It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow down almost 200 points

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
kosmicjack

In the picture in your Indimac link, does that looks like a Guard on the door? it does to me, I was trying to provide prof that a comment make by a TV reporter in CNBC that people were greeted with gunmen at the entrance of the bank was true, I was asked by a member to provided prof but the only one I had was from the reporter as no media was even showing the people waiting outside the banks until that link you show now.

I think is does show a guard.
I hope

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JSR

No, he probably go a private phone call to his friend the Saudis and promised another piece of America to them if they help lower the prices right before the elections, you know poor McCain is going to need all the help he can get from our friends the Saudi elite.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm not sure about the photo but there is this:

www.dailynews.com...

Police ordered angry customers lined up outside an IndyMac Bank branch to remain calm or face arrest Tuesday as they tried to pull their money on the second day of the failed institution's federal takeover.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
heh i know little to nothing about the market, but the other day i was sitting there watching the news and it was up +62, i thought to myself man if i was into this stuff id sell right NOW.

Now its down 200 lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
reply to post by JSR

Very simple. Your bank is required to give you their financial information. Check to see what their "Liquidity" is, or "cash on hand". This is their cushion and when that gets depleted - the bank is in trouble. Because your bank is a credit union, chances are you will weather this storm pretty well, just keep your eyes open.

Also, kind of a silly way to check, and this isn't always right, but check the levels of withdraw slips at the little front counter thingie with the pens and the calculators. You can sometimes notice that a lot of people are taking their money out if the stacks are low and disheveled. Also, when you're in line, take not of how many deposit slips you see vs the number of withdraw slips you see. By way of probability, there should be slightly more deposit slips.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Oil starts going down and dow up 270 and next day 200.

It seems to me that it is not following any logic.

<< 1   >>

join