It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

The word is also probably "the worst" word that can be used in most of the UK. I, like yourself, do not use it in polite company because i do not wish to offend people who find it offensive. I just struggle to grasp why they are so offended by it?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think it's kind of the same mentality as a person who watches a new controversial show (even after the warnings) just to complain.

some of the posts i've read make it out like the kid was running up to scores of parents and schoolkids shouting what was on his shirt and flashing the image in their faces.

if that were the case then you'd have a point, as he wasn't doing that, then it's P.C. gone wrong.

Like i said previously, there are many people out in broad daylight(where there are kids) saying and doing much more disturbing and anti-social things.

This is not a nice image or message or T-shirt, but there are worse.
Worse movies your kids have seen....worse lyrics in songs they've heard and much worse images on the news and other tv broadcasts.

this is life i'm afraid, there will be things you don't like, don't agree with and even despise....but at least tolerate them, or ignore them or understand them....don't hate or attack something because it doesn't fit into your idea of normal or decent.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The kid is a consumer. He is not resposible for what the T shirt said is he?? If it was produced by someone else they should be held accountable for creating it.

If he made the T shirt, well then. so much for freedom of speech eh?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think it was merely thee idea of "religious intollerance." In the World, all religions and faiths must be treated equally. You'd have heard it loud and clear if that was Muhammad with Fatima...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Mickey mouse is a rat!!!! I have proof!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well, I agree on the fact that to arrest the teenager was rather extremist.
But there is always some stupid people who will wear t-shirt with pictures of guns in a airport. Or Where others which are going to wear T-shirt of diabolic inside a church. it's a simply question of logic. Only logic. in the case of the adolecent, if he was held quiet in the street, it is stupid on behalf of policemens

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthornothing

If you are feeling offended by anything someone else does, that feeling is yours to deal with. Get over trying to get everyone to do what you want them to do so you dont have to FEEL offended. When will we ever deal with our own offences?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by W3RLIED2

the incident ACTUALLY happened in Australia - so your little rant was invalid

All right so substitute "Our right as americans" with "OUR RIGHT AS HUMAN BEINGS"

Who cares where it happened its not right, and to answer any further questions, no i didnt read the whole article... dont need to. It's not just Americans that are free its all the people of earth.... I'd be one pissed off Austrailian if i was a native but i'm not... i will remain a pissed American on behalf of Austrailia

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I can see it now.. "Allah is a " t-shirts. You'd be lucky if you only were arrested for such a thing. Its sad to see people get so offended by such little things. They dont have to agree with what the shirt says, or the wearers views.

I own quite a few cradle of filth shirts and its just a way of supporting a band. I do not sacrifice goats to the dark arts, actually quite the opposite, but I do enjoy my "Dead Girls Don't Say No." t-shirt.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527, but I do enjoy my "Dead Girls Don't Say No." t-shirt.

LMAO, "Dead girls don't say no."
LOL. But the reason you "enjoy" that shirt--and the reason I just cracked up--is because (we) know most who see it are like WTF?! when they see it.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What makes me laugh the most is that T-shirt of course, is designed to create controversy..and guess what. Those of you complaining about it and getting on your high horses are merely adding to the effect it is having. Perhaps if people ignored it instead of kicking up such a fuss, the manufacturers would stop making them?

Just a thought

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Exactly.

I have shirts with nuns dripping blood from stigmata wounds onto the bare breast of a lady, and the whole reason I enjoy such shirts is that some people get so offended by it. I do not wear it in church, nor to places that common sense would make you take into consideration.

If I want to wear a shirt that says "Sodomizing the virgin vamps", then I should be allowed and not have to deal with police arresting me for a freedom I thought everyone in the country has.

People need to learn to accept that not everyone is exactly the same, and to complain about a t-shirt only encourages the wearer more.

I actually almost bought the t-shirt in question in the OP, but it really offended my mother so I decided against it. If you want to look it up, its called "Vestal Masturbation" for Cradle of Filth. It does get quite the attention I must say.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
reply to post by jpm1602

Personally though, I find it more offensive to see priests, nuns, bishops, cardinals, popes, etc wearing the clothes that they do.

How am I expected to explain to my children that those people believe in something called 'god'?

However, I acknowledge their right to wear such rubbish, even though I think it's silly.

Whoa. It's offensive to explain to your children why religious personnel dress the way they do? That goes a bit far, IMO. If you can't talk to your children about people having certain beliefs, what will you be able to talk to them about!? Based on this post alone, I'd say you're very close-minded by eliminating even so much as your own children's education on the subject.

As for the topic at hand.. yes, it's offensive to some people, but you can't go through life sheltered from what other people do. It's just as if nobody ever challenges you or your opinions; how will you even form an opinion?

Arrest him? Well, I'm not privy to Australia's laws, but in my opinion it's ludicrous. However, there is a line between "can" and "should". You are conscious of your decisions and you should be aware that if you wear something triggering that you might get negative attention. But to arrest him sounds more personal on the cops behalf than the publics. And to try to track down the vendor? Can they really obstruct businesses like that?

(edit for typo & to add a bit)

[edit on 7-7-2008 by acissej]

[edit on 7-7-2008 by acissej]

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join