It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well I've had alot of strange experiences, but I've forgotten some of them.

Um.. Sometimes when I have dreams they actually end up happening.
I sometimes know what people are going to say before they say it.

Okay I remember one. About a year ago, when I was still living with my parents, I was asleep and I heard my door open. I woke up and saw that no one was there, so I got up and closed the door and then went back to sleep. Around 3am it opened again and my dog came in a little after the door had opened. I don't know how my door kept opening, but it freaked me out. The next morning, I asked my mom and dad if they had opened my door last night and they both said no, but my dad said he did hear my door open but he thought it was just me opening it.

Oo here's another one, not that this is really "spooky", just kind of ironic. I was talking to my friend "gladdis", about demons, and how I wanted to make a deal with one. A little while later I went to my room and started reading Frankenstein and my dog was downstairs barking. This went on for about 10 minutes until I got up and went downstairs to see what she was barking at. She was by the front door and garage door barking. She was freaked out. I looked out the window to see if someone may had been out there but no one was, besides it was around midnight, no one in my neighborhood would be awake at that time. As I headed back upstairs I looked in the dining room out of the corner of my eye and I thought I saw the silhouette of someone (not human), but I wasn't going back down to check it out. I went in my room and locked the door. As soon as I started reading my dog started barking again for about another 10 minutes, then stopped.

When I was around 4, I was living with my great grandma, and it was around 9 or 10 at night and I looked in the hallway and I could have sworn I saw a ghost of an old man.

Sometimes at night I'm walking up the stairs (in the dark), and i can feel the pressense of someone walking behind me, it causes my heart rate to speed up and something in my brain clicks and tells me to get to my room FAST. I'm not scared of the dark so that's not the reason. But, it happpens quite frequently.

That's about it for me.
Hope you were entertained by this

~Lillith~

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I had a dream when I was about 17 years old, in which I died. Shot through the head.

It was quite vivid - I still remember it footstep for footstep. Where I was when I heard the noise like a gunshot outside (lying on the floor of the room next to my bedroom). Telling family members to kill the lights and get away from the windows. Going down the stairs to lock the back door. Telling my father to keep down. Seeing the shooter through the window, and the slow-motion of the bullet fracturing the glass before everything went black.

I wrote it all down, at the time. Certainly was not getting back to sleep. I wrote down all the detail, because it was so vivid: everything was different, but it was still the same house. What colour the walls and carpets were, what people were wearing, odd pictures on the walls, everything I could remember. Told my parents about it the next day, and a couple of other people I knew. Everyone thought it was freaky.

Fast forward about 10 or 12 years.

I was staying back at my parents house for a night. Stretched out on the floor, practicing astral projection. Not in my room - that's a sewing room or something since I left. Staying in the guest room next door, used to be someone's bedroom before all of us fled the nest. Suddenly a bang, like a shotgun blast. On my feet, out the door, strangely telling people to get away from the windows and moving through molasses. It hit me, and I said it out loud: "I dreamed this." The back door is unlocked. Down the stairs (there's dad - keep down) to the back door... and nothing.

I dug through a bunch of my old stuff that night (again, sleep was out of the question), and found the journal I used to write dreams in. Everything - what people in my family were wearing, how rooms were arranged, what I looked like to me (substantially different).. it was all there, to the letter. Minus the bullet - and the bit where I said that I'd dreamed it.

That is the strangest thing that has ever happened to me.

I can't explain it, and to be honest I would not likely believe it if someone told me. But there it is. I get an odd feeling writing about it though.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here's one of my strange experiences. When I was dating my now ex husband (about 16 years ago) we were laying in his bed and he had a sliding glass door and balcony in his room. The door was halfway open and it was a beautiful calm night. We were just talking, like new boyfriend/girlfriends do and all of the sudden I felt this horrible fear come over me. I sat up straight in his bed and told him there was something out there. He got up to check for burgerlers, nothing. He got back in bed and tried to calm me down. I kept saying there is evil out there. Just then the wind kicked up and the curtains blew. I said IT'S INSIDE NOW! WE HAVE TO LEAVE. He didn't ask questions we just ran down the stairs and outside to his car. Just like in the movies, after we pulled out of the driveway the car stalled. I looked at the house and said "it's going to burn down".

