It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assistance with possible abduction experience, please?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
When I was about 14 or 15, I had a very interesting experience for two separate nights while lying in bed.

I had moved to North Carolina to live with my father, and we lived in a cottage type house inside of Reidsville, NC with his wife and her daughter. On multiple occasions, while watching MTV (bleh) in my living room late at night, I would hear heavy foot steps coming from my kitchen. I knew there was noone in the kitchen because I had access to view the room from where I sat, there was nothing in the room that I could identify as producing the sounds. I don't know what they were, or what caused them, but they began about a month or so before the experiences I had in my bedroom.

I remember waking up lying on my back in my bed. What I saw standing above me was terrifying, but I think only because it was so unfamiliar.

Standing above me, seeming to stare directly down at my face, was what I can only describe as a bright, orange light that had taken on the shape of a human. I could not make out any facial distinctions, no eyes, mouth or ears. In fact, I don't believe I was even able to discern a separation between the entity's "arms" and it's "torso".

It looked like an orange light, that had taken on the shape of a person. I could clearly see the "silhouette" of a humanoid individual. The light that the thing itself was made of didn't seem to be illuminating the room at all, but more of holding itself in a containment of some kind, so as to maintain shape.

In my fear, I remember attempting to scream. Absolutely not one sound escaped my mouth, not a thing. I remember trying to sit forward, to get up and away from the situation, and not being able to. It felt as though I was on a drug that had removed from me my ability to use my muscles. It felt like I had been given a drug that didn't quite numb me, but made me separate from my body. It felt like there was something keeping me from moving, but not like a restraint. It felt like I had just lost my ability to move my body above my head. So I laid there, eyes and mouth wide open, terrified. Then, I felt comfort, lots of comfort. And in a matter of seconds I found myself closing my eyes and drifting back into sleep without a second thought towards the thing that was still, even then, staring me in the face. I woke up the next day confused, but assuming it was a waking dream or some sort of confusion I had caused myself.

The very next evening, I laid down and went to sleep. Again, sometime in the night, I woke up to find the entity looking at me. However, this time it was across the room from me, sitting the the corner near my window and closet door. It sat, "hunched" over, looking directly at me. I hesitate to say "hunched" because I was unable to discern clearly legs and arms on the entity. Just that it had a humanoid appearance, and was very clearly looking at me. I didn't feel the heavy weight that the first night had brought, didn't feel drugged at all and I seemed to be able to move my limbs without issue. So I looked right back at it, more inquistive than scared this time, and it just looked at me. It and I sat this way for a number of minutes, until I layed my head down and went back to sleep.

I have not seen anything like this before, or ever again after those two evenings.

I don't think it hurt me. I never felt hurt, although I did feel scared initially. It never made any overtly aggressive advances, let alone touched me (that I know of). It just seemed to look at me very closely the first night, and then from a slight distance the second night.

The feelings of paralysis seem to match what other people describe as abduction experiences, do you guys think that maybe this is what happened to me?

Any opinions/advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated. This is the only event I have ever experienced in my life that would fall into the category of "paranormal" or "extra-terrestrial". Like I said, it's intent did not seem to be malicious.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's intent didn't seem to me to be malicious, if nothing else it seemed curious. Can any of you guys speculate as to why it was interested in me and coming into my room? Have any of you seen or heard of anything else that looks like this particular entity?

Thanks for any possible help
I am very curious as to what it was and why it was there

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You mention that you heard the footsteps in the kitchen while watching tv late at night.

My question would be, do you recall if you were either heavily zoning out or perhaps drifting off to sleep while in front of the television?

I do not want to discount your possible encounter but it is possible that what you experienced was sleep paralysis.

Heres a link to the Stanford University website with an article about it:

www.stanford.edu...

and the obligatory wiki:
en.wikipedia.org...

I am not saying that you didn't encounter something other worldy just saying that this is another possiblity.

