It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anheuser-Busch sold to Belgians for $52B

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Anheuser-Busch sold to Belgians for $52B

www.cnn.com

Belgian brewer InBev has announced it will buy its U.S. rival Anheuser-Busch for $52 billion to create the world's largest brewer. The acquisition means control over America's largest brewer, the No. 2 worldwide, moves overseas
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Wow, the end of an era. Am I the only one slightly disturbed by seeing one of the major American businesses sold out to a foreign country? This is a pretty big illustration of our current state of affairs.

I don't even drink and this kind of saddens me.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I listened in a video I watched yesterday that, although some pieces of the puzzle may seem to be irrelevant, they're all required to complete the puzzle, and I think this may be a crucial piece. What does this mean exactly? Although it does not affect me because I do not drink beer, does that mean most of our beer will now be imported? Does this hurt or help people who buy beer?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I don't think that the consumers will really notice one way or the other. I am just shocked that such a huge American company was just bought out. With Ford and GM tanking, there really aren't a ton of iconic American businesses anymore. Anheuser Busch was one of them, everything else that comes to mind is in the high tech industry.

Hopefully it was just an owner cashing in and not a sign of things to come.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Greetings from Brazil and Belgium!!!
(INBEV Stand for INterbrew - Belgium + AmBEV - Brazilian)

I´m very happy to inform you that from now on americans will be tasting REAL beers!!!
This deal is on time as a sign of times for U.S. arrogancy worldwide. Have your icon beer sold out to Belgium and Brazil... tsc tsc...
Wait for the next chapter scenes...
Our Ethanol is also coming up soon, so you will be able to get Brazilian Alcohol on both your cars (oops, I ment your japonese cars) and your stomachs!!!

Happy news!!!
C ya

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
When Coor's bought out Molson's a few years ago all the Americans had a chuckle about our beer now being American owned. Kind of hurts doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well I guess they won't need all those clydsdales to make all the beer now huh?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Budweiser has always been generous in sponsoring various sports venues and the like.

I'm guessing that will come to a halt after the new owners realize the money could be part of their CEO etc. salaries.

Kind of the way things go nowadays, buy a company, raid it for its assets and the CEOs laugh all the way to the bank.

Trouble with life is, it's a lot like the game of Monopoly.
Win most of the money and no one wants to play anymore....

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There is a pre-existing thread on this topic here.

Please make any further contributions to the topic at the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join