It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
reply to post by realshanti

Yeah, but sadly you seem to have missed the whole point of my summation.

Oh well, orbs will do what they will and neither man nor beast shall matter in a trice. To thine ownself be true.

oh please - didn't miss your point...just adding my own...no need to be pompous and defensive

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I was referring to you saying "let this thread die." I just think its ironic that if you want to let the thread die, that you are steadily hanging around it and replying to it. That's all. Plus I know that you don't believe Dan so don't act like you are innocently defending him. If you truly don't believe Dan and want to let the thread die, then why would you continue to follow it and respond unless......you find it truly interesting???

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

LOL, apart from my replies on this last couple of pages, I've put up exactly three other replies in this whole thread. Feel free to check if you don't believe me. If that's following intently, then ok, you got me. LOL

You're right, I don't believe the story happened like Dan stated. I do believe Dan believes he's telling the truth. I stated my opinion on what actually happened in this thread and in the RATS thread.

I do think the thread should die. Dan isn't answering any more questions. All the details have been debated and it seems no new information is forthcoming. The latest posts are trying to debunk him but are blatantly getting details wrong. I merely pointed out the mistakes. So, what's wrong with that?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
To be fair, 80 miles a WEEK is about two and half times what a marathoner runs per week. Apparently anything over 25 miles a WEEK tends to be more injurious.

I think that is the point this poster is trying to make. Coupled with the other training the OP contends, we should see a well toned individual, which we do not.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

LOL, apart from my replies on this last couple of pages, I've put up exactly three other replies in this whole thread. Feel free to check if you don't believe me. If that's following intently, then ok, you got me. LOL

I stand corrected. You are right on that. BTW, I like how you encased your paragraph in sarcastic lawlz tags...
Not trying to be disrespectful, but I really found that funny.

You're right, I don't believe the story happened like Dan stated. I do believe Dan believes he's telling the truth. I stated my opinion on what actually happened in this thread and in the RATS thread.

Well put. That is respectable. I also believes that Dan does in fact believe he's telling the truth. I also believe he may embellish parts of the story to make it more entertaining. However, I do believe Dan saw something.

I do think the thread should die. Dan isn't answering any more questions. All the details have been debated and it seems no new information is forthcoming. The latest posts are trying to debunk him but are blatantly getting details wrong. I merely pointed out the mistakes. So, what's wrong with that?

Nothings wrong with that, however, I don't believe this thread will die anytime soon. As you stated, the information is all there for anyone that wants to read it. If I were you Comte, I would just let them speculate nonsense and thrive on their own ignorance, because those that do the reading know what is correct and what is not. Your just putting more stress on yourself by arguing points with people that do not read. Although this is a HEFTY thread full of flames so the good info is hard to sift through. Remember man, the idiot will always win the conversation because they speak the loudest.

For those that would like to read just Dan's posts or any other members specific posts, you can click the "Thread" button underneath their post and it will just list all of that specific members posts. It just helps to sort through the information sometimes.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

You're right and I did not say whether or not I believed Dan on this point. I was just pointing out the fact of what Dan actually said because youarearegularriotalice seems to think Dan said 80 miles a day.

To be fair, I don't think these details of Dan's physical fitness are relevant to his story. I don't believe they were even mentioned in the RATS thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Like you, I'm neutral and attempting to clarify the point.

So I agree. We shouldn't dwell on this single issue when there are several that need to be addressed.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

fleabit, I'm not your enemy. My deepest apologizes if I offended you. It was not my intention to do so.

I didn't accuse you of personally attacking Dan, being hateful or tell you not to call this thread a hoax. Nor did I say you were a jerk.

My fascination with things not of this earth began November 1947 when I first noticed the moon. I was to young to talk but it was evident to my parents that I wanted the moon as I would stretch out my arms, stare at the moon and cry.

When I began to talk I asked my father to get the moon for me. Now, over 60 years later I still watch the skies with a longing I can't explain.

Being a believer that we are not alone in this universe I want to believe Dan's story.