Take care and happy posting,

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Taj Mikel

Honestly, I would think that it was most likely a spirit of some sort. Spirits are notoriously curious.
Sometimes the shock of what is going on around you can cause you to have problems moving around, etc etc. Just a different angle to look at.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thanks guys for both of your replies

I'm not sure if it was a spirit or not, like I said I have not since or before had an experience even slightly similar to this. It didn't seem malicious or angry, I guess just inquisitive.

Thanks a bunch for the info and links on the Sleep Paralysis too, Spider. The descriptions do match the experience, what with hallucinations and paralysis, but I'm curious.. What is the likelihood that I would experience sleep paralysis two nights in a row at age 15 but never again and never before? Is it common for sleep paralysis to express itself only once or twice in succession and then disappear?

Thanks again guys, I've been reading on ATS for a while but just recently mustered up the guts to actually post

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
On the surface, your encounter does sound similar to a manifestation of "The Old Hag Syndrome". In the old days, these experiences were also referred to as Incubus and Succubus depending on your gender, (the Incubus were known to visit females in the dead of night as did the Succubus to males).

Today, the medical fraternity (scientists) call it Sleep Paralysis. Some researches (UFOlogists & Parapsychologists) have speculated that the Old Hag, Incubus and Succubus could be related to Alien Abduction or Visitation. In the old days people though of them as demons or evil as that was a common motive. Today in our technical era, we perceive them as Alien Visitors.

One interesting parallel is that many people also encountered sexual experiences. Females often encountered rape-like scenarios and males, the extraction of sperm. I believe this is where the UFOlogists draw their parallels to early attempts at alien/human hybridization programs.

A common trait of the Old Hag Syndrome is paralysis and a heaviness (or restrictiveness) to the chest, making it a laborious task to breath, let alone produce a shriek of terror.

In some studies, scientists received similar results - including the feeling of a 'presence' in the room with the subject or being physically touched from stimulating parts of the brain (namely the temporal lobe) with EM frequencies.

The jury has always been divided on this one (IMHO), the lines are firmly drawn in the sand between two parties. Those that believe in a more mundane explanation and conversely, the others that believe it may be 'other worldly' - be that spiritual or extra terrestrial.

I hope that gives you a little more info. Feel free to google it and do your own research. Your the best one to gauge whether the information fits your experience or not.

IRM

PS: It's great to see that you have an open mind and haven't jumped to conclusions. You should be commended!

Edit For Typos

[edit on 4/7/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I second InfraRedMan on the open mind. It's good to seek answers, as too often people come here only wanting confirmation for what they already believe, and as a consequence, they never learn or grow.

Good for you.

Edit to fix IRM's name here.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

LOL NGC!

I simply adore the fact that I made a typo when choosing my ATS name. I will never live it down

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Jeez Infa if you had never admitted the typo we all would've gone on just assuming you were having fun with your name and being clever.

Now we know you're just as bad at typing as we are

And to taj, I wish I could say I was an expert and could answer your questions as to why you would experience these things two nights in a row and never again...I simply do not have the answer to that.

I will say (if I remember correctly) that being fifteen ain't easy. Lot's of stuff emotionally and hormonally going on.

Perhaps there was something going on in your life at that time that was really stressing you out throughing your body chemistry off balance and therefore opening the door for you to experience this half awake/half asleep state.

I don't know if people who experience Sleep Paralysis experience it only a few times in their lives or constantly.

Then again you could have had a true paranormal/spiritual experience which I would never discount.

Can you recall anything going on in your life at that time...specifically that week that may have heightened your stress levels more than usual?

Don't feel you need to share anything too personal.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
wrong thread

[edit on 4-7-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hey guys, thanks again for the support

I have been reading for a while now on ATS, and so I think (hope) I have developed a filter and genuine desire for truth that works to sort out fantasy and reality. Who can really say though!

With so much information being spread around regarding not only abductions, but EMF mind control and drugs being used to manipulate thoughts to the end of controlling a person's behavior it becomes hard to determine what really is happening and what is just an illusion.

