It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why they hate AMERICA

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Better Dead than Smeg
It is men like you that send us into wars that should not happen.

You ought to be thankful there are guys like me willing to fight.

"You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go."

I never said I wasn't willing to fight a 'just' war, but I want nothing to do with the farce that is Iraq.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

And not ONE of the vehicles was carrying any WMDs, right??

Where's your proof???

Well....this guy doesn't think there were....
I know your "intelligence" must be better than his....

WASHINGTON - In his final word, the CIA’s top weapons inspector in Iraq said Monday that the hunt for weapons of mass destruction has “gone as far as feasible” and has found nothing, closing an investigation into the purported programs of Saddam Hussein that were used to justify the 2003 invasion.

“After more than 18 months, the WMD investigation and debriefing of the WMD-related detainees has been exhausted,” wrote Charles Duelfer, head of the Iraq Survey Group, in an addendum to the final report he issued last fall.

“As matters now stand, the WMD investigation has gone as far as feasible.”

Catch the guys job title?
"CIA’s top weapons inspector in Iraq"?

Of course now we KNOW they were smuggled to Damascus in the trunk of a Hyundai. I see no facts in your "proof".

Edit to add: SOURCE

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

How many BILLIONS of dollars is going to AIDS research in Africa? I think W increased that amount a few years ago, too.

Well let's research......
That's how we "deny ignorance".

Some leading Christian conservatives, angry over the Global Fund to Fight AIDS's promotion of condoms and its perceived lack of support for faith-based programs, are pushing Congress to cut US support for the AIDS initiative, which was initiated by President Bush in a Rose Garden ceremony five years ago with a $200 million commitment.

The fund -- whose full name is the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria -- has become one of the pillars of the international effort to fight infectious diseases, growing into a $6.6 billion organization that supports programs in 136 countries.

It is a primary vehicle for the AIDS-fighting efforts of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The only larger HIV and AIDS program in the world is the president's $15 billion, five-year plan.

source

Well....the BILLIONS you are talking about are nothing compared to the HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS being blown on the war. Pennies in context.

And all those "BILLIONS" you are so flabbergasted about?
They are in an attempt to curb some of todays most TERRIBLE DISEASES.
Seems like a good investment to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well even so, I don't think America had the authority to simply attack Iraq because of the weapons we gave them.

And I doubt it was for oil, simply because the price of oil didn't really shoot up until the banking crisis hit.. not to mention, the oil companies only get a relative few new oil contracts..

Quite simply, all the expenditures on the War on Terror equal into the GDP and, imo, keeps it artificially high ..

In my personal opinion from what I have read and studied.. the Iraq war was simply to push off a steep recession, perhaps a depression.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

And I doubt it was for oil, simply because the price of oil didn't really shoot up until the banking crisis hit.. not to mention, the oil companies only get a relative few new oil contracts.

Check the news lately???

BAGHDAD—Iraq's oil minister on Monday announced the start of bidding by foreign companies for contracts to boost the production of eight underperforming oil and gas fields.

The contracts, to be executed in about 18 months, would open Iraq's oil fields to foreign companies for the first time since former dictator Saddam Hussein nationalized foreign concessions in the 1970s.

Oil Minister Hussain al-Shahristani said 35 companies had been selected to bid. Among them were seven from the United States and four each from China and Japan.

The bidding will proceed even though the parliament has not ratified a national oil law to regulate foreign contracts. The measure has been stalled by disagreements over how to divide oil revenues among Iraq's regions.

Looks like this war may very well turn out to be profitable.

Consider all those bombs and deaths an "investment".

Edit to add: SOURCE

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You really want to know why "they" hate America????

The United States is less than 300 years old. No population of people in any country has ever approached our economic prosperity in wealth, our power.

No nation in the history of civilization has so dominated the world for good, as has the United States of America. We have liberated over a hundred million people from bondage and slavery.

We feed the world.

We clothe the world.

We provide disaster relief in all circumstances to friend and foe alike.

We're the only nation on earth that can.

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself how in human history this came about? What makes this possible?

You people get all upset if you think a bunch of reprobates hate our country? Some people should hate us.

We pose a threat to them because of our goodness and because of our ideals. There's some people who should hate us.

A lot of people are just jealous of us because we are what we are, and they had all these years and decades and centuries and millennia and they haven't been able to pull it off.

There's a lot more but you'll never get it....

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

We have almost 300,000 gallons of VX....
Our most definitely IS weaponized.

Do we need to be "regime changed"?

.....or bombed?

source.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Jealousy breeds hatred. America is the land of the free, the home of the brave and the world's only super power. What is not to be jealous of. Keep hating us, it's what unites us. It's what makes us great.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst

Jealousy breeds hatred. America is the land of the free, the home of the brave and the world's only super power. What is not to be jealous of. Keep hating us, it's what unites us. It's what makes us great.

See, this is where the 'Jealousy' argument falls flat on its face. I am Australian. I thank god I don't live in America because:

1. Our public health system is better,

2. The rate of deaths-per-capita due to violence is drastically less,

3. Our cities consistantly rate in the worlds top 10 Best Cities to live in.

4. Our people are considered amongst the most polite and respectful people in the world,

Thats just what I can think of off the top of my head. I am not jealous of your country, you couldn't pay me to live there.

