It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something has changed, timeline?

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Aliens are messing with timelines?:
www.angelfire.com...
www.angelfire.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Something like this happened to me today, I very clearly remember reading about Jerry Lewis dying , I can see the CNN page about it in my head like I just read it, and yet, I watched his telethon earlier this afternoon. I even called a few friends and they were fairly certain he had died as well and remembered hearing about it. So dunno, maybe something maybe nothing.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I got a similar feeling to Magantice, JFM and Juan (probably others, but I've only read the first few pages, now I'm working backwards) on Sunday night. Sort of an agressive fear or paranoia that something bad had or was going to happen.
Nothing did happen, but I felt really odd, I've never known paranoia on that scale, it was almost like a crushing feeling it was that strong. I thought I was going crazy, so it's sort of reassuring that other people have felt the same. It's hard to describe to other people who don't feel like that. When I tried to explain to my mam she told me to check my blood sugar (I'm diabetic) - like thats gonna help!
Low sugars never made me feel like that before! I did it anyway, and it was a normal level so I dunno what it was. I tried to explain to my friend, but I think I freaked her out a bit so I stopped and didn't mention it til I saw this thread. It's not as strong now, but I do occasionally get a strange lurch in my gut thats like fear, and the thought and paranoia's always lingering at the back of my brain, but I can't put my finger on why...

That or I'm just mental.
But surely we can't all be mad?

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Ayana]

On the subject of timeshifts though, I just thought of something which could be one. I was walking to dog, as you do, and at the bottom of the cornfield I saw 2 massive sunflowers. I could show you where they were in the field I'm that convinced I saw them! The next day, walking the dog in the same place, they were gone, which I remember thinking was a little bit odd, because no one had been in the field. My dad commented that someone might've nicked them (why, I dont know, but people are wierd like that) but like literally the next week there were 3 sunflowers in the field, in slightly different places, looking a bit different and smaller than the other sunflowers I had seen - and I'm pretty sure they couldn't reach that height without me noticing them before. My dad just sort of agreed it was wierd, and I thought nothing more of it because there's a few things I could think of that might make sunflowers vanish and then reappear (like them growing?) but maybe it was...

I've also lost about 15 minutes of time walking to the shopping center to meet my friend. I know for a fact it takes 20 minutes (usually less) to walk there, and I left at 4:45 so I should get there at 5:05, 5 minutes late, but never mind. I didn't actually get there until 20 past 5, and my friend was about to ring me to find out where I was. Strangely enough I'm sure I remember looking at my phone going across the bridge at 4:55 and thinking, I'll be there fine, then I thought she was joking so I checked my phone and it was indeed 20 past. I remember joking that I must've fell through time and once again sort of pushing it out of my mind, but this thread sort of brought it back to me. Hmm.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Ayana]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There have been several times in my life when I KNEW for a FACT that something I had been looking for wasn't there. Then, suddenly, I looked back at the exact spot I had just been looking, and there it was.

Other times, I will make a point do go out of my way to make sure something that needs doing gets done. I go through all the motions of doing it, make lists so as to ensure that everything is in order, etc. Then I look again, and the activity I just took part it, somehow, mysteriously, wasn't ever done. Like... huh?

Other times I will experience powerful déjà vu, but not in the normal sense. I call it dream déjà vu. I will be doing something - usually something completely mundane and innocuous - and suddenly I will know, with no question in my mind, that I dreamed about this exact moment, experience, time of day, and activity the night before. It will all be completely clear and definititive, but then just as quickly the feeling passes and is gone.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think I stated this before but it got lost in the shuffle.
I remember MT St Helen's eurpting in 1983. I read a National Geographic Article on it in 1983 when I was 8 years old. This was not an article that was old news but very recent.
In 1984 I remember watching a movie on it as well.
I found out about a month a go that my knowledge of this event was different than what is reported. I ws quite shocked to see it happened May 1980. I remember that so clearly; a man named Harry Truman refused to leave and he died. A photographer also died as well. It was cold because they were wearing coats.
Now maybe it was just because I was a kid at the time but I can recall other major events like the Challenger explosion Jan 28,1986.
I asked my mom when did my dad start subscribing to National Geographic magazine and she said 1983. How in the world can I read a magazine that we did not have in the house in 1980?
I remember in 1982 watching something about MT St helen's is overdue for an eruption since one has not happened yet.
May 1980 I was 5 years old; I could barely read let alone read an adult magazine. Granted I was an advanced reader and writer by 7 but not at 5.
I also do not remember George Harrison's death. I have always been a Beatles fan and always watch the news. That is why in some posts on here I stated that 3 beatles were alive.
History does seem to change; is just my perception or has time changed?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Up until two years ago Bob Dillon had died of a Drugs overdose. I woke up one morning and he was in a TV advertisement. I commented that the CGI in TV was becoming incredible and so on.

