It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30+ ufos fly over southern illinois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
last night around 3:00am my friend and i were sitting on the deck behind my house and we were looking at stars. off in the distance one star in particular sticks out to me for reasons unknown. all of a sudden i see the star move. then it stopped and moved an entirely different direction and i realized it wasn't a star. it was usually a bright yellowish color but would change colors to purple to red to blue to green and a couple other colors. then we noticed other lights that were much fainter than the others, but we could see them move as well. the lights moved left right diagonaly up and down. they moved a direction and then hovered. and then moved again however they sometimes moved fluently. i ran inside to get my sister and she saw it all too. i then walked toward the lights and i walked into a field. i stood there alone for 45 minutes in silence. as i was standing there i tried to communicate to the ufo through my mind. it seemed to work as i would ask it yes or no questions and ask it to move up and down for yes. left and right for no. it responded every single time. i noticed that sometimes it would move before i finished thinking the question, and then it would stop. and move a completely different direction which was always one of the directions i asked it to move. the next day (today) i was talking to my friend who was there and he said that he was also asking it questions in his mind. he did not know i was doing this as i was in the field and he was by the house. he said it responded to his questions also. we watched these lights for over 3 hours. sometimes we could see dark shapes around the lights. sometimes we would se a shape light up. we saw a row of red lights run left straight off of one of the lights. then it disappeared. it was an incredible night as it was my first encounter.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Where about in So. IL do you live?

I used to work in Sparta.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

i actually live in new baden which is about 40 minutes from sparta. its down rt 4 by mascoutah. i actually had several job sites in sparta when i was in contracting

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoping for answers
we watched these lights for over 3 hours.

And you didn't take ANY pictures?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
i was out there with a 6 megapixel camera but it was so dark and the pics wouldnt show anything. i tried over a hundred times

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hoping for answers

Yep, I know it exactly!

I worked as a flight medic in Sparta and we flew all around the area. I wonder if the lights had anything to do with Scott AFB?

I only saw the big C-9s there when I went, but I know there were times when the base would close down and we weren't allowed to fly through there.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

i actually thought the same thing at first, but then realized that it was in the entirely wrong direction to be from scott. plus there is no possible way these were planes. they were very very different from anything ive ever seen. and i live by scott and see planes all the time

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hoping for answers

I wonder if it was anything like the sightings down near Belleville a few years back. I think a lot of people saw the big silent triangle, including some police officers.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I saw this too, from northern minnesota, i have one other witness as well. It seemed to mess with your vision a bit and we couldnt decide whether it was our eyes messing with us or what. later we see a flare and a fast moving something that dimmed. We were told satallites reflect the sun like that as they turn, this was wierd though and we saw a few different yellow stars, and many satalittes.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BroonStone

I hear you, BS

All that time and not 1 picture. sounds a bit fishy.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
You saw UFOs over Southern Illinois from Minnesota?

Interesting.

Do you think these were the same UFOs?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Interesting. I am familiar with McCleansboro, which is in southern, IL. as well.

[edit on 7/13/2008 by Blueracer]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolf241e
All that time and not 1 picture. sounds a bit fishy.

The OP stated he tried, but it was too dark. If anything did turn up in the photos, it probably would just have been a dot, like a star, and there's no point posting pictures like that on this site anyway. It would just encourage people to hammer the OP because he/she couldn't prove what it is.

Best to just listen to the story and judge with your heart.

top topics

join