It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polish president sell out to new EU

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pro-genetic

my apologies.

I must have quoted the wrong person.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Euroche

That's a load of crap.

all you do is spout crap

Well if its not meant to develop and progress Europe it's certainly done a good job inadvertantly. The Irish know this all too well. The spanish, greeks, polish and eastern european countries are all benefiting from European investment.

Ironic that you should reference the Irish, probably the country that has benefited most, in the short term, financially from the EU and even they dont trust this pathetic attempt at erasing national borders, hah, so funny dont you think

Personally i think erasing European borders is an excellent development.

yes, as did Hitler

The nation state as we know it is devolving and has been for some time.

the only thing that is "devolving" is the pro EU elites' (and their pathetic lickspittles) sense of reality- they are detached and will be brought down to earth

Those who rally against Europe are simply backward peasants with no vision of the future.

such a quote could have come straight from Stalin or Hitler- pathetic little elitist apologist.

Maybe you should step away from the Sun newspaper and think for yourself.

Europe is the way forward for this country. Every European government knows this. It's going to happen and greater centralisation will continue to happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

The difference between hitler or napoleon or any other dictator who tried to conquor europe is that they tried to force people to do it with a gun to there heads where as the EU is done by consensus! The carrot works much better than the stick!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pro-genetic

The difference between hitler or napoleon or any other dictator who tried to conquor europe is that they tried to force people to do it with a gun to there heads where as the EU is done by consensus! The carrot works much better than the stick!

yes, the consensus of the referendums in Ireland, and the previous ones in France and Holland, they really give two sh its about consensus!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

yes, the consensus of the referendums in Ireland, and the previous ones in France and Holland, they really give two sh its about consensus!

Good point. Ireland might only be less than 1% of the population of Europe but of the 491 million people in the EU only about 4.1 million had the opportunity to vote on the treaty. Last time they tried for an EU constitution more people were allowed to vote on it and more people voted against it. Next time I predict even fewer people will get to vote because they are just going to keep pushing it until they get what they want. The treaty is dead, long live the treaty!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by John82

Good point. Ireland might only be less than 1% of the population of Europe but of the 491 million people in the EU only about 4.1 million had the opportunity to vote on the treaty. Last time they tried for an EU constitution more people were allowed to vote on it and more people voted against it. Next time I predict even fewer people will get to vote because they are just going to keep pushing it until they get what they want. The treaty is dead, long live the treaty!

well said, it is not really about "consensus", other than a consensus among Europe's political elite and chattering classes

[edit on 8-7-2008 by blueorder]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

You mention France and netherlands as those who said no in a referendum, what about those that said yes in a public vote for the constitution....spain and luxemburg for instance.

And being Irish myself I can tell you that most people voted no because the treaty was never explained to them, if you dont understand a text you are going to vote no regardles of what it is about, if it goes to a second vote next year then it will be voted in as people now know what the text does and how it does it, maybe 10% of those who voted no did so because they were against it!

And yes europe does care about consensus, the fact that they had to change the treaty to satisfy the french and dutch is proof of that!
Otherwise they would have ploughed on regardles.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Euroche

Your whole idea about America is exactly why you arefaultering now. It thought it could go it alone; and is now realising that it can't.

We could have, done it alone.
We have scum-bag politicians who destroyed our country by getting rid of laws that insured the continuation of our country.
We have had tariffs removed, deregulation, and "free trade", and weakening of our copy right and patent laws, and restrictions on oil exploration and pumping and the stand still of the nuclear industry.
If we would have had honest leaders, who did not sell us out to the globalists, we would be doing fine, right now.
They are doing the same thing to you, but just in a more sophisticated way.
Once America is taken down, Europe will be ripe for the picking, without anyone to help you out.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

not very nice when the boot is on the other foot.

When America was benefiting it was all candy. Now that its the other way round you are on the receiving end of many of the instiutions that previously served your ambitions.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

You mention France and netherlands as those who said no in a referendum, what about those that said yes in a public vote for the constitution....spain and luxemburg for instance.

yes, that is the point, limited countries being given a say, with a majority rejecting when given the chance

And being Irish myself I can tell you that most people voted no because
the treaty was never explained to them, if you dont understand a text you are going to vote no regardles of what it is about, if it goes to a second vote next year then it will be voted in as people now know what the text does and how it does it, maybe 10% of those who voted no did so because they were against it!

this is just elitist propaganda, about a text DELIBERATELY made so wordy and complex to avoid the European peasants understanding it. ANd you can't tell me why hundreds of thousands voted no, nobody can, you can quote the odd eccentric character being interviewed after voting no coming off with odd statements, but that is only isolated individuals.

Anyway, it is a spurious point, some people vote in ordinary Irish elections for ridiculous reasons "my hubby reckons I should vote for this party" etc

And yes europe does care about consensus, the fact that they had to change the treaty to satisfy the french and dutch is proof of that!
Otherwise they would have ploughed on regardles.

good gag, "change", hah, love it- clearly you don't listen to the EU elite who do EXACTLY as you say they dont, ie, when a no vote comes in the usual arrogant comments of "the project continues regardless" etc

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join