claim, I truly believe that they are telling the truth. To my knowledge, Georgia has never been considered a bigfoot "hot spot". Sure the swamps in deep south Georgia could harbour the occasional "swamp ape" sighting, but in general when city folk such as myself run off to the North Georgia Mountains for the weekend camping/fishing/hiking trip, we never really think about the possibility of running into an 8 foot hairy primate. It is only something that we jealously dream about when watching Monster Quest and wish we lived up in the magnificent pacific northwest. But if you really think about it, it makes no sense at all for these guys to create a hoax in the way that they supposedly have. For one, there is no real awareness with people here in Georgia that the North Georgia Mountains are a big foot hot spot. If these guys are lying then they will end up looking like total fools (yes, they could still look even more foolish than they already do) when they reveal on Sept. 1st that it was all a big joke. Why would anyone pay $499 to run around in the woods for two days with these clowns after September 1st when you know they are a bunch of liars. Everyone pretty much believes that the probability of finding a bigfoot should be greatest in the pacific northwest. So that is a double whammy. If they stall on Spetember 1st and make up an excuse for why they can't let the scientific community examine the body then they will still look like fools and no one will sign up for their bigfoot tracker service as well. So what I am saying is that as much as you dislike these weiner heads, they are telling the truth. It makes no sense at all why someone would risk their career (Ric Dyer is a Clayton County police officer and has pertty much screwed his career already with his annoying, unprofessional public out cries for attention), spend $5,000 on a website, and who knows how much setting up his business and hiring legal help only to have the whole business bankrupted before it got started because on Spetmeber 1st they announce it was all a big joke or worse yet, that they must delay their revelation for some ridiculous excuse. Actually, if you watch all the videos, these two guys are really okay dudes, they just are really, really excited and don't understand a thing about how to spin this discovery to really make money. They have just engaged in a very haphazard approach to turning it into a business. They could have made 100 times more money if they really understood how to set up and run a business. The again, they never claimed that they were business men. There are a lot of big foot enthusiasts that will be eating their words on September 1st, 2008.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Id rather spend money on a Bigfoot guide (excluding this one) then pay admission to see a bunch of captive bred animals stuck in a zoo.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
As someone that is experienced somewhat in tracking and animal behavior. I can honestly say that fifteen or so unskilled people in the woods will see very little, especially a legendary creature such as bigfoot. The noise alone will scare off most creatures, let alone the smell or movement. While I am still open to such a creature existing, I don't think that this group will see much of anything. Couple this with monthly expeditions and you get way to much traffic to see anything that may be defined as important.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

They must've listened to you because they have brought the total number of people down to three, but it cost $5000 now.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I agree these guys are insane!! anyone with half a brain can tell by watching the video on these guys website that they are crooked. I find it hard to believe that someone this dumb could navigate themselves through the forest much less stumble onto a bigfoot carcuss. I have hunted all over north america in some very secluded dense places and know a lot of people who do the same and neither of us have ever even seen a bigfoot track or any sign of a bigfoot. In my oppinion the guy who is a police officer should be fired because i dont know about you but i don,t feel safe with this guy upholding the law.

new topics

top topics

join