It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Helicopter Denver Training

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Those black helicopters that some insist only exist inside the warped minds of tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy kooks are making themselves pretty visible over Denver and Florida today.

Martial law training?

The economy isnt looking to good lately, and this might be why they have this training exercise on the go .

and what is up with the glow stick they drop on ppl?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
First of all, all the links to your videos are bad. But if you go to Youtube and search for Denver, Black, Helicopter I think the videos you tried to link to above come up.

Second, if you don't know, the Democratic National Convention is in August, and there is quite a bit of preparation going on right now, especially for security.

Coincidence? I know that's a dirty word in the "tin-foil hat" arena, but I think it's a possibility.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It is probably Rangers from the US Special Operations command training in a realistic environment.

They do that.

The glowstick was probably just an accident. As a former military man, I can tell you that accidents do happen. Especially when you have lots of gear to carry with you.

This kind of training is called MOUT (Military Operations Urban Terrain). Contrary to what some people think, this kind of warfare has been studied by the military for a very long time, and particularly after the battle of Hue City in Vietnam, where American soldiers had to fight from house-to-house. Prior to that, a large percentage of battles took place in fields, mountains, and other non-urban environments. In cities, principles like camouflage and concealment, protection from fire, etc., all take a different approach for one main reason: CIVILIANS.

Since professional military people study these types of things in minute detail, it was decided that the future of warfare in the world could very well consist of facing stubborn "guerrilla" fighters, from house to house in urban environments, where things like TANKS and BOMBS could not be used, due to the civilian presence. This is more or less what led to the USA working to develop the capability to conduct MOUT. Obviously the long chain of events that led to such concepts could fill a library, but that's the "jist" of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
none of those links work.

i wanted to compare the choppers in the vids to the 2 choppers i saw this evening flying VERY low (100ft, maybe) above north scottsdale

what 2 unmarked desert brown choppers were doing buzzing an area such as north scottsdale i will never know

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The helicopters belong to SOCCOM. They've been training at the old Childern's Hospital and around the old Gates rubber factory. Both places are being demolished, and make great training platforms.

Here's an article from the Denver Post:

Helicopters buzz downtown Denver, part of anti-terrorism training
The Denver Post

Black choppers in the night skies over downtown Denver have more to do with terrorism than the Democratic National Convention, the mayor's office said tonight.

The Department of Defense is training each night this week through Friday. Monday and Tuesday night city residents were alarmed by the unexplained low-hovering war planes.

Mayor John Hickenlooper's office issued a statement that federal agencies were supposed to make the public aware of the training "to prevent surprise and inconvenience."

"There seems to have been a misunderstanding about the reach and scope of these notifications, and they did not occur in the manner expected by the city," according to the statement.

A half dozen choppers have been noticable over the Pepsi Center, the site of the August convention, and Monday night Denver police said the aircraft were training for convention security.

The mayor's office said Denver was fortunate to be the site of the federal training.

"Should there ever be an emergency here that would require federal assistance, they will be familiar with our city and how best to navigate it," according to the mayor's office.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I live right by the Children's hospital and those goddam helicopters make a huge racket. No cool helicopters either, just some hueys and kiowas and blackhawks. And them being black isn't anything special.

I did have an alternate theory that they are spraying sedatives in the air so that we go to work and are good consumers and dont destroy ourselves in an orgy of hedionistic violence.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by 420prajna]

top topics

join