It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would a smith & wesson do against a gray

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I've been lurking here at ATS for a while now, and while there were threads I found distasteful, this has got to be the worst!

Why is it that anytime something is misunderstood, the first thing that comes to mind is... let's kill it? Shoot a grey? What's up with that?

What in your mind would cause you to even wonder what could kill another living being? No wonder the world is so f'd up!

It's like a shark... I wouldn't want to be attacked or eaten by one, but I sure as h_ll don't want to kill it either.

Man has NO CHANCE of ever living in peace... on earth, or beyond! We are a sad race and I'm definitely not proud to be a part of it!

This may never make post since it might be off-topic, but to quote someone here... and in some other threads I've read...
"Quality of members post have been going down hill lately"

Yeah. What are you going to do feed them treats? They'll take you and mutilate you like a cow. Maybe you'll live and the memories of your torment will slowly trickle back to you for the rest of your life. Well, that's to say if they even bring you back. You might be fortunate enough and the fear might be to overwhelming for you to live on. Sorry but them damned things need a wake up call. If you don't resist then go on and throw one a puffy marshmellow. I bet that will keep it happy. You just might have time to run.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Why would you want to shoot a gray, are you mental?? Do you know what these beings are capable of?? Do you think they never thought of that, or could not concieve a pop gun pee shooter weapon like this from the middle ages? What do you think this is, Duke Nukem??What is this Tom and Jerry?Itchy and scratchy?Turn off the TV.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by dntwastetime]

Because humans are predators and highly competitive - to the point where we will compete to the death simply on matters of principle. It's in our instinct to kill, and I certainly am looking forward to the challenge presented by a manipulative little critter that gets its kicks from skewering us or stealing our DNA.

I really don't care how "superior" their technology is. Stop worshiping them, it does no one any good. And I really think you underestimate your own species to a fatal degree. All humans do. It's a rather peculiar trait of a species to be so outwardly arrogant and sure of their dominance yet assume some unknown being is ridiculously far ahead of them as to be immune.

Sure - I hope any aliens we meet are not hostile and will just give us the space we need. But I for damned sure will not hesitate to sling some lead their direction if they are causing problems. And being a person who is very curious into "nonstandard" weapons and working to design and test some in my own garage (though that's rather slow due to funding issues..... and safety....) - I think I could whip something up that would work if "standard" weapons didn't.

However, if I throw a boulder at you, and it smashes your head - you're dead. All of the technology we have today can't prevent something so basic. The same goes for a sharpened stick. Sure - certain types of armor reduce the effectiveness of such weapons, but technology cannot eliminate risk, only reduce it. And so far, no evidence has been shown that these beings have anything capable of stopping our existing weapons. Hell, the Russians shot one down back in the 50s or 60s, if I remember correctly.

Though, yes, I do think they have considered our weapons..... and likely that's why they are not saying "here we are!" - because they know that there are too many trigger-happy monkeys down here who will start vaporizing them.

Again, you don't invite me to throw stones at you just because you are wearing body armor - because you know that if I hit you in the right spot, or find one big enough, it will cause damage. The same with these critters, I would expect - they have survived because they didn't blunder in to a foreign country, stagger into the bar, and start chatting with a bunch of guys playing poker, uninvited. People like that don't survive too long .... races like that wouldn't survive too long.

i am happy to see there are people who are in the same mindset as i am.

I am tired of seeing people thinking that we humans are so far behind with technology that we could not put up a fight.
Hell we would put up one hell of a fight and if we loose we would probably take the planet with us.

Humans have been fighting since the dawn of our species, the ice man was found with arrow heads inside his body. We are humans who are often short tempered hate the unknown and kill anything that we feel is foreign

If we can kill each other so soundly imagine what we as a species would do to a enemy species.

Also in a war situation remember we advance faster because more presume more people working together on a single objective, there are chances we would be able to reverse engineer there technology and start developing our own crafts and weapons.

To the people that say the op is playing to many video games or dreaming please look outside your windows watch the news watch how often and fast people in the street get angry at the smallest situations, traffic jams, bumping into each other , given wrong change.

Now imagine if some grey little man comes here trying to kill your family?
we would rip there heads from there necks and put them on sticks and use them for war standards.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I see people are taking this a bit seriously.

