It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why were WMD's not planted????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
they were neot planted because they never wanted to.
it was also a demonstration of power. they don´t bother if there are (millions of ) people who care.

www.youtube.com...
youtube.com/watch?v=YjXPOxnu2N8

[edit on 18-7-2008 by anti72]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarBow
What about two weeks ago? The headline then (for about 10 minutes it seemed) was. "the last of Saddams Yellow Cake leaves Iraq".

It was up, then it was gone. So, he was working on it. But then, that information isn't important any more.

I'm not saying this has all gone down well but the headline that everyone was waiting for came and nobody noticed. Odd, don't you think?

news.yahoo.com...

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

What's now left is the final and complicated push to clean up the remaining radioactive debris at the former Tuwaitha nuclear complex about 12 miles south of Baghdad — using teams that include Iraqi experts recently trained in the Chernobyl fallout zone in Ukraine.

"Everyone is very happy to have this safely out of Iraq," said a senior U.S. official who outlined the nearly three-month operation to The Associated Press. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I recall there were Iraqi defectors who reported that they worked on WMD programs. The problem was that the WMD were removed during a systematic cleanup. During the build up to the war, truck convoys were seen leaving Iraq. It's reported that the WMD were taken to Syria:

www.2la.org...

Nizar Nayuf (Nayyouf-Nayyuf), a Syrian journalist who recently defected 06 January, 2004

AFP

from Syria to Western Europe and is known for bravely challenging the Syrian regime, said in a letter Monday, January 5, to Dutch newspaper “De Telegraaf,” that he knows the three sites where Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) are kept. The storage places are...

And...

archive.newsmax.com...

A top Pentagon official who was responsible for tracking Saddam Hussein's weapons programs before and after the 2003 liberation of Iraq, has provided the first-ever account of how Saddam Hussein "cleaned up" his weapons of mass destruction stockpiles to prevent the United States from discovering them.

"The short answer to the question of where the WMD Saddam bought from the Russians went was that they went to Syria and Lebanon," former Deputy Undersecretary of Defense John A. Shaw told an audience Saturday at a privately sponsored "Intelligence Summit" in Alexandria, Va. (www.intelligencesummit.org).

"They were moved by Russian Spetsnaz (special forces) units out of uniform, that were specifically sent to Iraq to move the weaponry and eradicate any evidence of its existence," he said.

Shaw has dealt with weapons-related issues and export controls as a U.S. government official for 30 years, and was serving as deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security when the events he described today occurred.

He called the evacuation of Saddam's WMD stockpiles "a well-orchestrated campaign using two neighboring client states with which the Russian leadership had a long time security relationship."

Now the question is why didn't any of these reports get followed up on? Why didn't journalists investigate? Why didn't the media not report it? And why isn't there big headlines about the recent Yellow Cake being found and removed? Is it politics?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

History repeating much?

When I next realized that the Philippines had dropped into our laps I confess I did not know what to do with them. I sought counsel from all sides—Democrats as well as Republicans—but got little help. I thought first we would take only Manila; then Luzon; then other islands perhaps also. I walked the floor of the White House night after night until midnight; and I am not ashamed to tell you, gentlemen, that I went down on my knees and prayed Almighty God for light and guidance more than one night. And one night late it came to me this way—I don’t know how it was, but it came: (1) That we could not give them back to Spain—that would be cowardly and dishonorable; (2) that we could not turn them over to France and Germany—our commercial rivals in the Orient—that would be bad business and discreditable; (3) that we could not leave them to themselves—they were unfit for self-government—and they would soon have anarchy and misrule over there worse than Spain’s was; and (4) that there was nothing left for us to do but to take them all, and to educate the Filipinos, and uplift and civilize and Christianize them, and by God’s grace do the very best we could by them, as our fellow-men for whom Christ also died. And then I went to bed, and went to sleep, and slept soundly...

That was from William McKinley. And then the first Vietnam happened...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Simply put, this was never about WMDs in the first place. If it had been, Bush would have allowed the UN inspectors who were on the ground at the time of our invasion (Saddam having caved to the UN's demands, hoping to avoid our attack altogether) to finish the job.

Remember the timeline, folks: We went to the UN to demand action and demand that Saddam allow the inspection process to proceed, backed up by a credible threat of force if he did not.

So Saddam allowed the inspectors in.

They weren't finding anything.

This threw a wrench in the plan.

Remember the PNAC agreement of 1998?

