It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does U2U flood control change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Does the U2U flood control change the longer you have been a member or more points?

It is really silly that you can't U2U a few friends without having to wait five minutes between each message!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I dont think it changes. Without it you´d be receiving plenty of spam. So the lesser evil is chosen.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
"Those who would sacrifice the freedom of U2U'ing all of their friends for the security of being free from spam deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Ok. Thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
"Those who would sacrifice the freedom of U2U'ing all of their friends for the security of being free from spam deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yes the U2U flood control does get annoying, but this also serves the purpose of keeping you from ranting against someone. That way you have a breather between U2U's just in case your angry

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Agreed. I think it should be reduced by 50%.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Yes the U2U flood control does get annoying, but this also serves the purpose of keeping you from ranting against someone. That way you have a breather between U2U's just in case your angry

Some people might use their U2U to send angry messages but surely as U2U messages are covered by the ATS terms and conditions that kind of flaming would get them banned anyway. Flood or no flood control!

I think the vast majority, like myself, would use their faster U2U sending to send more messages to friends etc.

top topics

join