It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much does it cost to run ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You guys don't even want to know what they pay me. :shk:

I'd have sooooo many enemies here......

see ya at the bank....

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

You get paid?!?!?

All I seem to have our strange repetitive dreams that have the ATS logo and a strange smiling person who is only happy when looking at the ATS logo....

I also wake up an unusual amount of days out of the month repeating, "ATS is great for me, ATS is where I want to be," to a sickingly catchy jingle....

I was working on a "dream subliminal for happy (and free) moderators conspiracy...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Yeah and I'm only

14 One Line Post warnings

12 Profanity warnings

and 2 Posting bans

Away from the quarterly bonus....

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Make that 13 one line post warnings...

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Springer

Even as a stand alone site it's realistic, current market value is in the $10,000,000 - $20,000,000.00 range to the right buyers.

Yea, you wrote it...

READ the WHOLE sentence, WHERE do you see me saying ANYTHING about selling for that paltry amount?

You made the comment, "hmmm, they would seriously sell for 10 - 20million USD? Interesting..."

There is NO WAY we would sell ATS for that amount UNLESS we kept control with a non dilutive 51% majority in the board room... PERIOD.

@HiKix... What do you think?

Springer...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Those are when people get banned?

Mod Edit - YaY, another one...
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by elevatedone]

One line post is acceptable if it adds to the discussion! I was asking a question about a comment that was made.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

No, I know you didn't outright say it, I was asking, then put interesting pre-emptive, like if they would sell for that amount it would be interesting.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If you hens are done clucking, there are people pretending to be Jebus out there, and they're using one line posts.

And shouldn't someone be working on the U2Us? How will I know if I'm being reprimanded?

[edit on 23-6-2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Ummm okay then, so sort of like me saying, "wow if the sun would hang around my garden even in the rain it would grow better."

I gotcha now bro.

Anyway...

The reality is that AboveTopSecret.com IS the premium brand for THE PLACE WHERE THE REAL PEOPLE CAN POST WHAT THE REAL PEOPLE THINK period.

That is WORTH LOTS to todays advertisers who are trying to figure out HOW to connect with their market now that everyone is so much SMARTER because of the internet.

Seriously.

The days of B.S. hype are all but gone, THANKFULLY. Advertisers KNOW they must connect in a meaningful way and offer TRUE VALUE for the buck or they are gonzo.

This is a great thing and we are pleased to be a part of it to the minor extent we are. I have always said "follow the money" in any conspiracy theory, the same holds true in "business/marketing". The day "the money" in business and marketing realizes you simply can't B.S. the average person and expect them to believe you is the one of the first signs, IMHO, humanity might SURVIVE.

It's ALL ABOUT research. "Doing well" always has been...

The person who has to keep to a budget and buys anything worth more than a few hundred dollars without researching alternatives and verifying the pricing is an absolute DUNCE and deserves whatever financial grief their live serves them.

The internet has provided an instant, robust and very effective tool against shysters and con men and I LOVE that part of this business the BEST!

Springer...

[edit on 6-23-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Thanks, I appreciate this a lot... You can't go to MySpace or Youtube and say hey, why do you guys like this site, where do you see yourselves going. This is what I like about ATS!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What everyone seems to be dancing around is how much money ATS generates a year after expenses... which i presume would be split up between you, Bill, and Simon.

Basically, Springer.... are you driving a honda or a mercedes?!?!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Delorians baby !!!

Or those new BMW's with the Alien Tech, you figure it out.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by hikix

Delorians baby !!!

Or those new BMW's with the Alien Tech, you figure it out.

hahah you remembered my thread! How thoughtful!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Y'all mods and amigos really need to come down here to happy island, acquire a chunk of bluffland with a view, kick back, skin some coconuts and clean some fish. This is prime YOYO territory. I'll teach you how to make a lovely vintage neeseberry wine. Only thing is, you can only get 2GB 'net service. That extra 211 nanoseconds is gonna drive you CRAZY.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Not for sale for all the US dollars in the world, apparently... Then how about fighter jets, oil & gas, and rubels? How much?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Lol. I never thought about that one, no we have to make offers in different commodities for them to even take us seriously.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I've got drachmas, masonic dollars, and a few NWO get out of jail free passes.
Oh, and I also have an unopened dvd pack of UFo hunters.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

What you should have asked, is how much does the server equipment cost to purchase, as well as cost of all relevant networking equipment, combined with cost of ISP/bandwidth costs. Is it on wireless or cable internet, all those kinds of questions are relevant when it comes to running a website like this? All of that as well as the original answer Springer answered goes into the cost.

If I missed something, please add to it please. Just helping things along.

Of course, knowing a thing or two about server's etc, Springer and the other Two Amigos probably just rent the equipment through some organization like GoDaddy.

Just guessing here, of course.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Boy, Springer sure is a nice guy to have answered the question,

I would have replied.....

*crickets Chirping*.....

Stating costs is good for business...

Stating profits is NOYGDB

Lessee now 12.95 per coffee mug times 600,000 members...

errr hehehehe

Have you bought yours yet?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I don't know about Springer, but I am........many times over.
Peace

Umm listen... I am working on this project see... and can we do lunch

Good return... I promise

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join