It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Cross Finds Bush Administration Guilty of War Crimes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Red Cross Finds Bush Administration Guilty of War Crimes

rawstory.com

In a secret report last year, the Red Cross found evidence of the CIA using torture on prisoners that would make the Bush administration guilty of war crimes, The New York Times reported Friday.

The Red Cross determined the culpability of the Bush administration after interviewing prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, according to the article.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
At this point, it might be easier to ask what crimes this administration DIDN'T commit, as the list would be much shorter. lol

So now on top of the FBI, and an army GENERAL who investigated this, we now have the RED CROSS saying these maniacs are guilty of war crimes. Only problem is, we now have a completely co-complicitory and criminal congress who is aiding and abetting them!

Make sure to watch the video at the bottom of the link, with constitutional Lawyer Jonathon Turley. This guy shoots straight from the hip.

When asked by Maddow if the chances are now greater that Bush will be prosecuted now or after leaving office by the international community, Turley compared the situation to Serbia in the early 90s.

"I'd never thought I would say this, but I think it might in fact be time for the United States to be held internationally to a tribunal. I never thought in my lifetime I would say that."

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Found the direct embed on youtube. Everyone should listen to what Jonathon Turley has to say about this. This guy is a constitutional lawyer and an expert. He basically says that the administration has hired crooked lawyers and shills who will cook up any amendments and their "own takes" on what is and is not legal, and they are likely to be prosecuted as well in the future, if an international tribunal is undertaken. And that may be just what might need to happen.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
When I heard about this yesterday, I couldn't help but feel a little bit of hope that perhaps some of these criminals might be held accountable for their crimes against humanity. I let myself hope. Just a little.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Don't hold your breath for too long, my friend, only the people in this nation can bring the present administration to justice or at least forced justice and you know that most American has lost their will to fight and they have no clue anymore what our constitution stands for.

Outside the US bush and his cons are untouchable.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

When was the last time any U.S. President was charged of warcrimes?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by marg6043

When was the last time we had a president with the list of crimes this one holds?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Remind me again what court The Red Cross presides over?

The media may listen to his story because it is "shocking", the media likes stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Only the looser in a War gets charged with War Crimes... the Winner has justification to wipe out evil on his side...

we have not lost... yet Until that day comes there will be no accountability

And remind me again.. which nation are we at war with right now?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So, here we have yet another officialy recognised organization that has publicly declared its findings.

Great news.

But can someone tell me exactly how many more times we need to hear that such-and-such or so-and-so have found the Bush regime guilty before someone actually goes and arrests and charges the lot of them... Blimey, start with Bush and work your way through the lot if needs be

The sooner this lot realise the game is up, the better for everyone.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Winning or losing a war should make no difference to the fact that crimes are/have been committed and should make no difference on the time or place of arrest and charges made.

When was the last time a police officer saw you breaking the law and waited until you got home to arrest you?
When has a police officer ever refrained from pulling over a traffic violater because the civilian driver had not yet completed their journey?

When was the last time a murderer was not arrested because the police were waiting for one more murder, just to be sure... ?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Remind me again what court The Red Cross presides over?

The media may listen to his story because it is "shocking", the media likes stuff like that.

Dude RR are you under a rock? I understand you are a conservative which is fine, but these accusations are a serious matter. Why can you not put your country before your party??? Our country is a proud country and our two political parties are proud as well, but your apparent level of pride of party blinds... Yes these detainees are brown and muslim, it is likely they are bad news. The point
is we are the super power... It is not as if we are a poor or socially retarded culture that would justify sub prisoner care.

The real danger is when you start rolling back your morals where does it stop??? It may get me flamed but this is how the nazi's started. The German people thought the "status" of the offenders justified any and all treatment dished forth. An attitude like yours---- F%^& um their animals - Let em all burn they deserved it... They are bad mouthing the chancellor - those gypsy liberal jew lovers.
With your apparent lackluster logic we will slowly become the animals we claim a moral superiority over.

On a side note RR you have said more then once that Bush is not a real conservative (neocon) - So is your allegiance purely to the red or the red, white and blue? I am an independent and your attitude is the type that is going to get me to vote for a black man! If Obama does anything at least he will marginalize the social sociopathy that seems to have infected your party!

Why would we not hold our president to a higher standard? He should be behave better then the average man, yet he behaves and dictates policy on par with a common mafia under boss.

Finally media attention does not mean there is a
lack of truth or reality.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I think this is the straw that's going to break the camel's back.

This is an outrage! I searched Google news to see how it is being handled by the MSM... nothing. But I did find a conservative blog that covered the topic nicely...