Two months later the remodeled portion of the house was struck by lightening and burned that whole section. What I felt in that house was no ghost, to me it was pure evil. To this day I hate that house!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
When I was around 11 or 12 I was at my cousin's house on Cape Cod. For those of you who don't know, Cape Cod is a nice summer retreat in Massachusetts (see a map). Anyway, my aunt and uncle and my parents were out at Martha's Vineyard while my 2 cousins (same age as me) and me were watching the younger kids. Now this was winter time, so aside from locals, there was hardly anyone around. Their dog had just had puppies and we were asked to just go out and make sure they had water and food. We went outside to check them around 10ish and as we were checking them we heard a voice says "If they don't ask, don't tell." I asked my two cousins if they heard it and they said they did. The voice repeated the same sentence again only this time we could see a white face sans body floating about 4 feet above the fence in the back yard (10 feet up). We all freaked and headed back towards the house, but we all saw the face again this time on a tree in the middle of their yard. It kinda looked like whoever it was was hanging off the tree with their head sticking out. Well, this really freaked us out and we ran inside, locked the doors and headed for the basement with the others. We had to go lock the basement door that led outside, so the three of us went to do so, but we saw the face again, this time in the basement window. Same face, kinda looked like a mime. After this happened we were totally freaked out and had to call our parents. The strangest thing about the whole experience was that the houses across, next to on both sides, and behind were all vacant. There was only 1 more house on the street with people in it and they were at the other end of the street. This is a true story, although poorly written. It still freaks us out today.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I've seen UFO's, strange lights in the sky and then lost time (kinda freaks me out when I think about it sometimes because of the lost time involved). And had an out of body experience. But that kinda stuff happens to everyone in my family. Strange stuff indeed.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
We're really starting to get some great stuff on this thread, now. Thanks everyone for sharing these stories. And please keep it up. I'm really enjoying the wide spectrum of mystery we're seeing here. Great work folks!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
One strange thing I know about happened while I was in a car with my family when I was just a child maybe 9 or 10 in the early 1960's. My family would often go to a secluded area in Owen County Kentucky called Eagle Creek where my father would fish and we would play in the water. On this trip my father was driving my mother and oldest brother were in the front seat. My mother and oldest brother both saw a huge flying bird over the tree tops. They said it was the size of an airplane with see thru wings 'like that of a dragonfly' but shaped like a bird wing. This was a very remote location and is very unlikely to have been a kite or hang glider.
My mother did not drink or take any medication and my brother was only about 15. Pterodactyl?
My mother told me she was at home alone one day doing dishes. She picked up a bunch of silverware from the table and on the way to the sink dropped one of them. She looked everywhere for the one she dropped and could not find it anywhere. Later she found that her good paring knife was missing. She search the kitchen over and over and could not find it. About two weeks later she was again doing dishes at the sink and heard something hit the floor behind her. She turned to find the lost paring knife laying in the center of the floor.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Wow...that would cause major paranoia! I am not christian, but my mother was catholic and they always called out the local priest to bless the house when ghost issues came up (she is swiss born and grew up in very old farm houses).

I would be finding a priest asap! Years ago I once had a large, invisible entity brush against me at the top of an outside staircase at a cabin we had in the woods (and yes, the hair on the back of your neck does standup), i freaked and immediately forgot (i.e. blocked out the memory of the experience instantly) that it happened until my ex-husband mentioned 2 days later the same thing happened to him on the driveway that night. I grabbed the yellow pages and looked up the nearest catholic church, the priest that came out probably thought i was nuts but i did not care! I wanted holy water and lots of ritual so i could stop worrying about it happening again.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I had what you may call a strange experience, but I put it down to simply being at the right place at the right time. I was in the kitchen making toast when I felt like someone was there (paranoia), I then asked the presence to make itself known. At that point, a plug (for the iron) which was resting on a protruding socket (on top of it, not plugged in) fell to the floor. I freaked out, but now I tend to believe it was just coincidental. On the other hand,it could have been an entity that was with me. And when it sensed my fear, it left not wishing to cause me distress. Or I am some sort of demon whisperer
and I scared him/her/it away.

