It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge a book (or a member) by its cover

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Psychologically, I would say you are interested in being a leader. Dominant natured. You do not think of yourself as a tyrant, however, you think of yourself as someone who is here to help, not quite messianic, but you seem like someone who feels some responsibility to help or lead people out of darkness or ignorance. You genuinely want to see people live a better life, you do not seek power merely for your own purposes.

You are aggressive, but not mean. You care more about the end result than the way the task is handled. You could justify using force if you though the end was important enough.

You are intelligent, and are frustrated by those who are not as bright or as brave as you, but, your natural dominant streak also allows you to not be too annoyed for too long. You understand that not everyone is meant to be, or is suited to be in charge. You would make a lousy politician, however suited you are for leadership, because you lack the tact and the ability to schmooze people that that type of leadership requires. You would be a better general.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I am a female, a whole half a century in age. I am the mother of 3 grown sons (26, 23 and 21).

You did correctly state that I am highly individual. I am a little bit shy sometimes but then often I love to be the focus of attention and a party animal. My dress is corporate for work but otherwise I'd say very bohemian. I have very eclectic taste in music with a particular penchant for all metal genres. I am select about reading material.

I love homecooking, washed down with wine and I shun fast food like the plague it is.

I am very outspoken and yes I do like to stir things up. I am a 'people person' but I have a tendency to insulate myself due of the wickedness
of mankind as a whole. I am not religious although I was schooled in a private Catholic college when nuns looked like nuns (penguins). I took myself off to university at the ripe old age of 45 and graduated with a double degree in 2000.

I have very strong views on politics and refuse to accept everything I am told or read. It is my goal to never be a sheeple, or play the game like the majority, hence my username. I think others see me as a social misfit but that does not bother me at all, I run my own race and have my own agenda.

As for friends, I have a very small circle of friends that I have had for years. The one thing we have in common is that we respect each others individuality.

You were pretty much on the ball.

take care
res

[edit on 19-7-2008 by resistancia]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What a great thread!

I think that for most, including me, it is great challenge to compile the "perfect" avatar. The most personal and descriptive of digital tatoos.

For some, only a slight nuisance that must be changed from time to time after the boredom sets in.

As a somewhat creative person, I have always been very impressed by the high level of imagination and thought most ATS members have put into thier avys. I thoroughly enjoy imagining the person behind the mask. It's a huge part of the fun.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiser Sohse

along the same lines - the names people choose for themselves are great

I'm as interested in your name as much as your avatar

wish I could see yours a little better - but it makes me think you're on guard - in general

and resolute

and fascinated by deception?

I don't mean you're deceptive - it just concerns you

comfortable being alone in your opinion

male, 30 something

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well, I just found out that Byrd is a female. I had no idea. With such authoritative postings I just assumed she was a man, plus the avatar. Who is that in her avatar?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wow, I have learned so much about so many of my fellow members from this unique thread.

The OP I have always been a littlel scared of, so serious and yet vulnerable at the same time.

Resistancia, I always equate you with the hooka smoking catapillar, with great wisdom who sits back and waits for the perfect opportunity to share.

And KosmicJack, I thought you were a dude!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is a good thread, I would say that most of the members here show quite a level of Intellectual Ideas an comments, as well as the bad, but for the most part, I am thrilled to be part of such a Open minded fact finding Group of Go getters.

If I had to be stranded with anyone, Id want it to be with ATS members, At least the Time would FLY! lol

As to Judging, Maybe in a bit. But right now, My Juice helmet is in the shop.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Thanks for the reply. I don't mean to scare anyone

The mental image that I bring up when I read your posts is really just the woman in your avatar. Nothing wrong with that though....

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by interestedalways

Thanks for the reply. I don't mean to scare anyone

The mental image that I bring up when I read your posts is really just the woman in your avatar. Nothing wrong with that though....

You aren't really scary, I think it is the angle of the pic and the resolve in your demeanor!

The reason I invoke the presence of the woman in my avatar is that she is my me! hahahah! I am just me and I think that projects. I am not as pretty as her, but oh well! Thanks for responding, I like this thread you made, really brought out some interesting things about our community at ATS!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Karlhungis isn't scary to me at all. Of course that's because I have gotten to know him a little bit. I think there is a teddy bear behind that avatar. InterestedAlways, you know that isn't him in the picture don't you?
I picture you as a goddess standing beneath a beautiful birch tree, with a rainbow in the background. Light and color. Earth and air. Maybe one little snake, a harmless one, on the ground.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
InterestedAlways, you know that isn't him in the picture don't you?
I picture you as a goddess standing beneath a beautiful birch tree, with a rainbow in the background. Light and color. Earth and air. Maybe one little snake, a harmless one, on the ground.

Add a few fairies fluttering about, and some bunnies, and a tarnished halo

With some good music playing.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

You aren't really scary, I think it is the angle of the pic and the resolve in your demeanor!

Oh, he's spooky alright. Haven't you seen No Country For Old Men? Curious choice for an avatar. Usually we identify with our avatars on some level. The actor did a excellent job portraying a psychopathic killer, btw.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Since you are getting so much attention about your avi Karlhungis, why don't you tell us why you picked it again. ?
I think you like movies.
I think the movie made a strong impression on you.
I haven't seen the movie yet.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Honestly, when I watched the movie he struck me as the most original and well portrayed villian that I have seen in a long time. I was very impressed with the performance. I just thought it would make for an interesting avatar.

Usually I am terrible at picking avatars. At least this one gets a reaction.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The name Karl Hungus (with a u) is from the movie The Big Lebowski. A great movie.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Yes, I had to change the spelling because someone beat me to the correct spelling once. Since then, I just stick to this version since it is usually available. I don't like people assuming that I don't know how to spell, but hey... oh well.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Don't judge a book by it's cover
even the content of a person's posts can be very misleading.

a lot of people come to this forum to learn and enjoy themselves which can entail misleading posts.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

I agree, but that is easier said than done. I try not to, but the more I read posting by a member, the more of an image I form in my mind. I simply can't help it.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Well this has been a very entertaining and educational thread. I think I've gotten to know the members better on this thread.

I had no idea so much attention was paid to avatars. I don't really associate peoples avatars with their personalities/genders. I just figure they're more creative or technically adept than me for having one. Maybe greeneyedleo could help me with one?

Getting a mental image of people by judging their avatars, etc. is new for me so be gentle if I'm way off.

JimmyJackBlack: Mid 30's, single, high school education, male, lonely, boring job, kind-hearted, slightly overweight, pained and baffled by lifes cruelties.

Whiteraven: Late 30's/early 40's, married, self-reliant, adventurous spirited but conservative and practical, unassuming leader in whatever crowd you find yourself.

KarlHungis: I've never seen the great lebowski or no country for old men and have no idea what they're about but the avatar strikes me as dark and a little scarey. What posts of yours I've read don't confirm that, though; so much for judging by covers.

Probably better stop here before I dig too deep a hole for myself. Star and flag to you OP. This thread has been kind of like an online block party.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Honestly, when I watched the movie he struck me as the most original and well portrayed villian that I have seen in a long time. I was very impressed with the performance. I just thought it would make for an interesting avatar.

Usually I am terrible at picking avatars. At least this one gets a reaction.

That's for sure. And so far I've been staying as far away from you as I can get. But the topic is just too much fun.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join