It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Electric / NBC Supports Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
General Electric / NBC supports Iran and should be boycotted.

I just learned tonight while watching the O’Riley Factor, that General Electric is a major supporter of Iran. GE makes everything from jet aircraft engines to house hold appliances and more significantly, BOMBS. However, boycotting everything that has the name GE on it will do little harm. They probably have enough support financially from other countries that a boycott in the U.S. would do very little. As I have discovered, foreign countries basically pay GE to put their name on their products, and that the actual product we see in stores are not a major money maker for them. BUT they do own NBC. So every time you watch NBC, just imagine putting bombs into the hands of Iran. Boycotting NBC would probably do the most considerable damage.

Fox News, O’Riley Factor, Wednesday, June 25:
• General Electric continues to do millions in business with Iran. Now we've learned that CEO Jeffrey Immelt refuses to clean up GE's pollution in the Hudson River! 'The Factor' investigates this environmental scandal!

ALSO, I found this on another forum…

(((General Electric corporate family member NBC has rewritten its criteria for including candidates in debates specifically to exclude a real peace candidate, Dennis Kucinich. GE is a major weapons manufacturer.
Less than 44 hours after NBC sent a congratulatory note and an invitation to Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich to participate in the Jan. 15 Democratic Presidential debate in Las Vegas, the network notified the campaign that it was changing it announced criteria, rescinding its invitation, and excluding Kucinich from the debate.)))

TO: AMERICA
WE DO NOT NEED YOU.
If we want your politicians we will buy them.
IF WE WANT AN AMERICAN PRESIDENT WE WILL BUY ONE.
We already own Obama and Clinton and Edwards WHY DO WE NEED THE AMERICAN PUBLIC.
DENNIS KUCINICH IS MUCH TOO DANGEROUS TO OUR CAUSE TO HAVE HIM ELECTED PRESIDENT!
Now just go away and keep sending us your tax dollars to finance our cars and big homes. PLEASE UNDERSTAND, WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!
By the way, we may need to instruct Clinton, Obama or Edwards to send your sons and daughters off to die because we need to keep selling our bombs. Business is kind of slow.
P.S.
DENNIS KUCINICH SCARES THE HELL OUT OF US!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo
General Electric / NBC supports Iran and should be boycotted.

I just learned tonight while watching the O’Riley Factor,

Well that really speaks for itself.
But you know what in the interest of full disclosure, I will add the full story so that we may perhaps get another source than Mr. O'Riley.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Hey, go ahead and boycott Fox while you're at it for all I care... who cares who reports it if it's true. I have researched it I am finding a plethora of information on GE. I would hope that this thread will encourage others to do their home work too.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm not boycotting anything I would however suggest that many companies, including halliburton do business with Iran. In fact, if you bother to look up the list of American companies doing business with Iran directly or through their subsidiaries, you will be boycotting many many things.
However, if it makes you feel better, no more law&order for me.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Here is a little news source that I found on companies operating in Iran, it says that Halliburton even has an office in Tehran, even though we have sanctions against them (I'm not sure if these sanctions are still in effect.)

Anywhere here is the little news blurb for those of you interested.

US Companies do Business with Iran

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The global corporations are happy to do business with whoever is the titular head of a nation state. It doesn't matter at all to them who that might be just so long as that nation does not keep them from functioning within it.

Seriously, if one of the great nations doesn't do something to break up the global corporations, national sovereignty will be completely lost for every nation.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

Beware of using Bill O'Reiley for a source on GE. His opinion is very skewed. This began with a feud with NBC' Keith Oberman. O'Reiley will not let it go and has greater viewership to spread his story. Read GE's response to doing business in Iran. It is very little. No new business with Iran is being sought or contracted. They are only fulfilling previous contractual obligations. Although I do not support anything Iran does, I know I would want a contract fulfilled that I had agreed to and had paid for. In any case I suggest you not use Bill O'Reiley as a single or major source. In this instance he is not fair and balanced and he is spinning the story the way he wants.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I’ll admit that using O’Reiley as a source was a mistake… watching the show during my lunch break just got me interested into looking deeper. He clearly has other objectives.

As far as GE’s response goes, I don’t exactly believe it. Of course they’re not going to come right out and tell us the truth. Have you seen their bogus Ecomagination ads? They claim to care about the environment and yet NOTHING is being done to clean up THEIR mess in the Hudson River. NOTHING. I don’t trust anything they have to say.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Doesn't all of this information come from a new book by Dick Morris?

Dick Morris - Fleeced

I don't believe O'Reilly is a great bastion of original research.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I just looked at the book, "Fleeced" on Amazon, but I don't know anymore about it than what is there. Never read it.

As far as doing personal research, here is just one example.

www.clearwater.org...

"EPA Says Clean-up the Hudson River!

After more than 25 years of fighting to rid the Hudson of PCBs, Clearwater learned on July 31 that EPA Administrator Christie Whitman decided to move forward with a comprehensive PCB clean-up, as proposed by the EPA last December...…

Clearwater is cautiously awaiting the final Record of Decision, due sometime in September. While the recent announcement is great news, we must remain vigilant to ensure that political deals and legal maneuvering do not derail this long overdue clean-up. General Electric continues to spend millions on lobbying and advertising in Washington, DC and will continue to fight any clean-up plan."

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hmm, I'm a little confused about all of this maybe since your the topic starter you're more educated than I. Why does General Electric not want to clean out the Hudson river? The cost of doing it?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcloud313
Hmm, I'm a little confused about all of this maybe since your the topic starter you're more educated than I. Why does General Electric not want to clean out the Hudson river? The cost of doing it?

GE is the one responsible for polluting it...

[edit on 27-6-2008 by apaulo]

[edit on 27-6-2008 by apaulo]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

General Electric continues to spend millions on lobbying and advertising in Washington, DC and will continue to fight any clean-up plan

Except that it isn't true.

www.hudsondredging.com...

EPA selected dredging as its preferred remedy for PCBs in sediments in the Upper Hudson River in 2002, after a 12-year reassessment of its 1984 decision not to dredge.

GE is now performing the project, with the approval and oversight of EPA. Implementation of the project is described in a comprehensive agreement signed by GE and EPA, which was approved by U.S. District Court Judge David Hurd last year. Under two prior agreements with EPA, GE designed the first phase of the dredging project, developed a community health and safety plan, collected 50,000 river sediment samples, mapped river habitat, and evaluated cultural resources.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

wow, what a great website! Strange how I couldn't find it before June 25. Kinda makes ya wonder...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

Makes me wonder what?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The only thing I'm wondering right now is why I didn't do just a little more searching for the Hudson River Clean up project website that G.E. put together... but really, thanks for helpful link. It's good to know that G.E. is making progress.

new topics

top topics

join