It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama will declare Sharia Law in the United States if elected.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness

but i'm telling you thats what i think is gonna happen...

Less thinkie, more learnie!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Not gunna' happen.

He'd have to get through the SCOTUS and congress and the house ....

It couldn't happen just with him pushing for it.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Let's make sure I understand you correctly here. Assuming for the moment that Mr. Obama is elected President, he's going to begin implementing a transition to Sharia Law? Really? Forgive me if I guffaw...

How exactly, in a nation who's Christian population is so politically powerful, is he going to accomplish that? This goes without mentioning people like myself who have no strong religious convictions but have a certain tolerance for those who do.

On a scale of one to ten...ten being a Sharia state, the chances of this happening rate about a negative 300. If there is one thing that 99.9% of all Americans agree on, it's tolerance for other religious beliefs.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

What is the basic goal of every muslim ?

Well to basically take over the world right, just look at whats happening in the EU.. they emigrate to other countries, but refuse to integrate, instead insisting others must follow their law...

Well, i'm living in the EU and no, sorry but i have not seen a lot of Muslims bent on taking over the world. It's more like they want to behold their own identity which is their good right. The only problem there is is the fact that a lot of those families are jaded and specifically the younger generation who are walking a tightrope between the old world (their 1st generation parents) and the new one ( the western world with totally different morals and values). Sure it is pretty messed up at some places but to say they are organized and hellbent on domination, not really. It will take time, mutual understanding and some hardball between the respective groups but in the end it should be ok. I dare say that a majority of the muslims (since we are talking about them now) will be happy with some understanding from the parent country and i can't blame them. Yes, you have the nutcase here and there that just has to be thaught a lesson or is hopeless and should be put away but where they go into a terorrist mode we have football hooligans, it evens out. But hey, it's always easier to pick on a minority for all the problems then it is to look at yourself and admit that it takes the cooperation from all sides to make something work.

Anyway, Obama will be shot, hanged, electricuted, shot again, skinned, burned, beaten with a stick and filled with lead before any sharia will be declared.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Harman]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I just can't get over the amount of anti-Obama threads I am seeing here at ATS since he became the apparent nominee of the Democratic party. I have to admit so far that I haven't seen even one that had any credibility at all. It reminds me of the mind controling moves that the Bush Administration used (very effectivly, I might ad) after the events of 9/11. I don't think it works anymore after 8 years of the US public watching their country being raped right in front of them by these self-serving monsters claiming to be patriots.

As many have already said in this thread. Just saying, Oh but he IS a Muslim doesn't make him one, how ignorant can one be? He is no more a Muslim than he is a reptilian. Also like someone mentioned, I know quite a few Muslims and all the ones I know are some of the most peaceful, tolerant people I have ever met. These attitudes spread by some right-wing people are nothing but attempts to generate hate and fear in the hopes of maintaining control. It is just so sad.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

I have read many threads bashing Obama and I have not interest in the bashing.

But this one, this particular thread is just the tip of the iceberg.

Obviously the OP starter have no clue as the make over and history of the nation he seems to be born and grown in.

You know no everybody is ignorant in this boards.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Well to basically take over the world right, just look at whats happening in the EU.. they emigrate to other countries, but refuse to integrate, instead insisting others must follow their law...

now what is barack obama ? a muslim, he says he isn't but he is...

And what will he do if elected ?

he will declare Sharia Law in the united states...

no president can declare sharia law...if i have to explain why, you need to do alot more reading.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Sheesh...Allright

It was just an idea that came to me, it's not like i sat here and thought about it for weeks or anything...

it just seemed like something that might be a possibility.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

It sounds like a good bashing topic, but you have to understand that our nation's religion is base on Christianity that alone is enough to prevent any system of government from changing the make over of our nations religious roots.

Beside, state and religion is a touchy subject even for the main religion in this country, if it was so easy to manipulate it we will have a long time ago and official religion in this nation.