My honest guess, at this point, is sleep paralysis. I've not had ANY other paranormal or extra terrestrial experiences throughout the whole of my life, so. Then again, I have not had any other sleep paralysis experiences either. It's hard to say but I figure, in the end, it doesn't matter if I was abducted and toyed with, chipped and returned. Probably doesn't matter if it was a curious sprite of interested spirit. Fact of the matter is that, at this point in time, I seem to be fine and the information won't have an impact on my daily goings about anyway. If aliens/ghosts/extra dimensional entities want to make themselves known, they are certainly welcome to. Otherwise, I'll stick to my rational side and call it a trip up of the brain

Thanks again for the help guys (Especially you, Spider), you all certainly made my first ATS post a pleasant one

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taj Mikel
I have not seen anything like this before, or ever again after those two evenings.

Probably because after 2 nights of trying to abduct you and failed, be needed help or Assistance with possible Abduction, (hence your thread title) and his friends just said the hell with it and fired his ass for incompetence.

you were 14 or 15 when, How long ago was this?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No problemo. And good for you for not dismissing the rational explanation.

Though I don't think any one here can say for certainty what truly happened.

In the end, even if you did experience a couple of episodes of sleep paralysis it doesn't discount the spiritual relevance of what you saw; simply because it opened you up to the possiblity that there is more going on in the universe than our basic senses can perceive.

Which in my opinion is always a good thing.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
That was about decade ago, maybe 9 years. I'm verging on 24 now, so, somewhere around there.

I agree with you there too, Spider. Regardles of what the event actually happened to be, I can only really focus on the impact it had on me, which while at the time wasn't on par with a revelation, still did over time grow and blossom into another sponsoring thought that cultivated a deep curiosity towards the "unknown" and/or "unexplained".

Haha, maybe they did try and give up though. My guess is, if there truly was an entity there with me those two nights, it knocked me out the first night and did whatever it was there to do. The second night, if anything, it was observing me to see the results.

The thing that I'm really curious about is whether or not anyone else has seen this sort of being before. Usually, in my readings, I come across descriptions of various sorts of Grey aliens, Reptiles, Nordics, Mothmen, Bigfoot, green skinned humans, blue skinned humans, really tall humans, really short humans, really furry humans, etc.. Never heard anything in particular referring to a humanoid that seems to be composed of orange, contained light lol. Have you guys ever come across anything that matches that description? I've heard of orbs and floating lights, for sure, but never an actual humanoid. What y'all think?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I come across descriptions blue skinned humans, really tall humans, really short humans, really furry humans, etc.. Never heard anything in particular referring to a humanoid that seems to be composed of orange, contained light lol. Have you guys ever come across anything that matches that description?

Yes, blue humans
www.babble.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Yes, really tall and short humans

Yes, furry humans
tbn0.google.com...:jfsuWrmS7qv1mM:www.puppstheories.com...

And finally yes, orange skin humans

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
double post...

[edit on 7/6/2008 by Spiderj]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Good stuff man, lol.

I've seen the pictures of the tallest/smallest men, that's pretty nuts. Also have seen the Mexican Werewolf guy, his girlfriend/wife is pretty hot!

Oompa Loompas.. Those little guys haunt my dreams. They're the true Greys, they just use their cursed songs to distort their images in our memories.

Really though, apparently the short furry guys come from underground, which is interesting because it reminds me of the typical Fantasy rendition of a cave dwelling Dwarf, just need a battle axe and Scottish accent!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Taj Mikel

You forgot about the purple humans.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Really though, apparently the short furry guys come from underground, which is interesting because it reminds me of the typical Fantasy rendition of a cave dwelling Dwarf, just need a battle axe and Scottish accent!

You didn't state what color they are. Maybe green. Maybe not from underground, but from trash cans.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ahahaha, I didn't see that one lol. I think, technically though, that is another blue person. Probably a lazier, larger version of the guys who make up the Blue Man group. Or, even better, the fat blue ones must be the leaders, fat and lethargic from years of gluttony.

In conclusion, the blue people must be shape shifting American Bushy puppet masters, here to reap the rewards for their centuries long enslavement of the sad human race.

It's clear, all they want is Jenny Craig.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join