It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Librarian Carrying 'McCain=Bush' Sign Kicked Out of McCain Event

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Ummm...okaaaaay.

Please, do check his voting record and stances on the issues. Buuuuuut, I guess if you want to talk about how he LOOKS, then I guess you're right, McCain doesn't equal Bush.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
How many other President could say that their approval ratings were almost 4 times higher than Congress? 32% to 9%

Bush was elected twice as President of the United States, yet McCain wants nothing to do with him? BIG Mistake!

McCain = Bush is nothing but a huge compliment for McCain, because McCain doesn't even hold a candle to Bush, just being mentioned in the same sentence would be a compliment to McCain.

Wow, just wow.

Here, check this out...

Once partisans had come to completely biased conclusions -- essentially finding ways to ignore information that could not be rationally discounted -- not only did circuits that mediate negative emotions like sadness and disgust turn off, but subjects got a blast of activation in circuits involved in reward -- similar to what addicts receive when they get their fix, Westen explains.

Partisan psychological study

You actually have a disease similar to addiction, and the flagrant ignorance in this post highlights your disease perfectly. Don't sweat it though; most people suffer from it to some extent.

In fact, here's a hypothesis that our partisanship evolved.

Political parties harness neural wiring that was probably selected for to encourage tribal solidarity and mutual defense of the tribe. Today it motivates people to defend positions and actions taken by the leaders of their political faction. The human mind was not selected for by evolution to be a perfect reasoning machine.

Linkydoo

The bottom line is, you know damn well that McCain = Bush is political suicide but you're emotionally driven by little endorphin receptors in your brain to rationalize otherwise.

From a logical perspective you know that if Bush were running again that absolutely all moderates and even some republicans would not vote for him. But pretending otherwise feels good, doesn't it?

From an intellectual point of view you know that Bush is a raging dunce, but you get the warm and fuzzys ignoring that fact.

I understand, I was once a partisan addict too.

<< 1   >>

join