Very well then, i will provide my understanding of alien combative methods and the means with which to defend oneself (and one's community).

It is known that Greys do possess psychic abilities, although a great many people seem to be under the impression that they only have the power of mind control at their disposal.

I would not be surprised if they possessed some limited form of telekinesis, and one must be prepared in the instance of which this turns out to be true.

However - focusing on mind-control;

One would assume that the critters have range, and that they can only control individuals within a certain distance.

In which case, a sniper would suit the job perfectly.

But sniping is not a way to win a war - you can't take out an alien vehicle with a mere bullet, for example.

Our one advantage lies in our ability to attack the enemy from outside of his range, this is a truth that has been true with humans since the advent of the bow.

Since we discovered the Bow, we have more or less been getting better and better at killing our enemies from afar.

Of course, a extra-terrestrial race which has been observing us for some time now will probably be aware of this, and will have safeguards in place to deal with it, such as a portable psi-amplifier or something else which would provide them with far greater range.

I mean, let's face it - we have no means of combating their psionic capabilities via our technological ability.

This would lead one to understand that to win a war of psychics, one must have an army of psychics of his own, with each one just as capable of firing a heavy machine gun as they are defending themselves from psionic attack.

Surely, you understand, that cultivating this type of force is near impossible, but it is the only way we can face an enemy with great numbers and psionic capabilities.

The only other thing that works in our favour is guerilla warfare.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Many of the greys are cybernetic like robots but not all.

Greys are physical beings and can be killed like we can!

Listen to Phil Schnieders story who killed 2 of them.

www.youtube.com...

6min video clip.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

That's like saying weapons from the middle ages were not effective. Try shooting yourself in the foot with a muzzle loader, and tell me if it isn't 'effective'.
That's specifically what the question is asking - not if you take on the greys with a pea shooter.

[edit on 29/6/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
screw the grays im going after the nordics

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I hate to break this to you but the grays are us genetically modified as food for the draco's and there masters. So to shoot them would be to shoot yourself. We need to create a giant stereo out of the sun moon and earth and blast um with music till they die from overexposure to love. check out project 432 on myspace.com golden spiral anyone?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
no seriously, the grays are telepathic and so they know who thinks what so im sure those who want to hurt them will be the first they eat, thats why im going after the nordics because theyre dumb

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
It will kill the Grey if the bullet actually hits it. However, their powerful psychic abilities allow them to brainwash you into not firing at them. If you do get a shot off, they can divert the bullets away from their bodies, using an electromagnetic shield that is generated in their skin. It is virtually impossible to hit them with a single shot projectile. Grenades do better.

Don't ask me how I know this.

==================================================
ok, I won't ask. Your post is a joke............
"Their powerful psychic abilities". Prove that?

"Using an electromagnetic shield that is generated in their skin". OMG..
Where are the X-men when we need them.

Double "00" buckshot is the cure, the closer the better.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
What do you think this is, Duke Nukem??
[edit on 28-6-2008 by dntwastetime]

ROFLMAO... hahaha no joke eh, as if a conventional gun is gonna do anything against a squad of aliens from outer space... they travelled here in a space ship, duh... im sure if they suit up for battle they'll be packin some serious heat, they don't mess around... JEEZE

OVER N OUT

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't take any major stock in the Greys telepathic abilities what so ever. It's just an aspect of life that we don't practice and any wrrior should practice.

We are kind of too technologiccally involved as far as warfare goes... too deep into things with thech, the basic psychic battle fought between any two opponents is hardly trained for anymore because hand to hand is that unimportant in modern war.

I'd guarantee a Grey couldn't shut my mind down, i'm 100% certain of it, not going to go into details of why, I work on my conciousness that's all, I wont go down, i'm sure.

I can pass a lie detector test, I can control my thoughts when I need to. I can drop them...

In fact I'd be willing to wager this (low tech) aspect is too heavilly relied upon by them, they are all about speed and silence and, manipulation, all about steallth, I think they relly way too hard on being able to just "shut us down" and that we all have the ability to resist this... if we use it.