My wife looked at me funny and said 'What are you talking about?'

I got into the whole Bob Dillon has been dead for years and she asked me what I had been smoking.

My god son of thirteen years had been named after Bob Dillon in memory of him and when I commented on this his mother more or less responded in the same way as my wife, asking me what I had been smoking.

It is fair to say I went a bit "gaga" for a couple of months trying to work out how for all these years I had been under the impression that Bob Dillon had died. I do not recall any news events of his death, just that it had been common knowledge that Bod Dillon had died a very long time ago.

You can call me crazy, many did because I was quite vocal about Bob Dillon coming back to life amongst my family and friends.

The whole thing still makes my head spin so to the OP there may be something to what you are saying... Or I'm just going slowly nuts

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I think I stated this before but it got lost in the shuffle.
I remember MT St Helen's eurpting in 1983. I read a National Geographic Article on it in 1983 when I was 8 years old. This was not an article that was old news but very recent.
In 1984 I remember watching a movie on it as well.
I found out about a month a go that my knowledge of this event was different than what is reported. I ws quite shocked to see it happened May 1980.

WHAT? It DID happen in 1983! I remember hearing that for all of my life. Granted I'm only 27 (will be 28 in December) so I was only two years old in 1983, but everything I have ever heard, read, or watched regarding that major eruption has said 1983for as long as I can remember... until today. Based on your post, I looked it up, and sure enough everything says 1980. Am I just crazy? What the hell is going on?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

So I did not just imagine this then. I am glad you posted that I was begginning to feel like I was having false memories.
There maybe something to this whole time slip thing.
I truly believe that everyone who has had memories about events really experienced them and they are being sincere.
Anything is really possible. Maybe all the timelines are starting to collide together? I am going to keep my eyes open to see if any other events seems to have changed. It is hard to sit there and think of it. I would love to hear others stories of anything that has changed for you as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I also remember Mr Rogers dying much more recently than he apparently did. I can't remember the precise year, but it sure wasn't SIX LONG YEARS ago!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I want to know more information on this sort of thing. What is this called exactly? Time slip implies more of a slip into another time. what is it if history just suddenly changes. I bet there are not a lot of other web sites who reference this.
I wander if it has anything to do with the Cern experiment. I have only noticed these things as of 2009.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think the implication of the term "time slip" is meant to be that time didn't so much change, as we moved from one timeline (the one we remember) into another already existing, parallel, but different time line. Pretty wild idea, but hey, who is to say this doesn't occur? How would we know?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ha! Just yesterday, I found out that Johnny Cash is dead. Died *years* ago! Now, since 1999 part of my job was to scour the news for all sorts of things. How did I miss that?! I didn't. Wherever I was then isn't where I am now.

Also, many years ago, I specifically recall that Richard Wilson, the actor who plays Victor Meldrew in "One Foot in the Grave" died during the filming of one of the episodes and they had to end his appearance as it was with him dying on the street of a heart attack or something. I was utterly shocked to find just a couple of years ago that he was and is still alive. I guess his other foot just never made it into that grave...

Good fun, that stuff.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Weird but I could have sworn Dick Van Dyke died but then I saw him on a talk show.
I pay attention to the news so I usually am pretty up to date on what is going on and who is alive etc.
I wish there was a book about this kind of thing; it is so fascinating. I wonder if there has happened before or is it just in our more recent history?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I remember Johny Cash dying a year or two ago. Turns out it was six years ago (The same year Mr Rogers apparently died. I remember him dying no more than two years ago...)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am trying to think hard to major events in the past. Besides celebrity deaths who else has different memories of other major events in our history?
I know this will happen again that parts of history has suddenly changed.
I can think of one incident off the top of my head was the death Sadam Hussien it occurred in 2004 yet I am reading that it actually happened in 2006. I lived with my dad at the time and moved out in 2005. This is more recent so I have more vivid memories of this. He was captured December 2003 and shot in Febraury 2004. I remember thinking how fast he was shot and how he did not have a trial. Not that I think he deserved one per say. In my memory there was no trial.
He wasn't even spoken of on the news until he was suddenly executed.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I like the expression "time slip" because it's unpretentious.
It can also be called a "dimensional slip", a "rift", a "reality shift" etc.
But there is no "exact" name - heck, many people don't even acknowledge the phenomenon.

