It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For anyone who has ever had to work on a holiday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
As I have stated before , I work overnights and darn it, I have to work tonight while every one else will be enjoying fireworks. I know what you all will say "well you should'nt have a job that is open on holidays" and believe me, I have no problem doing my duty and going to work. But I can't help but feel a little sad that I will not be able to join in the festivities. My fiance is out buying fireworks right now and I just know he isn't going to save any for tommorrow!

I know most of us have had to miss out on holiday celebrations because of work so come on in and join the mini-gripe.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have had many a job where I have had to work every holiday. Including Christmas!!

I feel for ya, it sucks especially when you do have loved ones you would rather be with.

Well hoping you have a great 4th anyway snowflake_obsidian!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I find it kinda ironic the last time that I worked on a Holiday. It was memorial day. And I was working for the Army. The training doesn't stop for holidays.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My job at the weather bureau here in Oz is like that. Only difference is we have to work Christmas Day and Good Friday which only a few jobs have to do. So we are a 24/7 366 day of the year job

Shouldnt complain though we get double time and a half pay

join