I think this would be a suprisingly low tech fight and onced engaged we are the more prepared to handle the fight as a species goes, I'd bet panic sets in as soon as they realize that they can't put us to sleep, that it comes down to drawing weapons and i'm not sure it matters how fast the projectile/l;azer/stun gun they hold flys compared to basic animal central nervous system reaction time... I think we are faster, stronger, more capable of a real fight.

and particularly, I don't think wmd's are an option, apparently they live here, destroy us destroy themselves scenario for them... I think we can get the drop on them, I really do... we can go into caves, they can't really function on the surface...

And...

we are not taking this too seriously, just not seriously enough, I believe in peace on Earth for al Men, they aren't men...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
From all accounts, Lead seems to wreak havoc when traveling at a high velocity into soft tissue matter.
If you take a mellon and shoot it, it gets pulverized. Do that to a couple of Grays and they could very well get spooked enough not to mess with us. It does not matter how intelligent you is or isn't once one guy shoots nother you don't get a chance to compare diplomas!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
A Smith & Wesson Model 626, stainless steel .44 Mag would work, but only have six shots and you need to practice to control rebound. My Glock .40 cal with ported compensation is light, accurate, and 15 shot clip is better, faster firing on target. For real firepower, the American Eagle in .44 mag is best. Gun is very heavy but you can wack the alien with the gun if you run out of ammo. Sneak up on them from behind when they are out of their spacecraft is the only way.

I came within 10 ft of an alien in a private underground man-made cave used to store perishibles in the mid-west just as it was going to enter through a hidden entrace (I presume) in the cave wall. I was a passenger in the car doing about 8 mph and the cave wall jogged back 8 ft at one point so it could not be seen until you were right upon the entrance site. The wall had a yellow lighted wall marker above the point and a bright ceiling spot light aiming straight down. It was right under the spot light as I passed and it was wearing a bluish (dark periwinkle)-orange peel textured suit (or skin) but seemed to have a cricket-shaped head of the same color. I only saw it from the rear-left viewing angle I had. Height was just under 6 ft, long arms. I yelled to the driver to stop but she didn't, but did go around to take another look within 30 seconds, but there was no one there, or anywhere in this cave. We took off because I was scared. I did not see anything stored here but the tunnel went deep into the bluff. I think that this might be phony business since they do not have much of a business presense (no BBB, no ads, just a simple website). I had hoped to go back with a armed force to check out this entrance but since I now live 1500 miles away, it's a little hard. I would also like to get a crew to Dulce, NW to investigate that area. Any volunteers?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chuckk

Where is this cave? Mid-west is a large area.

Roper

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This thread pretty well shows why we humans need to go through a bunch more evolutionary advances before we are fit to join any galactic society.

But, what a demonstration in re-enacting our own technical history ....imagine a crew of medieval peasants sitting around bragging about their big and bad pitchforks with the new metal, not wooden, tines...wow!...this innovation will be the last in a 1000 years....uh, no thought of mechanized labor. S&W 357? almost obsolete right now with field-effect weapons proven and ready for production....and what will be around 25 years from now...how about 250 years? 10,000 yrs, about like our EBE guests? Forget it. We are still alive by grace of good fortune. We dont have snip snap to stop them...maybe they find us entertaining. Or tasty,...but maybe not tasty enough to mass market...get it!!??

[edit on 29-6-2008 by havanaja]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I've heard stories of people being attacked by aliens over the course of an entire night and having to fend them off with rifles/shotguns. For the most part, the story goes that when you shoot an alien they tend to either disappear or strangely float upwards into the sky and disappear. Although police did find some kind of green slime at the scene which they believe was the alien's blood I think.

I think it is fairly safe to say that a large enough explosion is capable of destroying any physical thing. Humans, aliens, or machines, even our most hardened tanks and bunkers are susceptible to being blown up... I'm sure enough force against an alien would be successful.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by merky
Your post is a joke............

Correct.
But, how did you know, having been mingled in with the rest of the joke posts?

[edit on 29-6-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As previously mentioned....

Originally posted by Roper
reply to post by Ksavoy30

This has been discussed here. I hope this helps.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Roper

... there is an existing thread on this topic.

» Aliens & UFOs » can you kill aliens with regular guns?

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join