I reserve the right to my opinion as to the validity of this thread. You, of course, have that right as well. I also choose to be civil in posting.

You, fleabit, are using logical reasoning and that is a good thing. Maybe you can tell me why Dan would risk his reputation by creating a hoax.

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
One more thing.

Since your are from abroad. In Europe I think is the continent.

Wouldn't you prefer to reference your form of measurement in meters, or metres, or maybe kilometers or kilometres in stead of miles? Taking the measurement of 80 is very different between the two.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by minnesotawreckingcrewv.2]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Maybe you can tell me why Dan would risk his reputation by creating a hoax.
Peace

This is NOT a relacement for what fleabit will answer with. However, it is in a main forum so I chose to take the bait.

What exactly is a reputation in Skunkworks (yeah I know it started in aliens/UFO)? Even better, what exactly is a reputation in any forum on ATS? Certainly you understand, that this entire site, doesn't really hold any foundation since it is over the internet? OH BUT WAIT. I am sure his RATS membership (and certainly his points) qualifies him as being honest, sincere, non-delusional, critical thinker, non fabricator, all around good guy right who thinks he is the greatest survival expert in the UK? Is that what you mean by reputation?

Take care and have a jolly weekend pondering reputation on ATS.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
To be fair, 80 miles a WEEK is about two and half times what a marathoner runs per week. Apparently anything over 25 miles a WEEK tends to be more injurious.

I think that is the point this poster is trying to make. Coupled with the other training the OP contends, we should see a well toned individual, which we do not.

Challenge: Dan Tanna, please provide a video of you running for two hours straight with the cam in your hand. Better yet, based on your "4" hour a day run, every day, take two tapes and change them out and throw the video up for us.

Bet: Dan Tanna can't run 4 hours straight. $100 USD to you, if you can prove you can run that stretch.

If he cannot run it, he is a liar.

EDIT: Bet still stands, however, I am pushing the ante up. 250 USD total. 4 hour run time in the Culloden Woods. You know. Where he captured a UFO pic. LMFAO!

Make no mistake. I do pay my wagers. Mods can contact me if in doubt. My only request is IF DT doesn't complete the 4 hour run, he gets perma banned. If I lose, DT gets 250 USD. Simple wager really.

[edit on 7/13/2008 by Stockburn]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Stockburn

I'd rather see an hour of watching him mushing himself into a leather chair to create those alien electric tuna burns we saw in those pictures, or maybe even an hour of regression therapy or whatever their calling it these days.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BS_Slayer

I'd rather see a pic of him, no head shot in his Aikido gui (uniform) with said belt, wedding ring, worn finger from ring,

oh, and knife that was broken.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Stockburn

Stockburn, I did not throw out any bait. You may think of this as a game but I don't.

Have you read Dan's latest thread concerning survival fishing? It seems to indicate he is a reasonable thinking rather normal man. Other posts I read of his also seem rational and above board.

Over time members of a forum do gain a reputation of sorts. There are some members that have a reputation for being very witty, others seem most benevolent towards other members. Others seem to be have a pattern of arrogance. The posters personality does create a reputation after many months of observation.

It seems totally out of character for Dan to create what some believe to be a hoax.

My post to fleabit was not ugly or accusing. Why do you choose to attack me?

Thank you for wishing me a good weekend. My Sunday will be good as is everyday of each week of my life. Since I sold my business a year ago everyday is a holiday.

Best Wishes

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread369106/pg75#pid46195

Stockburn, I did not throw out any bait. You may think of this as a game but I don't.

I guess we see things differently. A post in a forum is bait. No big deal.

Have you read Dan's latest thread concerning survival fishing?

Yes I did. Trot/jug lines is nothing new. Period.

Over time members of a forum do gain a reputation of sorts. There are some members that have a reputation for being very witty, others seem most benevolent towards other members. Others seem to be have a pattern of arrogance. The posters personality does create a reputation after many months of observation.

It seems totally out of character for Dan to create what some believe to be a hoax.

