It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Volunteer Worked to Keep Blacks Out of Jefferson Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Paula Abeles supported Democrat Hillary Clinton - until Obama won the nomination. Then she switched to McCain. Now, she's heading a movement to get women over to the McCain camp. Why? Well, it might be explained by the fact that in 2003, she and her husband led an effort to keep black descendants (of Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings) from attending Thomas Jefferson's family reunion.

When it was discovered that she'd used a fake Internet identity to undermine the efforts of Jefferson's alleged black descendants, she said it was necessary to make sure the family reunion was "a calm and civilized gathering."

An anonymous McCain aide told Smith: "We typically don't vet people who are simply expressing an interest in supporting the campaign, but the campaign will evaluate the policy to assure that appropriate steps are being taken." - Source

ROANOKE, Va. (AP) -- The wife of a Thomas Jefferson family association official said Friday that she masqueraded as a 67-year-old black woman on an Internet chat room in a bid to keep descendants of a reputed Jefferson mistress out of this weekend's family reunion.

"It might have been somewhat unethical," said Paulie Abeles of Washington, D.C., who participated for eight months in the Yahoo! message board created for relatives of Jefferson slave Sally Hemings.

"It might have been childish, but I really think I was working in the best interest of the majority of the family members to make the reunion a calm and civilized gathering," she said. - Source

In another thread, I said something about John McCain gaining the support of women by perhaps continuing the Culture of Fear. But I see there's another way he can try for their support.

McCain's spokesman wouldn't comment on Abeles' history... Source

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

join