EDIT for PS: Oh and Traderonwallst were you not asked to remove a certain quote from your signature because you have demonstrated you don't know what it means?

[edit on 4/7/2008 by Better Dead than Smeg]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by styxxz

Nothing I have said in this thread so far as been "patriotic" .. and if you read any other part of ATS except rabid Liberal threads, you would know that I am both against the war and the Government as a whole, being a devout Libertarian.

Okay, sorry for labeling you with the "patriotic" tag. I didn't know it was necessary to read other parts of ATS to form an opinion here.

I only question the motives of the OP.. who has made some.. disturbing threads in the past. He simply holds resentment against America for no particular reason..

From what I've read here, OP repeatedly stated he doesn't hate all Americans but is against the American government.
imo, we should refrain from discussing other threads unless it's pertinent to this thread. In which case you should provide the relevant links.

PS: The weapons where not destroyed, as after the First Gulf War they where used against Kurds in the Northern parts of Iraq.. there has never been conclusive evidence that either they where destroyed or even stopped making them. Not nukes, thats rubbish, but I believe they had nerve agents and perhaps biological weapons.. because as I said, we gave them the weapons.. to develop their own. To use against Iran.

Well neither was there conclusive evidence that they weren't destroyed. When you weigh up what the weapon inspectors said prior to "shock and awe" and the lack of WMDs post occupation suggests they didn't have 'em.

SR

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

See, this is where the 'Jealousy' argument falls flat on its face. I am Australian. I thank god I don't live in America because:

4. Our people are considered amongst the most polite and respectful people in the world,

Thats just what I can think of off the top of my head. I am not jealous of your country, you couldn't pay me to live there.

EDIT for PS: Oh and Traderonwallst were you not asked to remove a certain quote from your signature because you have demonstrated you don't know what it means?

If we ignore for a minute the patriotic banterings of 'who's country is better' from citizens within each respective country

Your recently ex prime minister John Howard had to take to the public and tell 'we all know who' that if they didn't like living under Australian values or laws then they should go elsewhere etc. etc..

In regards to the OP's point and the topic why do you feel that he had to make that comment to a certain group of minorities if Australia is better than the USA.

After all Australia didn't start the war in Iraq so why the need and hating on your country that your prime minister rightly stood up against?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I don`t hate America..... I do HATE the N.W.O
I love American people and other people from around the world
as well..
when people(myself included)say "AMERICA this and AMERICA that"
we sure are NOT talking about the PEOPLE....NO WAY

WE LOVE THE PEOPLE>> DO YOU HEAR THAT AMERICAN PEOPLE

WE LOVE YOU

so everybody around the world..listen up...
don`t blame the people... WE ARE ALL IN THIS MESS

so when we do you the word America (it just means the powers that be)
not you beautiful people......
damn we need more love in this world.......

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

No one would pay pay you to live here. So don;t worry about that. And, please no comments about my signatures from the peanut gallery.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

??????

I am American.

I'm jealous of myself? I don't get it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The usa exports WAR.
No other country has done that as much as the usa did in the 21th century.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
We have almost 300,000 gallons of VX....
Our most definitely IS weaponized.

Do we need to be "regime changed"?

Hmmmmm....and we have used this in combat when???

Yep, that's what I thought. Never.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
Well let's research......
That's how we "deny ignorance".

Well....the BILLIONS you are talking about are nothing compared to the HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS being blown on the war. Pennies in context.

And all those "BILLIONS" you are so flabbergasted about?
They are in an attempt to curb some of todays most TERRIBLE DISEASES.
Seems like a good investment to me.

And did I say anything that lead you to believe that I thought the money invested in AIDS research was wrong?

You need to completely read the post prior to replying. That's how we "deny ignorance".

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

well you may have used VX in nam.wouldn't surprise me in the slightest

www.namebase.org...

A Special Forces Unit operating from a base located in Cambodia and known as 'B57' selected a target on the K2 Front. The target was located about ten miles inside Northeast Cambodia. It was an equipment recovery station operated by the 94th North Vietnamese Army recovery group. In late June or July of 1968 the United States Air Force dropped two fifty-pound canisters of Type VX nerve gas on this outpost. Each canister contained an explosive charge that shattered the casing at a pre-set altitude and released the lethal compound over a wide area

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

You know, I have been thinking A LOT about this lately, particularly after reading the posts of very sharp minds that some refer to as "believers" in the 9/11 threads. How easily these theories against OURSELVES serve to divide us. Makes me wonder what the agenda is of those who push HARD CORE these conspiracy theories that only serve to divide and tear us apart. All they do is incite fear and hate but very rarely is there any credible evidence as to the validity of any of these claims.

How far I have come in the few and short past months. From a follower in what most would consider wordly, to a BLIND follower of questions that have no answers, to a realist who is grateful for the MANY blessings that are abundant in this nation.

Honestly, no better place to be for a thinker and questioner than america!!
Why do they hate America? Look around you man. If I were in another country that didn't have what we have and looked at people that took for granted all the blessings we so often take for granted, even now, I'd probably hate us too. But I'm here and I understand. I was one of the very few lucky ppl on this planet

[edit on 6-9-2008 by justamomma]

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join