The thing that gets to me is that it's possible, even probable, to make mistakes in a time of war. But in this case, the White House didn't even want to know if it had made mistakes, and innocents were suffering. That's not tragic; that's malicious.

Rule of Law? Screw it says US president

Even conservatives seem to be ticked off...

Why did we have to wait for a book to be written before we were told this? Who knew, and for how long?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
[sarcasm]

constitutional Lawyer Jonathon Turley

Now, correct me if I am wrong here... but didn't this administration deem that people who site the constitution are radical homegrown terrorists? Aren't we in the midst of a war on terror? Yet here you are siting a "Terrorist" lawyer? Of course he is going to be against our savior, the Honorable George W Bush... he is the enemy after all.

Shame on you DD, shame on you! You embolden the terrorists with posts like this.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
As per usual most likely nothing will come of it.. but it's another gust of wind in the gale... we can only hope.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

The prosecutor of the International Criminal Court is expected to seek the arrest of Sudan's president for alleged genocide and crimes against humanity.

Luis Moreno-Ocampo is set to recommend charging Omar al-Bashir in a report to judges at The Hague on an investigation into war crimes in the Darfur region.

The Sudanese government has warned the move will undermine peace in Darfur.

This will be the first time the court's prosecutor has tried to make a case against a sitting head of state.

A three-judge panel will take at least six weeks to decide whether to indict the president.

news.bbc.co.uk...

If this can happen to this particular residing president, then it can happen to ANY president and so it should be too.

Let's hope someone there wakes up and sees that there is more than one government officiual that needs the same treatment.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Don't hold your breath for too long, my friend, only the people in this nation can bring the present administration to justice or at least forced justice and you know that most American has lost their will to fight and they have no clue anymore what our constitution stands for.

Outside the US bush and his cons are untouchable.

If a charge is brought before the Hague and Bush & Co are found guilty of war crimes, then there is nowhere safe in the world for them to hide in.
Remember British, US and French special forces were used to go in and bring the Serbian war criminals to justice.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Dude RR are you under a rock? I understand you are a conservative which is fine, but these accusations are a serious matter.

On a side note RR you have said more then once that Bush is not a real conservative (neocon) - So is your allegiance purely to the red or the red, white and blue? I am an independent and your attitude is the type that is going to get me to vote for a black man! If Obama does anything at least he will marginalize the social sociopathy that seems to have infected your party!

Why would we not hold our president to a higher standard? He should be behave better then the average man, yet he behaves and dictates policy on par with a common mafia under boss.

Finally media attention does not mean there is a
lack of truth or reality.

So it's not that he is guilty it's the seriousnous of the charges? I've heard that one before. It's part of the drive-by media's tactics.

I have never said Bush is not a real conservative, maybe his dad wasn't, and McCain sure isn't, but I never referred to Bush like that.

There are alot of people out there with Bush Derangement Syndrome, and the media is all too happy to push their agenda.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is one question current political candidates will run from. "Does America condone and use torture?"

Ask them, and watch them squirm and twist like a vermicelli worm.

Frankly, whatever name you want to call the ideology, whatever distance you wish pretends to exist between the president and the 'club of gnomes' the final analysis reveals matters of fact. Not uncertainties.

This administration, and all its major players, have undertaken, from the onset, a systemically executed plan of obfuscation, passive resistance to scrutiny, and sheer vain 'rule by fiat.' that the congress and media both suborned - each of the bodies entrusted to protect our liberties (yes, that includes the media) sought to increase their own political relevance and power, rather than support the framework of the constitution.

We have come to a point where the 'global community' which the political parties seem so keen on us joining, are to be called irrelevant and derided as having no standing in our laws. That's an interesting contradiction. If we legitimize the Red Cross' (and others) implicit encouragement of an international tribunal, we further prove that we as a sovereign nation, can't control our governing leaders. If we don't prosecute these alleged criminals ourselves, are we not inviting the internationalists to become our 'overseers?'

I see a lose-lose scenario for us unless a serious and transparently sincere effort is made to de-construct the last 8-years of manipulation and, dare I say it, conspiracy; we will find ourselves walking into a 'self-justified' diminishment of our own sovereignty by relinquishing the exercise of the rule of law to foreign bodies.

Our congressional leaders must be held accountable for their 'consent' to be silent partners in what all reasonable analysis can be seen as a consciously directed effort to re-frame or weaken the constitution and empower corporate transnational authority over American law and interests.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Is there another source for this "story"?

I'd like to know which "Red Cross" said this. Was it the American Red Cross? Or the very biased International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement?

My guess is it was the latter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join