Oh and to the "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" crowd.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

EDiT: It appears the OP has the "absence..." statement as his/her sig.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by trilateral_insignia]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ok i dont know if this is because i dont know enough about space or it was indeed a strange thing. You see it was a starry night and my dad came to wake me up and said come see this, to confirm his sanity. it a stary night and up in the sky was a huge ring, from the looks way far away. and in the center of this ring was the moon, the ring was same color of the moon. no stars were visible in this ring and when a cloud passed through the area where the ring was, it would disapper and reappear when it made it through. if anyone has any idea what it could be please tell. but this is my weirdest experience.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This has happened to my friend at least 3-4 times that she has lived at her house. She'll be watching tv or sleeping, etc, and the dogs will start to go crazy all of the sudden, and then someone/something knocks on the door, so she goes to see whose there but no ones there..and then her power goes out a couple minutes later..could be kids playing around but, who really knows because she lives way out there..creepy..

with me, when i was a kid i remember waking up and in the corner of my room i saw a man just standing looking at me, full grown, white robe, beard, (could of been my uncle who passed away not sure i was too little to remember what he looks like) had a ghost like appearance..freaked the hell out of me and i hide under my blankets for eternity but nothing has happened like that before.

I also have really vivid dreams and a scene in my dream will happen in real life and when it happens it feels as if its a deja vu but i realize that i've dreamt it before as well.

There is strong traces of ESP in my family and I believe that I do have some of it. I don't get hit with it often but when i do i try to use it as much as i can

I also go through periods were i'll always wake up at 3:00 am in the morning. (isn't there something about the time 3:00 am? if anyone can tell me that would be great..)

and oh I believe I've seen a UFO.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by trilateral_insignia
Oh and to the "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" crowd.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

EDiT: It appears the OP has the "absence..." statement as his/her sig.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by trilateral_insignia]

Hi 'Tri'. I do use Dr. Sagans quote as my signature. I do so as a reminder to keep an open mind about topics which can't be proven one way or the other. It's not about blindly believing in the fantastic. But whatever you'll make of them, I'm really enjoying the stories on here. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I've been lurking on this board for a while but just joined. Here are some of my experiences.

Both of my parents have had psychic experiences. My mother had a dream when I was a baby that it was snowing out and my sister was staying the night at a friends house. We were on our way to pick her up and were in an accident and all of us were killed. She even remembered the intersection and what the car that hit us looked like. A couple months later her dream came true. She recognized that it was starting to happen in time. My father went alone to pick up my sister and stopped longer than usual at the intersection she pictured. Sure enough the car that she had pictured skidded through the intersection and would have hit the car if he hadn't stayed stopped. She also had the uncanny ability to always know where north was. She said that she could just "feel" which way was north. My father also had a few premonitions and has seen a couple ghosts.

When I was younger I lived in Alabama for a few years. We lived right behind a church and a dry creekbed ran alongside our property. When I would be out playing I would see "shadow" figures all around the creek. The creek was surrounded by tall dense trees and I would see them walk into and out of the trees. They never got very close but I sensed they were trying to commincate something to me.