But I really think - this is a general observation, not in reply to any message in particular - people should take extra care in not jumping to conclusions (in either direction). In order to establish what might be happening, one should first rule out all the physical possibilities - and that is often impossible to do.

So, as a lifelong "explorer" of these things, I would suggest to keep an open mind (that is a must, of course) - but also to read as much as possible about the physical/physiological parameters that should be considered.

For example, in my personal opinion the "deja vu" phenomenon could be satisfactorily explained (not explained away) by the discovery of the half-second delay between perception and processing of sensory data.
(I'll be writing more extensively on this elsewhere, but you can find the basic data here, although I remember there was another, perhaps better thread. Be sure to find it.)

Also, there is a recent discovery-in-the-making that suggests brain "wiring" could account for false memories. The article is very short and flawed; the theory itself seems still somewhat unconvincing (because of the slightly biased perspective of the researchers), but such things absolutely should be considered if you are serious about researching these phenomena (or even just thinking in depth about them).
N.B. If you are going to read the original article do not forget to read the comments below it!

And those who like reading about this, should absolutely read through some of the other threads right here, on ATS. Here are just a few that I found particularly interesting (or even created them):

Time slips, anyone?
(The title is self-explanatory.
)

Out of time and out of space
(An adventure in time/space, by one of the ATS members.)

Have you experienced a glitch in the matrix?

And you can find other such threads and/or interesting posts in other threads by searching for "time slips" etc.

It's well worth the time and effort.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
There have been several times in my life when I KNEW for a FACT that something I had been looking for wasn't there. Then, suddenly, I looked back at the exact spot I had just been looking, and there it was.

Ha, the "black hole"!

That's how I call it, because it's happened to me more times than I care to remember. (I could go into details, but what's the use of convincing those who already convinced? ;-)

I have a theory on this, but I am not sure it would explain ALL such occurrences. (And, anyway I have noticed that lately theories tend to fall flat here on ATS.)

Anyway, it's a fun phenomenon - and not always easily explained (away).

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
I think the implication of the term "time slip" is meant to be that time didn't so much change, as we moved from one timeline (the one we remember) into another already existing, parallel, but different time line. Pretty wild idea, but hey, who is to say this doesn't occur? How would we know?

I think this might explain why I sometimes see a re-phrased sentence or word that I have never seen before in that same line that I have read many times before (in a book or an article). Pretty strange...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I do think that the temporal delay between perception and processing of said perception mentioned by a poster above is a valid hypothesis for the explanation of deja vu. However, while I have had that kind of deja vu, I've also had instance in which I remembered, vividly, having dreamed the events the prior night, or in some cases even several nights prior. It isn't just a sense of familiarity or that "this has already happened before," but specifically that I dreamed it. It feels just like having the memory of a dream triggered, and recollecting the dream suddenly after having forgotten it before.

I'm kind of odd in that I have a level of conscious awareness in dreams in terms of my waking, physical environment. It isn't the same thing as lucid dreaming. I just mean that I can tell, while dreaming, that I am dreaming, and I can feel myself laying in bed and sometimes even see myself. So as a result I can often remember along with visual dream imagery, exactly what position I was laying in when I had the dream, the approximate time of night, etc. So I can't explain my "dream deja vu" as just a delay between perception and processing, because the deja vu often includes the specific memory of being in a dream, in my bed, how many days ago it was, etc.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by AceWombat04]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
My hobby is 'age-reversal' and i often come to terms that time does not exist, but it is something we are brainwashed to think that exist

if you rid of that 'time brainwash' you can find that there is only consciousness and your life and physical state is only reflection of it

p.s. i would like to investigate that some more, but monthly bills (time force) wont let me, i wish they wouldnt excist too, so i will be back to it later

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join