Again we differ on thoughts. I don't want to go adnaseum on reputation, but in my time here on ATS. There are BS'ers, followers, and rational thinkers, Know-It-All's and sometimes good folk who end up here for no good reason. This of course only includes forums (that I have read) like Survival, Skunkworks, alien/ufo, and Paranormal. Of course there is a gem in the midst every once in a whle. YMMV.

My post to fleabit was not ugly or accusing. Why do you choose to attack me?

Thank you for wishing me a good weekend. My Sunday will be good as is everyday of each week of my life. Since I sold my business a year ago everyday is a holiday.

Best Wishes

Never said you were ugly or accusing. I didn't attack you, only the concept. I only chose to voice my opinion which it appears we vary on.

Take care and the very best to you,

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

reply to post by fleabit

fleabit, I'm not your enemy. My deepest apologizes if I offended you. It was not my intention to do so.

I didn't accuse you of personally attacking Dan, being hateful or tell you not to call this thread a hoax. Nor did I say you were a jerk.

My fascination with things not of this earth began November 1947 when I first noticed the moon. I was to young to talk but it was evident to my parents that I wanted the moon as I would stretch out my arms, stare at the moon and cry.

When I began to talk I asked my father to get the moon for me. Now, over 60 years later I still watch the skies with a longing I can't explain.

Being a believer that we are not alone in this universe I want to believe Dan's story.

I reserve the right to my opinion as to the validity of this thread. You, of course, have that right as well. I also choose to be civil in posting.

You, fleabit, are using logical reasoning and that is a good thing. Maybe you can tell me why Dan would risk his reputation by creating a hoax.

Peace

No worries, it takes a lot to offend me. You seem like a terribly nice soul, and a good person, but you, and others, including Dan, I really don't know. The Internet provides the ability to present oneself as something completely different than they really are. Some do it to garner attention, some for kicks, and there are plenty that get a rush from the "attention" that arises from discussing them or their story on a public message board, such as this. The longer they can carry this on, the bigger the thrill.

You? I believe you are as you say. You seem like a nice person.

Dan? I think he is full of hooey. And while I understand you *want* to believe, try to be as objective as you can when you read these things. If only because the more times you devote a bit of your belief to something like this, and it turns out to be a hoax, it's going to make you more jaded or bitter or resentful of the subject matter, as time goes on. Don't set yourself up for a fall later.

When I was younger, I often believed much of what I heard about UFOs, paranormal, or anything of that ilk without reservation. Because I wanted to believe. Now, I no longer do that. I try to approach anything new with a mindset of at a minimum, nuetrality, and often with a slight degree of skepticism. I can't relate how many things that seemed real once upon a time, have been debunked as hoaxes, frauds, and people turned out to be liars, or just really good storytellers.

I absolutely believe in UFOs, and I personally hold that they are from somewhere "not around here." Other dimensions, other worlds, it really doesn't matter, it's quite astounding no matter from where they hail. But I think the media and the government have a stranglehold on the truth. And the one thing that drives the media, and makes it so easy to denounce ufos and alien encounters, is the sheer number of false stories, fake photos, and fools who think killing themselves to hitch a ride on a comet is a "good idea."

Right now, it's easier than ever to fake encounters. Computer technology makes it so almost anyone can create an image or even a video that looks so real, it's hard to tell the diference. Right now, the study of ufos needs solid facts. That's why something like this, which imo, is VERY fake, just based on all the information we've been given, rankles. It really bugs me. It does not help disclosure or progression in study, it only hinders it.

Finally, I've already read a lot of posts from folks who have said in a nutshell, "I believe him because he sounds like he is telling the truth." That's not a reason. That's someone trying to guess his character. People need to take a really hard look at all the info, then decide. But thanks for the nice response.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by fleabit]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Why no mention of your extreme martial arts training before to enable you the be so aggresive in this fight. I would think one would mention his extreme training skills. Before now.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by minnesotawreckingcrewv.2

I don't know much about fighting styles, but if you and your wife were laying in bed with your baby between you and you pulled an alien into the bed, struggled, and stabbed him a few times before rolling off. Which fighting style would you choose so that you wouldn't wake the baby?

