It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Times newspaper (UK) covers interesting development concerning dead sea scrolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The Times newspaper (UK) covers interesting development concerning dead sea scrolls

www.timesonline.co.uk

The death and resurrection of Christ has been called into question by a radical new interpretation of a tablet found on the eastern bank of the Dead Sea.

The three-foot stone tablet appears to refer to a Messiah who rises from the grave three days after his death - even though it was written decades before the birth of Jesus.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
good article by a national newspaper. The comments towards the bottom of the page are of particular note as it is suprising how many Americans have posted comments regarding the infallibility of the church.

www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i have always know jesus christ never existed and was just the result of the church stealing stories from other religions and twisting them to make jesus the sham figure head of a church of lies...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i think the most intriuging aspect of the article is the ideas voiced by the owner of the tablet:

"Israel Knohl, a biblical studies professor at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, argued yesterday that line 80 of the text revealed Gabriel telling an historic Jewish rebel named Simon, who was killed by the Romans four years before the birth of Christ: “In three days you shall live, I, Gabriel, command you.”

Professor Knohl contends that the tablet proves that messianic followers possessed the paradigm of their leader rising from the grave before Jesus was born. He said that the text “could be the missing link between Judaism and Christianity in so far as it roots the Christian belief in the resurrection of the Messiah in Jewish tradition”.

Although theres a lot of heated debate about the validity of the reading i think the fact that it made national news shows the seriousness of the find. Personally i dont think the dead sea scrolls have really been considered in the detail they should.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The Jews can destroy Christianity in a bleep, this is not a new find at all. It is a way to blackmail the christian nations. Jews control the press, publishing and accademia in the christian world and they have the dead sea scrolls to proof that christianity is just an offshot of Jewish sects that were around before Jesus alleged days. So christianity before Jesus means that the new testament is a fake and so is christianity. Do as they say or loose your religion! This has been around for decades and many researchers have already stated that all the evidence points to christian doctrine pre dating....well Jesus. The Roman emperors relied on Jewish scribes to write the new testament, which in turn simply relied on legends and prophecies that were already around. The scribes were then elevated to saint hood, even though the stories they told were based on stories and doctrines that belonged to Judaism. Christianity is an offshoot of different Jewish sects and it pre dates Jesus, Paul etc.. All Christian rituals pre date Jesus, the story of the floods pre dates judaism etc...This is a historical fact that has been known to man for decades, it has just been hidden away from too much mainstream exposure. None of this is new. History tells us that the concept of trinity came about because the emperor decided on what doctrine to use by getting the bishops to vote, so they poisoned the bishop that would not accept the trinity and claimed it was a miracle and now cristians beleive in the trinity even though there is no mention of it in the bible and it is against the ten comandments. This is history, this is all factual. The rest is superstition.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hahahahaha,
This tablet and people who doubt Jesus ever existed crack me up.

You know, in roman historical records...they recorded 750 and some odd citizens in and aorund Jerusalem, being killed, jailed, and beaten for claiming that they saw Jesus physically ressurected, since the Romans made it an act punishable by death to continue this claim....

....and continue they did. Why would hundreds of people be willing to go to their deaths for such a claim???? HHHhhhmmmmm...because it really did happen!!!!

To me this tablet does 3 things. Solidifies Jesus, Soilidifes ressurection, and simply states the tale of an Angel telling a man he will ressurect....but into the Spiritual realm.

When a person dies....they sleep for 3 days then they wake up as pure conasciousness without the body. Or sometiems they wander the earth for 3 days, then go on to the next location.

Majority of Jews hate Jesus and Christinaity. So this stubborn group of people look for what-ever they can to justify a reason why Christinaity would "for them" be false.

Plus I've recieved numerous Spiritual Enlightenments and other experieincees all from being a Christian Mytsic, from readign the Bible....and my experiences corraborate exactly what te Bible said a person will expeirience of they go in on this inner narrow path.

This tablet changes nothing!!!!! Christianity stems from Judiasm...its the advanced and lightning path....Judiasm is the old, rusty, and unsure path...No offense....but I dont know a sigle Jew practicing Judiasm who has PSiritual Enlightenment period!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I would say it probably has very little merit or will be debunked ten-fold by many.

REASON...

If it was undeniable proof, we never would have heard about it.

Its been long suspected that there are many 'inconsistencies' noted in the DSS's that will never reach the public eyes/ears.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEncounter

www.timesonline.co.uk

The death and resurrection of Christ has been called into question by a radical new interpretation of a tablet found on the eastern bank of the Dead Sea.

The three-foot stone tablet appears to refer to a Messiah who rises from the grave three days after his death - even though it was written decades before the birth of Jesus.

Christianity has always been in question. I knew many years ago that every story in the bible was stolen from Mesopotamian stories.
The Jewish priests changed some here and there and made the bible.
This is all very very obvious especially if you translate the book yourself, which I did for four years. There were many tablets before these scrolls were found that showed the bible to be fake. Like the one proving the original number of the beast was 636 not 666. Which of course was on a Mesopotamian tablet predating the bible by I think 1000 years.

Anyhow I can talk all day about this but, those that believe will believe.
You cant prove the lie to them because they are taught faith. Faith is ignorance in the face of truth. You use closed mindedness to fight your enemy. Basically you teach your followers to be mushrooms.

And as you can see, it works pretty dang good huh?

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'd just like to know if there was a tablet or scroll found that accurately predicted exactly how many times and under how many different titles this very same story would be posted in the "breaking" news section?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Poorly written article in the Times. More ignorance from Knohl (whose entire group of friends could just as easily be called "Jews who Hate Jesus".)

Christianity and Islam derive from the First Temple priesthood, First Temple theology and practice. Contemporary Judaism is a reformulation after the destruction of the Second temple that is a reformulation by the Pharisees, who themselves were reacting against the Second Temple personnel, practise, and theology.

This document, the so-called Gavriel Hazon, its discovery, and translation have an enormous number of holes in the project (at various levels). In general, and from afar, it looks real to me, but I never trust translations till I can translate it myself. Dating it is another matter that will require several blind tests to authenticate beyond a shadow of a doubt.

[edit on 10/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

top topics

join