On January 26, 1998, in the PNAC's open letter to President Bill Clinton, its members explicitly called for a U.S. ground campaign to oust Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq.

PNAC Wiki Overview

This was all planned from the beginning. The moment the Supreme Court illegally became involved in the 2000 election and handed it to Bush, the ball was rolling.

Many of the PNAC's members have been heavily involved in and connected with the Bush White House.

Most of them are also heavily connected with and invested in oil, military contracting, and subsidiaries of those industries--ALL of which have enjoyed sweetheart deals, no-bid contracts, and massive profits since 9/11 and especially since the beginning of the Iraq war and occupation.

Not one damn bit of the Iraq war/occupation has anything to do with "security threats" and WMD. They have EVERYTHING to do with corporate profit for the moneyed elite.

It's all about securing land, securing oil and other resources, setting up permanent bases in the Middle East (presumably to secure oil stockpiles in other ME countries), and controlling the world's greatest supplies of oil to ensure Big Energy (with help of course from the world banks) keeps its stranglehold on the world economy. The hemorrhaging of money into the coffers of military contractors to keep the machinery of war moving is just an added bonus.

See, you have to understand: The real Elites are the mega-rich who own and run these vast multi-national conglomerates. Big Energy (especially Big Oil) is run by people who consider themselves above Humanity, and above the Law. As long as no serious alternatives exist they keep a steady stream of profit and a comfy level of control. This is why we send tens of thousands of young men and women to fight and die in the desert, and spend trillions of dollars we don't actually have securing a resource that by all rights we should have gotten away from by now, rather than developing true energy independence through alternative fuels at a fraction of the cost in dollars and in human lives.

Iraq is about Money and Power. Nothing more. Meanwhile the Elite get their jollies watching us argue about it, knowing 99.99999999999999999% of the world's population lacks the cojones to do the only thing that would really matter in securing true justice and saving us from their machinations--pick up a gun, walk right up to them and blow their damn heads off. They know we won't do that. Nobody will. I sure won't--like most Americans I have too much to lose. And every day that dawns with the Elite still alive and in power, the People of the world slide further towards Oblivion.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
remember, saddam was given 6 months to comply with the terms of surrender from the previous gulf war. he could have averted the invasion, everything.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Reporting of any wmd's may have been against the best interest the same people who tried to scare us by talking about them over and over again.First of all biological and chemical weapons were called Weapons of
Mass Destruction because it will cause more fear.What they call weapons of mass destruction have never been nearly as significant in causing widespread death and destruction as opposed to other means of attack.You would have to find a lot of those biological weapons and a means to subject your enemy to them otherwise experts are going to ridicule the significance of any WMD's they find.There is no evidence Iraq had the means to attack us here in the USA and do much damage.We were told we had to fight them there so we do not have to fight them here.They achieved their objective by promoting fear and did not find any evidence they could attack us with WMD's ,even if they had them.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The real world order

Weapons were not planted because this administration is so blatantly contempetous of the American people that they did not feel they needed to even fake their justification... one they didn't even believe in to begin with... they banked on gungo ho hype to carry them through.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tynee

You are niave if you believe that... Saddam could have dropped his drawers bent over and spread em for ole george and still been invaded... especially after the build up... there was never any real attempt to avoid invading at all because that was never the plan... if Saddam had given everything that was demanded of him... a cause would still have been found for going in.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tynee

remember, saddam was given 6 months to comply with the terms of surrender from the previous gulf war. he could have averted the invasion, everything.

And as I stated above, he DID comply. The UN gave him an ultimatum backed by US force and he caved. Inspectors were in-country, on the ground, with unrestricted access to all sites when we decided to attack anyway.

Why does nobody remember this?

Am I now having some kind of "time-slip" experience like those described in numerous other threads, where I know something happened but nobody else remembers?

Doesn't anyone remember Hans Blix? Weeks of inspections, poring over all those "Presidential Palaces", finding nothing? Inspectors protesting when the US told them to pack up and leave because we were going to invade anyway? I sure remember. Why does it seem like everyone else has forgotten? Or was nobody paying attention, and in the "war fever" most folks just never really registered these facts in the first place--thus they are now largely forgotten?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

I remember it... he turned over 10 or 20,000 pages of documents which this criminal administration proceeded to ignore.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A "fun"
trip down memory lane in honor of the infamous WMD.