My most powerful paranormal experienced occured three days after my mothers death. As I said before I stopped believing in God at 13 and my mother always told me that when she died she would show me that there is a God and heaven. At the exact moment she died I was laying in a swimming pool and suddenly I saw myself from above and remembered thinking that nothing would ever be the same. Three days after she died I was lying in bed and I saw a bright yellow/white light in the doorway. I knew that it was my mother but it really didn't have a shape. I also heard the sound of millions of voices singing but it was more of a feeling all over my body. My mother told me that she loved me. I told her that I was sorry for anything that I had ever done that hurt her and that I lover her too. Then she was gone. At that moment my faith returned and soon after I accepted Christ. After that she appeared in a few of my dreams. One in particular my wife, grandmother, aunt and I were eating at a restaurant and my mother walked in. She walked to my aunt and gave her a hug. I woke up and knew that I had to share the dream with my aunt. I called her and told her about it and it turned out that the day I called was my aunt's birthday. The weekend before my mother died she talked constantly about her will and insurance, I think she knew that the accident was going to happen.

My mother died in a motorcycle accident with my step-father. My step-father was an alcoholic and ran a stop sign which caused the accident. He was in one of my dreams and looked horrible. He was very panicky and told me that everyone in my family had to forgive him before he could move on. He asked me to ask my family to forgive him. I did this and my family one by one forgave him. When was getting ready to change jobs I had a hard time deciding what to do. I prayed to God to give me a sign. That night my step-father appeared in my dream. This time he looked young and healthy.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hello. I made an account because im not sure if my anonymous reply made it. Anyway the strangest thing i ever saw was 5 years ago. it was a starry night. my dad woke me up to see this crazy thing. it was stary outside couple clouds. and a huge ring in the sky. in the center of this ring was the moon like it was around it. and no stars were inside of this "ring" and when a cloud passed through it it would disappear and reappear when it came through it. i dont no if this is a weird thing or my failure to understand space. please tell me if you could

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by altered_states
reply to post by Static Sky

one day i went picking magic mushrooms, i took about 900 and thought i ate an out of date turkey and were turning into rubber, it was quite awsome

3 grams of high quality shrooms is enough to have a intense experience

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stopltracr

Hi stopltracr. Welcome aboard. I'm sorry to hear about your mother and stepfather. That's an amazing story. Thank you very much for sharing it with us. I admire your courage in sharing something so personal. Be well and happy posting.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by barkei10

Hi barkei. Thanks for posting. I have no idea what that ring could have been but it certainly is a strange thing, to say the least. Did you keep watching it until it went away? And was it a material thing or a strange sort of gaseous halo type thing?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
when i was young from the ages 4 to early in my teens my parents told me i use to be very scared of the dark.
one night i started to have very bad dreams which would happen every night.
They told me i use to scream about seeing weird lights and objects in my sleep. the weird thing was they said i would recall these things when i was awake which made me very scared at night and mentioned many times to them about aliens and weird things like that

From my memory all i can remember was some freaky lights in my sleep.

my questions is and iv always wondered did other people recall having the same dreams as a kid

the weirdest thing i have ever seen.

was back in around feb/march 2005.

im from melbourne australia.

i saw this in berwick around 35km + out of melbourne.

i was driving along Princess hwy(major hwy in melbourne)around 1030pm and all of a sudden i saw around 7-10 orange balls flying in the sky in a V shaped formation. They were very high in the atmosphere or possibly in space. all of a sudden they started flying all around each other like dodgem cars. i stoped on the side of the road with another car as we stared at these onjects. No noise or nothing. after around 10min they just disapered and we went on our way. Where i was heading i asked the person who i was meeting if they saw this and they also did .

very freaky what ever it was

[edit on 19-6-2008 by gate13]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Five years ago or so I was lying in bed having just awakened. An old Stones song popped into my head: OO oo oo emotional rescue... I thought that was strange in itself because I am not a Rolling Stones fan at all but I am familiar with their albums. Twenty minutes later I turned on my radio scanner to hear if anything was going on with the police, coast guard, etc.
A mayday call came through about a sailboat in trouble...it was being bashed to bits on the break wall by high winds.
The name of the boat in trouble? "Emotional Rescue"!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
no....i went back to bed it was like 3 am and i was like 12. and it looked pretty solid from what i remember it now kinda reminds me of the halo rings from halo lol. but yea thats what it looked like

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join