It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real McCain - Less Jobs. More Wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here are some videos that I hadn't seen before. The Real McCain. Some of the information on them:

- Fifteen of McCain's closest advisors and fundraisers (including Charlie Black) have lobbied for Oil companies.
- In 2008, McCain has taken nearly a half a million dollars from Big Oil.
- He owns 8 homes (and calls Obama an "elitist").
- There's a VERY interesting video about Veteran's benefits and their view of McCain's position against the GI bill.

Key McCain Advisors were Lobbyists for Shady Lender

John Green, the senator's chief liaison to Congress, and Wayne Berman, his national finance co-chairman, billed more than $720,000 in lobbying fees from 2005 through last year to Ameriquest Mortgage through their lobbying firm, disclosure forms reviewed by the Daily News show.

Just take a few minutes and look through these videos. (Some are a bit goofy, some are downright sobering.) I've been spending so much time defending Obama from stupid, baseless attacks, that I haven't taken any time to look into the valid accusations against McCain...

Sounds a bit like a strategy.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Military-Industrial complex. A phrase that holds a lot of weight given these past 8 years.

Fight in Iraq so Colt, Lockheed, Blackwater, and most importantly Haliburton and all the other oil companies can profit. It'll just continue under McCain!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
- Fifteen of McCain's closest advisors and fundraisers (including Charlie Black) have lobbied for Oil companies.

Lee Hamilton, hired by Obama as a foreign policy advisor, is a senior member of Sandy Berger's Stonebridge lobbying firm. James Johnson is partnered with George Soros and a director of Goldman Sachs.

And you point is?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Why is wanting more GI benefits for more time served being against the GI Bill?

Why should a soldier serving just 3 years get the same GI Bill as one serving 20?

McCain obviously wants more jobs...gotta take care of all those illegal aliens he wants amnesty for.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Yeah but I don't think all of Obama's big donors are hardscrabble tofu barons either. I think yesterday I read how George Soros has been buying lots of Halliburton, after his moveon.org had yipped sufficiently to beat down the price a little bit.
In fact I've wondered if Soros, besides shorting the dollar (who doesn't) might not be tempted to go long on oil price speculation just pre-election on the assumption that a crazy price spike might help get Obama elected.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
figured i'd come over here so as not to be unfair. yup, we're screwed if this one gets in to. no more, no less. funny how those who are for one seem to know more about the issues the other one is standing for.
have either of you REALLY looked to see how SIMILAR they REALLY are?
shall i do that homework for everyone too?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Here are some videos that I hadn't seen before. The Real McCain. Some of the information on them:

- He owns 8 homes (and calls Obama an "elitist").
- There's a VERY interesting video about Veteran's benefits and their view of McCain's position against the GI bill.

Key McCain Advisors were Lobbyists for Shady Lender

John Green, the senator's chief liaison to Congress, and Wayne Berman, his national finance co-chairman, billed more than $720,000 in lobbying fees from 2005 through last year to Ameriquest Mortgage through their lobbying firm, disclosure forms reviewed by the Daily News show.

Just take a few minutes and look through these videos. (Some are a bit goofy, some are downright sobering.) I've been spending so much time defending Obama from stupid, baseless attacks, that I haven't taken any time to look into the valid accusations against McCain...

Sounds a bit like a strategy.

Hey BH -

According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Sen. Obama has received over $160,000 from the oil and gas companies. Two major bundlers for his campaign -- George Kaiser and Robert Cavnar – are oil company CEOs. Sen. Obama has accepted money from Exxon, Shell, BP, Chevron and just about every other major oil company. Just last month, Sen. Obama accepted another $8,400 from ExxonMobil, $12,370 from Chevron and $6,500 from British Petroleum.

Source: www.hillaryclinton.com...

and

www.factcheck.org...

Care to explain that one?

top topics

join