"F*** Saddam, we're taking him out." –President Bush to three U.S. Senators in March 2002, a full year before the Iraq invasion

Every day Saddam remains in power with chemical weapons, biological weapons, and the development of nuclear weapons is a day of danger for the United States. -Sen. Joseph Lieberman, D-CT, September 4, 2002

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. -Dick Cheney August 26, 2002

If we wait for the danger to become clear, it could be too late. -Sen. Joseph Biden D-Del., September 4, 2002

Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons. -George W. Bush September 12, 2002

If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world. -Ari Fleischer December 2, 2002

We know for a fact that there are weapons there. -Ari Fleischer January 9, 2003

Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent.
-George W. Bush January 28, 2003

We know that Saddam Hussein is determined to keep his weapons of mass destruction, is determined to make more. Ladies and gentlemen, these are not assertions. These are facts, corroborated by many sources, some of them sources of the intelligence services of other countries. –Secretary of State Colin Powell, testifying about Iraq's chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons capabilities before the United Nations Security Council, Feb. 5, 2003

Iraq both poses a continuing threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region and remains in material and unacceptable breach of its international obligations by, among other things, continuing to possess and develop a significant chemical and biological weapons capability, actively seeking a nuclear weapons capability, and supporting and harboring terrorist organizations. -Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, February 5, 2003

We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have. -George Bush February 8, 2003

So has the strategic decision been made to disarm Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction by the leadership in Baghdad? I think our judgment has to be clearly not. -Colin Powell March 8, 2003

Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised. -George Bush March 18, 2003

We are asked to accept Saddam decided to destroy those weapons. I say that such a claim is palpably absurd. -Tony Blair, Prime Minister 18 March, 2003

Well, there is no question that we have evidence and information that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical particularly . . . all this will be made clear in the course of the operation, for whatever duration it takes. -Ari Fleisher March 21, 2003

There is no doubt that the regime of Saddam Hussein possesses weapons of mass destruction. As this operation continues, those weapons will be identified, found, along with the people who have produced them and who guard them. -Gen. Tommy Franks March 22, 2003

I have no doubt we're going to find big stores of weapons of mass destruction. -Kenneth Adelman, Defense Policy Board , March 23, 2003

One of our top objectives is to find and destroy the WMD. There are a number of sites. -Pentagon Spokeswoman Victoria Clark March 22, 2003

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!" —President Bush, joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner, March 25, 2004

We know where they are. They are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad.
-Donald Rumsfeld March 30, 2003

Saddam's removal is necessary to eradicate the threat from his weapons of mass destruction -Jack Straw, Foreign Secretary 2 April, 2003

Obviously the administration intends to publicize all the weapons of mass destruction U.S. forces find -- and there will be plenty. -Neocon scholar Robert Kagan April 9, 2003

I think you have always heard, and you continue to hear from officials, a measure of high confidence that, indeed, the weapons of mass destruction will be found. -Ari Fleischer April 10, 2003

We are learning more as we interrogate or have discussions with Iraqi scientists and people within the Iraqi structure, that perhaps he destroyed some, perhaps he dispersed some. And so we will find them. -George Bush April 24, 2003

Before people crow about the absence of weapons of mass destruction, I suggest they wait a bit. -Tony Blair 28 April, 2003

There are people who in large measure have information that we need . . . so that we can track down the weapons of mass destruction in that country. Donald Rumsfeld April 25, 2003

We'll find them. It'll be a matter of time to do so. -George Bush May 3, 2003

I am confident that we will find evidence that makes it clear he had weapons of mass destruction. -Colin Powell May 4, 2003

I never believed that we'd just tumble over weapons of mass destruction in that country. -Donald Rumsfeld May 4, 2003

I'm not surprised if we begin to uncover the weapons program of Saddam Hussein -- because he had a weapons program. -George W. Bush May 6, 2003

U.S. officials never expected that "we were going to open garages and find" weapons of mass destruction. -Condoleeza Rice May 12, 2003

I just don't know whether it was all destroyed years ago -- I mean, there's no question that there were chemical weapons years ago -- whether they were destroyed right before the war, (or) whether they're still hidden.
-Maj. Gen. David Petraeus, Commander 101st Airborne May 13, 2003

Before the war, there's no doubt in my mind that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical. I expected them to be found. I still expect them to be found. -Gen. Michael Hagee, Commandant of the Marine Corps May 21, 2003

