It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS: Airline passengers must wear Tazer bracelets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
A few weeks ago it was reported that "The future has a kill switch".

blog.wired.com...

Guess this idea did not only apply to machines...

Terrifying idea. The plane is IMHO just a way to experiment with this to see how well it would be accepted. Next step: wearing a bracelet at all times.

Even more terrifying: reading replies at other websites with people saying: "I'm very friendly and therefore I see no problem with wearing such a bracelet"

Some people are truly way way way beyond the point that you can talk any sense in them.

The idea of someone having a remote control on/off switch for my own body is sooo beyond insane!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Seems Like a good HACKER could override the 'system' and take everyone out, except 'his' bracelet.

Easy to rob a bank, or take over a plane that way.

I bet it could fit in an 'I Phone'.

Blitzkreigen

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Well all I can say is, that this is going to do a great deal for the US Tourist Trade as well as business.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What exactly happened that made anyone at DHS think that this is needed? As far as I can tell, there have been no incidents that would warrant 'tazer-cuffing' every passenger.

What would prevent one individual from removing their bracelet, commandeering the 'tazer-cuff' controls, and then immobilizing every passenger that the just hijacked?

Or even a malfunction in the 'tazer-cuff' controls that shocks the passengers repeattedly throughout a flight.

The whole idea is stupid.

What about passengers on private jets, would they too need to be 'tazer-cuffed'? Or because they have the monetary where with all to afford their own plane, they would get to fly above the law?

Pun Intended.
DocMoreau

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They are handing a weapon to anyone who wants to do damage!

Anything that can be set off remotely can be used against your will... ANYTHING!

How hard would it be to hijack a plane if your holding a remote that could neutralize everyone on board? It would become a joke wouldn't it? Too easy.

Well thats EXACTLY what they're doing.

DHS is clearly run by morons.
Unfortunately, sometimes idiots can do a great deal more damage than any genius could hope to.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If they get this passed without any other false-flag, and no riot ensue, the american people really, really is a people of slaves.

Of course if this is passed, they destroy your right to travel and turn it into a privilege... like freedom of speech has now become. Yes you can express your view, but in the free-speech zone 5 kilometers away, you gonna be in a database of protesters and if you go too far in your expression, you gonna be tased or go to jail.

Surely to sell that idea they'll say that travelling is not a right but a privilege and that if you not submit, you are selfish and don't care about other's safety... you're bad.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Been following this info on the internet since it started popping up a few days ago.

Here's my simple problem with it, just like all the other laws and rules to "protect us", criminals find ways around the obstacles placed in their path. This doesn't seem to be an overly difficult device to work around, how about a simple sheet of rubber that you could slip between the device and your skin? That would isolate the shock capability of the device while leaving the device un-disturbed and functional otherwise, so as to not raise any red flags when doing so.

That was a 2 minute thought for a solution to the problem, I'm sure someone determined to not be foiled by it could come up with something alot more imaginative then the above.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
ok this idea makes me sick to my stomach

Lamperd Less Lethal Watch this video. This is both insane and just plain stupid.

Wouldn't a terrorist just cut off the bracelet? I mean what good is this anyway? Then they subdue the crew and get the trigger mechanism so that they can disarm and subdue the rest of the passengers.

This is ridiculous. I am writing my congressmen demanding an immediate banning of this sort of thing.

The following is the exact email I sent to both Carl Levin, and Debbie Stabenow...

The article listed here in the Washington Times alarms me Senator. It should alarm you too. www.washingtontimes.com...

This article is about an United States airline's plan to force passengers to wear a device that could be used to deliver an electric shock. All in the guise of Homeland Security. This is sick. I demand that this sort of device NEVER be able to be used on any aircraft. This is absolute insanity and must be stopped at all cost. A video explaining this device is here; www.lamperdlesslethal.com...://www.lamperdlesslethal.com/video/EMDsafetybracelet.flv&title= as you can imagine this is nothing short of a horrible breach of the trust of the customers of this airline that is proposing this ludicrous idea. Please feel free to respond to this email with your thoughts (please no form letters, I would like a personal response from you.)

Thank you for your time

[edit on 7/8/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I love how they tell me how many of us would gladly wear this bracelet in order to remain safe in that video.

Keep us updated on your letter whatukno. I would like to see the response you get if any.

I think if this is allowed to happen it won't stop at planes. The thing that worries me is what is going to happen to scare us poor Americans so badly we accept this in the name of safety and security.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm thinking I won't ever wear one of those while I'm alive.

Here is another line so there is utterly no confusion on the number of lines in my fantastic post.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There are already a couple of threads with this same exact subject, posted here:
Airports may offer Electronic ID Bracelet/Taser!

And here:
Stun Bracelet for ALL Airline Passengers?

Going to lock this thread, please use previous linked threads to conitnue futher conversation.

Your cooperation has been a pleasure.
Thank you for flying Cons Piracy airways. Now if you will just relax, the initial pain subsides after a few minutes of your recovery to conciousness.

Please fly with us gain, where the peanuts are always free.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sounds like I left the airline industry a bit too soon. I would have loved to be able on occasion to hit by "mistake" the stun button on some of our"frequent Flier" "1K" that think they are gods gift to the human race.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join