It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two of me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I have just realized this today, but when i take a picture of myself and look at myself, its a totally different person than when I look in a mirror at myself. I dont usually use mirrors much, however once in a while I take in the strangeness of staring at yourself. I stopped to do so tonight and realized that I looked way different than in my pictures. I'm not quite sure how to explain the differences, my hair color is the same, just that my facial structure seems to drastically change when im looking in the mirror at myself. I wonder if anyone has any ideas as to what this phenomenon is? Perhaps its just a trick of the mind or something?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
It happens to me too. Its very weird. I think its the picture capturing different angles that we don't see by staring in a mirror.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yes ive noticed it too not just from photo's, sometimes people in person at different angles with different light and mood look like someone else.
Its very bizzare.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I wonder if it's the same phenomena as hearing yourself back on tape?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Being_From_Earth - seeing you all over the place right now.

Well, OP. I had been curious about this exact same thing before. Please, do a search for BDD - Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

Sometimes, we see ourselves in different ways than others do... Or even different than we really are. I think this might be related? Maybe not.
Just an idea.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ah_Pook
I wonder if it's the same phenomena as hearing yourself back on tape?

Thats another thing, the way I sound to myself when i talk, is way different than when i hear myself back on tape. Perhaps it has something to do with a dual exsistance of your counsciousness and a 3dimensional body?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Being_From_Earth - seeing you all over the place right now.

Well, OP. I had been curious about this exact same thing before. Please, do a search for BDD - Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

Sometimes, we see ourselves in different ways than others do... Or even different than we really are. I think this might be related? Maybe not.
Just an idea.

I fear it's rather depressing, but considering I was diagnosed with biploar it seems this may be a possibility moreso than any other due to the fact that I have a lack of seratonin circulating through my brain
I will continue to look into this, not jumping to any conclusions just yet. I thank you all for your information though
keep up the good work ATS

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

I think it's more to do with the fact that you are not hearing your voice through your ears completely in the usual way. Your voice reaches your ears through bone conduction and vibrating through your body, as well as through the air to your ears. This is why you sound different when you listen back to yourself.

As a test, put your fingers in your ears then start talking.

[edit on 15/7/08 by Asnivor]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I have thought about that as far as hearing your own voice goes, however it doesn't explain how when I look at myself in a picture, then in the mirror, i am staring at two different people. And the more i read up on that disorder the more I think of people who have issues with things like thinking they need a nose job, or fuller lips, something they think is wrong with them. I'm not complaining about how i look, i am very secure with how I look, it would be like between myself in the picture and myself in the mirror that it could be brothers, like with the same mom and different dad, or something similar.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius

Could it be that you sub-consciously 'pose' when you are looking in the mirror? Also remember, when you look in the mirror you are seeing a flipped version of yourself. It could be that because your face is not completely symmectrical it looks quite different in reverse?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It isnt even close to the same. In the mirror my head appears to be like I am starving if that makes any sence. Like my skin is stretched tightly over my skull and you can make out every slight detail in my facial structure.

new topics

top topics

join