It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascist Police State: More Cops conducting illegal checkpoints and violating 4th amendment

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by richierich

Quick question for you, in all seriousness.

why are dogs illegal? Can't say as I've ever heard that either for or against...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich

Roadblocks, the original issue, are legal, as long as certain conditions are met. I forced my local Sheriffs Dept. to STOP illegally using dogs at roadblocks, which they of course call' checkpoints'. The local yokels were using dogs at these so called checkpoints and I wrote a letter to the editor advising all citizens to object to their representatives because it is ILLEGAL to use dogs at checkpoints.

If you ever see a dog at a roadblock challenge it...it is illegal. never give a cop anything he has no right to....never tell them where you are going or where you have been...it is NONE of their damned business.If they ask for consent to search, REFUSDE and make NO comments as to why. Cops know when they are about to get their teat in a wringer and will back off...the ones that don't will get sued and complaints filed and publicity screamed out locally until justice is had.

Cops....bah, humbug.

Since when are dogs illegal at checkpoints? SOP here is to run a dog around the car while checking their license.

Secure

[edit on 19-1-2010 by xXxtremelySecure]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxtremelySecure

Originally posted by richierich

Roadblocks, the original issue, are legal, as long as certain conditions are met. I forced my local Sheriffs Dept. to STOP illegally using dogs at roadblocks, which they of course call' checkpoints'. The local yokels were using dogs at these so called checkpoints and I wrote a letter to the editor advising all citizens to object to their representatives because it is ILLEGAL to use dogs at checkpoints.

If you ever see a dog at a roadblock challenge it...it is illegal. never give a cop anything he has no right to....never tell them where you are going or where you have been...it is NONE of their damned business.If they ask for consent to search, REFUSDE and make NO comments as to why. Cops know when they are about to get their teat in a wringer and will back off...the ones that don't will get sued and complaints filed and publicity screamed out locally until justice is had.

Cops....bah, humbug.

Since when are dogs illegal at checkpoints? SOP here is to run a dog around the car while checking their license.

Secure

[edit on 19-1-2010 by xXxtremelySecure]

Here is the Supreme Court decision that ended dogs at roadblocks:

www.aclu.org...

It was the EDMONDS case, and here is the petition that Indianapolis wanted but did not get; They wanted to be able to staff narcotics roadvblocks anywhere they wished and have dogs sniff cars for dope, etc. The Supreme Court decision said that unlike a brief stop for a DUI or ' license ' check, this was for the purpose of crime control in general, instead of the purpose of stopping drunk drivers who pose an immediate threat to the public, and in so doing requires ' reasonable grounds to believe' that a crime is afoot.

The cops wanted to be able to have an East German style intimidation and dogs scratching the paint off peoples cars so they can fluff up arrest numbers with petty drug busts. Thanks be to God, it was ruled illegal and dogs automatically mean that the cops are investigating, and that requires some indication of a crime in the first place.

If you ever see dogs at a roadblock locally, advise the ACLU and the local papers by writing a letter to the editor and pointing out that illegal police actions are happening and will likley cost the town or county money from lawsuits..as well as deprive us of feeling like we are living in a free society. NO DOGS ALLOWED!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I forgot to add the link for the cities desires to strip our rights away:

www.aele.org...

We can all be glad that it is no longer legal for cops to employ dogs at roadblocks, and anyone that see such actions should report it right away to the ACLU and local news....you WILL get it stopped!!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
True story...

Was traveling with 2 friends to the shore for a fishing trip and was pulled over by a state trooper in Virginia. Trooper stated I was pulled over for speeding (not so sure I was - but I played along) and surrendered my driver's license, proof of insurance and registration.
((snip))

You did a great job, but I'll let you in on a 'company' secret, well kinda, on how easy it is get get around... a 'dirty trick' if you will.

After briefing grab and read through handful of recent crime teletypes. In your scenario, a teletype that roughly described you, and or your car would be an easy find... teletypes can be vague; lets say day old armed robbery (211PC) with a suspect description of 'dark sedan driven by a mid 20's male white armed with a hand gun..." thats probable cause to detain you for 836.3PC / 211PC AND take legal and appropriate 'officer safety' measures.

Rather than radio a supervisor, back-up arrives, you're cuffed, separate and told you're all being detained for suspicion of felony armed robbery... then the officer tosses your car.

Keep in mind the police can, will and do lie to you... they can wave that teletype in your face and suggest should the victim ID you.. even by mistake, it'll be months before you see sunshine and the dept will seize your car.

My spidey senses tell me a grip of you already thinking "thats a violation of... this and that amendment" and all that. Perhaps, but the officer doesn't care.. sue him, the dept, file a complaint, take your cause to the supreme court.. whatever, the officer got the instant gratification of legally getting around your rights, searching your car after being told "no", and probably scaring the urine out of either you, or one of your friends.

Another way around consent refusal: the hound.

Lets say one of the $20 bills in your wallet was recently used by a 'drug user' as a straw, or a $1, $5 as a bindle / crusher... a k-9 can alert on you or your car providing probable cause..

Guess what? some studies suggest, and it does not surprise me at all... 90% of US currency reeks of coc aine to police dogs who smell 1000x PLUS better than we do..

New study finds that 90% of U.S. currency has coc aine residue on it

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... aine_residue_on_it.html#ixzz0e9LSNw35

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
"This website is dedicated to confronting roadblocks to freedom wherever they may arise. Special attention will be given to physical roadblocks designed to impede the right of Americans to travel freely within our own country but attention will also be given to general violations of our right to privacy."
www.checkpointusa.org...
www.checkpointusa.org...

Multi-state law enforcement Check Point Strikeforce website websitewww.checkpointstrikeforce.net...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Regardless of what everyone else thinks, I think Sobriety Checkpoints are a wonderful idea. We get a fair amount of inebriated drivers off the road every weekend.

Secure

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join