But our constitutional rights to free rights to worship will never allow that to happen.

Also we have fundamentalist Christians that will like nothing more than change the make over of this nation into something akin to what fundamentalist muslin are.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Well to basically take over the world right

I'm a Muslim and my basic goal isn't world domination. I just proved you wrong.

Mr.White Pride finally decided to come out of the racist closet, huh?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
I don't want to sound stupid but can someone explain to me what Sharia Law is?

I've heard about Sharia Law but I really don't know that much about it.
Thanks!

[edit on 17-6-2008 by MagicaRose]

Sharia

Sharia (Arabic: شريعة transliteration: Šarīʿah) is the body of Islamic religious law. The term means "way" or "path to the water source"; it is the legal framework within which the public and private aspects of life are regulated for those living in a legal system based on Islamic principles of jurisprudence and for Muslims living outside the domain. Sharia deals with many aspects of day-to-day life, including politics, economics, banking, business, contracts, family, sexuality, hygiene, and social issues.

There is no strictly static set of laws of sharia. Sharia is more of a system of how law ought to serve humanity, a consensus of the unified spirit, based on the Qur'an (the religious text of Islam), hadith (sayings and doings of Muhammad and his companions), Ijma (consensus), Qiyas (reasoning by analogy) and centuries of debate, interpretation and precedent.

Before the 19th century, legal theory was considered the domain of the traditional legal schools of thought. Most Sunni Muslims follow Hanafi, Hanbali, Maliki or Shafii, while most Shia Muslims follow the jaafari school of thought and are considered Twelvers.[1]

Islamic law is now the most widely used religious law, and one of the three most common legal systems of the world alongside common law and civil law.[2] During the Islamic Golden Age, classical Islamic law had a fairly significant influence on the development of common law,[3] and also influenced the development of several civil law institutions.[4]

Hope this helps you.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

now what is barack obama ? a muslim, he says he isn't but he is...

And what will he do if elected ?

he will declare Sharia Law in the united states...

Where the hell do you get the notion that EVERY Muslim wants to take over the World? Are you insane?

If thats not an Xenophobic declaration I dont dont know what isnt.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
ITs thinking like the OP's that we still have bigotry and racial divide in this world. Its sad and pathetic. To make such a sweeping generalization that all Muslims want to take over the world is the greatest example of low iq ignorance I have ever seen.

Obama is as muslim as osama bin laden... Hmm what are you implying there????? You couldn't of named the countless muslims who have helped our world? No, you name the one extremist whom the vast majority of muslims think is nuts.

I know you dont live in the U.S, but wherever you are, please dont vote.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

it's not like i sat here and thought about it for weeks or anything...

Ya know....a bit more than a few seconds of contemplation will generally result in better output.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
To the OP:

You know, before screaming fire in the cinema, do you even know what sharia law is?

If you did, you'd be begging President Obama--or McCain--to implement it.

It is a version of a now-defunct Christian religious prohibition against usury.

Usury is exorbitant interest.

Look at your credit card interest rate, google "compound interest," then get back to us, and tell us if you don't think this is a morally responsible way of dealing with credit and debt.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

That is a very good explaination.
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Crakeur

Let's say he doesn't declare sharia law straight away...let's say he starts off by turning the US into a UK, France etc...just look at how things are going there..

There are many ways he can do this, he could allow mass immigration of muslims, he could lax immigration laws for certain muslim countries
because of "oil" deals being struck up etc etc..like i said, there are many ways..

Bush is having an illegal war, has he been overthrown, impeached, tossed from office ?

No, no one has done anything...

There are so many back door ways for the president of the united states to allow certain things to "happen" it's not even funny..

Mexicans, Mexicans will save us all!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If Obama makes everyone a muslim, we'll all be eating Bean Pies instead of Big Macs. I doubt Americans will stand for that.

Bean Pie:

Big Mac:

The choice is yours America.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Say if McCain is also secretly a muslim?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join