Given time, given the number of prisoners now that we're interrogating, I'm confident that we're going to find weapons of mass destruction.
-Gen. Richard Myers, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff May 26, 2003

They may have had time to destroy them, and I don't know the answer.
-Donald Rumsfeld May 27, 2003

For bureaucratic reasons, we settled on one issue, weapons of mass destruction (as justification for invading Iraq) because it was the one reason everyone could agree on. -Paul Wolfowitz May 28, 2003

"I don't know anybody that I can think of who has contended that the Iraqis had nuclear weapons." –Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, June 24, 2003

"I think the burden is on those people who think he didn't have weapons of mass destruction to tell the world where they are." –White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer, July 9, 2003 (HUUUUH???????
)

“Never in the history of the world has any soldier sacrificed more for the freedom and liberty of total strangers than the American soldier.”
–Zell Miller (D) Georgia 2004

"I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." --Vice President Dick Cheney, on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005

“I believe myself that the secretary of state, secretary of defense and — you have to make your own decisions as to what the president knows — that this war is lost and the surge is not accomplishing anything as indicated by the extreme violence in Iraq.” –Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., April 19, 2007

here we are over a year later from that last statement w/ still no end in sight

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
reply to post by The real world order

wmd's were found in iraq.

thats why they didnt have to plant them..

www.foxnews.com...

Oh please, a number of rusting shells from Pre-Gulf was era, with "degraded" chemicals inside... Why didn't you mention a can of Raid that Saddam Hussein kept in his outhouse to control insects? That's toxic for sure.

We were told that Saddam was ready to deploy WMDs of various description on 40 min notice. Did you forget that? All these falsehoods of Bush and Blair.

And, there is an enormously difficult (and probably unfeasible for Saddam to implement) way from yellow cake to a WMD. Look, you can point to any piece of granite and technically it would contain uranium (it does). Now, I challenge you to manufacture a nuke in your kitchen. Just try.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Im glad someone else saw it that way i did point this out to him last night that i dont think you could class them as a real WMD they couldnt be used plus some unknowen liquid that could of been anything

Thought it was funny he opened the thread that WMD's were found running
alongside this one

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

"I think the burden is on those people who think he didn't have weapons of mass destruction to tell the world where they are." –White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer, July 9, 2003

Loved that one
Thanks for all the quote's keep um coming. Im sure we could put togeather a very long youtube clip with all his best clangers

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
[quote You have to be a really slow to not get why US is in Iraq... why Saddam was removed...

Well, I hear this sentiment echoed quite abit, but regardless it seems that millions of people are exactly this.

Isn't this the reason we're even having the discussion to begin with?
Isn't this thread really, "Well IF it WAS a conspiracy or NOT a conspiracy, where are thw WMDs?"

The whole issue is about the aforementioned criteria for one not seeing the reason for Iraq today?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Weapons of mass destruction aren't exactly easy to come by, only countries with the technical know how can make them and I'm sure certain weapons are tracked, if they found such a weapon it would probably not take much to work out where it came from and a chain of custody could probably be figured out so perhaps it is to risky to plant them. I'm just guessing.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
In the Frontline episode of why we went to war, it stated clearly the bumbling behaviour of Cheney and Rumsfeld in the handling of their own "intelligence gathering organization." Now if you can't get torture right, how do you expect them to get the aftermath right?

Why not plant WMDs? Puhleeeeeze, your trying to grant too much intelligence to too many who have too few. Don't applaud Cheney, Rummy, and Bushie Boy too much.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Because Saddam brought down the towers...

WASHINGTON (AP) — Nearly seven in 10 Americans believe it is likely that ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the Sept. 11 attacks, says a poll out almost two years after the terrorists' strike against this country.

www.usatoday.com...

Please don´t do that again.

Say no more.

M.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I too thought of this and wondered the same thing...

If the U.S. military or government wanted to, they could have planted the stuff when we first invaded Iraq. Good question OP!

But I believe there were WMD's and that they were transported over the 12 years of worthless U.N. sanctions, to Syria and Iran. I also believe that they weren't the wmd's we were lead to believe, in the heat of 9/11. The Mossad reportedly claimed that wmd's were moved to Syria and Iran.

Does nobody remember Clinton ADMITTING he had the SAME intelligence reports as Bush?? And that he was informed that Iraq had wmd's?

To me this smacks more of the rogue CIA operating behind the scenes. Just my 2 cents but great question.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join