Okay, I was not trying to mislead anyone. This is from the OP's first post:

The first knife blow hit it right in the left eye as i pulled it down and towards me.

The second / third / fourth hit it in the throat and jaw area, and it really then decided it didn't want to play any more.

We rolled off the bed onto the floor and I really went totally mad on it to be honest. A rage, red rage sweeped through me at the thought that this 'thing' was trying to steal my baby /wife..

[edit on 7/13/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
I said i do aikido and bamboo forest and run 80 a week. People, do you realise how short a distance that actually is ?

Having a history of competitive long distance running, I can say that's not short at all. Even for top level marathoners. And considering you also stated:

Its a habit i got into a long time ago

You certainly wouldn't carry more than around 4% of body fat. Which no doubt is inconsistent with the picture you shared.

You also stated that coupled with martial arts training, you spend quite a bit of time working out. Every day:

Thats four hours a day.

Well how about that (!). But wait - aside from that you also state:

You know why i do that ? because I like it and as I need time out thats where i get it - I care for the kid and the wife works full time...

Being a father of an infant myself, I can confidently say you'd have quite a bit of trouble squeezing in that kind of training routine.

But wait - not only that - looking at the time stamps of your very frequent posting during this very thread I have to say that your math have to be just as unbelievable as the tale you've been trying to sell.

Originally posted by jsobecky
I honestly think this thread should be shut down immediately. There is no further information coming from it, Dan has refused to answer even semi-tough questions, and the longer this thread stays active the more ATS' image suffers.

I couldn't agree more. I would say that the evidence against the claims of the OP is overwhelming at this point.

Yet the thread, as well as its originator is very much active. Wow.

[edit on 13/7/08 by Durden]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
To recap:

1. DT fights fish being. Falls asleep after encounter (including wife). Tells long tale.
1a. Names his knife.
2. DT Describes the killing in gruesome account.
3. Wife chimes in with words spelled the same (incorrectly), collaborating his tale, I mean story.
4. Wife sees dolphin, lulls her to sleep after attack.
5. DT shows Photos of scratches that are worthy of walking/striding in the bush. not of fish being attack.
6. Posts photo of UFO, Have we actually received EXIF data in that pic yet? The pic posted sure is small.
7. Most rational thinkers attack story, not person. I might have failed on that one.

8. DT states, knife blade was "broken" off inside fish being. Yet, the picture's he posts proves the knife was not pinched off, but rather disassembled for picture. No way no how, the knife casing was NOT bent or tweaked.
9. Pictures of left hand (with his wedding ring (get that baby resized btw) , show no calluses or any type of hand to hand combat (i.e., bruising, slices, chaffing, etc). Haha! My 2 year old and 5 year lod son have more calluses. Actually you have ZERO calluses.
10. DT posts in numerous threads just after his fishing beig kill. Appears non shaken.
11. claims he can run 4 hours a day, yet has a body of a 50 year old.
12. DT draws picture of said fish being which would make H&R Puff n Stuff proud.
13. Claims he has an axe in his bedroom where himself, wife and BABY sleep.
14. DT states he won't post again, because the masses are jst to critical.
15. DT Rears head, states his position again, skpetics are well bad people.
16. DT comes in again with a tombstone, staging he is leaving this thread, and all earth is a bad place with ill intentions and darn it, we're mean!
17. Constantly talks about RATS. Its the best thing since sliced bread, and we are lucky to even get a slice on the main lie forum (RATS). Again, and again and again.

Why do I bother with this garbage?

Oh, I forgot to mention, some arsehole actually called you out on running 4 hours straight up and to put it on video. Its a 100 bucks USD if you can do it, and post the video. Oh wait, that was me. I am many things in this life, however, I am not a liar, nor am I a welcher. I am happy to pay you the $ if you can prove you can run 4 hours a day straight.

No care this time, just luck.

Can someone revise the above list? I truly am bored with this.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join