It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden link at bottom of page. whatistheconspiracy.com

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thread Number, lets get going!!

Post 828201

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Kellter]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Any ideas?

The post is dated 2004. Am I missing something here?

What is missing is more important, I take it that refers to the scatter graph?

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Sendran]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

It also shows that it was edited on Friday.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ever seen Con Air? Could the scattergraph's dots actually be holes and when overlaid onto the picture on the thread it reveals the letters?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Attention all who are editing TinWiki.

TinWiki currently has an article* dedicated to this game which is being updated daily by members of ATS. We thank and welcome you all for contributing to TinWiki but please try to maintain the high standards we hold at TinWiki. I have just reformatted the entire entry and removed certain parts; Please remember that you don't have to post a picture every time, you can just as easily provide a link at the bottom to the picture. Please from now on keep the lay out of this article acceptable.

ProTo Fire Fox - TinWiki Sysop.

*Article Can Be Found Here.
Can mods please let this post sit here and not delete it. - It is important for TinWiki.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
whats the thing with Caesar and so on?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ragster

I think it refers to the Caesar Cipher. I think it was used to solve one of the previous clues.

This could be a list of how the clues are solved.

Can anyone tell me whether or not the scatter graph clue has been solved yet?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
As far as I know it has not been solved. However, I just got back ten minutes ago, so I could have missed something.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It will be observed that the missing component is more important that what is seen.

The cycle of triangles build words and symbols are diagonally true.

The above 2 had me thinking, just throwing ideas out, that the opposite sides of the x and y axis were not visible so I added them. The Cycle of triangles made me think of a pyramid and noticed there was a dot where the middle is.

Don't know about the color aspect but the "it should be noted twice that the rotation of glyphs" probably means we need to rotate the image twice or something along those lines.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hey I think it must of been solved, else why would it change? Possibly a key or for use in the next games??

Thanks to the TinWiki editor for sorting out the page, I was useless at it (enthusiastic tough)!

I did note that he left the Godgame link on there, is that because its relevant or cause we already put it under the red herring section?

Gonna have a crack at the next clue.

Nice work everyone, I so impressed with the skills out there!

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
Hey I think it must of been solved, else why would it change? Possibly a key or for use in the next games??

The new clue is a hint on how to solve it, maybe? I dunno?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Are people discussing this elsewhere, or is this the only thread? ATS Chat? Hope not, can't do that until 200 posts.

Like the image, just on Photoshop myself trying things. I can't get that Con Air thing to work, I hoped I was on to something there!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No discussion elsewhere that I am aware of. Chat is down I believe, I have a site with chat but don't know if its appropriate to post the site, its a general discussion forum for generation Xers.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thinking about the color thing...

I noticed that if I try to fill use a bucket fill to change the back round from black to white, it goes orange. I thought it was just b/c I'm a dummy when it comes to Gimp....tried it in something more my speed (read MS Paint lol) and it does the same thing. A lot of the colors are a little screwy. Does that happen for anyone else?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Is the text on the 828201 post relevant to all clues past, or just our scatter graph conundrum? On the tinwiki it says 6 clues, making the scattergraph our 7th. There are 6 obvious hints on the text, but 7 clues to solve.

Can anybody help in eliminating the hints from the list if they have relevance to previous clues that have already been solved? Then we could concentrate on the remaining hints to solve the current problem. The tinwiki site does not give the method of solution for some of the previous clues.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane Void

Just tried that, it happened too. I'm using Photoshop CS3. The mode is "indexed color".

Hopefully someone more clued up in these matters could assist?

Did you notice the dots and dashes at the bottom?

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Sendran]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There's probably a really simple answer as to why it does that.
I'm completely retarded when it comes to certain things.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think you're right. I just used an online Morse code translator to no avail.

TTINES or ETTINESE.

I don't think there's a morse code angle here. We need to know whether these clues relate to this graph.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Maybe when it says that the things we cant see are more important than the things we can, it's refferring to the missing letters from the previous puzzles. Just a thoought.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Transcription:

THE EIGHTH DAY OF THE EIGHTH MONTH OF THE EIGHTH YEAR WILL SEE THE RISE OF A NEW CHALLENGE.

A REVELATION OF THE GRAND CONSPIRACY OF THE AGES WILL BE PRESENTED TO THOSE WORTHY OF THE TEST.

CUNNING SKILLS OF CRYPTOGRAPHY AND LOGIC WILL BE REQUIRED OF THOSE WHO TAKE THE CHALLENGE.

IT WILL BE OBSERVED THAT A CYCLE OF ADDITIVE COLORS IS IMPORTANT AS WELL AS THAT OF SIMPLE DOTS.

IT WILL BE OBSERVED THAT SIXTEEN IS IMPORTANT IN NUMBER AND COLOR, BUT THAT CAESAR SEQUENTIALLY SHIFTS HIS COLORS.

IT WILL BE OBSERVED THAT THE CYCLE OF TRIANGLES BUILDS WORDS AND SYMBOLS THAT ARE DIAGONALLY TRUE.

IT WILL BE OBSERVED THAT CAESAR SLIDES ACROSS ON EACH, AND JUXTAPOSITION IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS.

IT WILL BE OBSERVED, TWICE, THAT THE ROTATION OF GLYPHS BUILDS MEANING.

AND FINALLY IT WILL BE OBSERVED THAT THE MISSING COMPONENT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT IS SEEN.

Thoughts:

The image is named clue080808.gif, so perhaps this is a hint to the previous puzzle, as well as some information about the game as a whole.

The top and bottom banner text are different colors, I'm going to go and check if there's subtle variation in color between the letters or groups of letters in each line.

The 'sixteen' is important, could refer to hexadecimal coding, base-16 numbers, often used when representing color values (eg, in HTML).

Caesar sequentially shifts his colors could refer to a Caesar cipher (which offsets lookup of coded-letters into an alphabet to get plaintext). Sequentially shifting colors could refer to using the banner text as the 'alphabet', and sequentially looking up one offset value in one group of text, the next in another, the next in another, and so on, in a cycle.

The 'cycle of triangles' could refer to the Greek letter 'Delta', which is used as a symbol for the change between two values, eg, the idea of using each height in the dot grid as an added offset from the last point, instead of an absolute value, to get a coded letter.

'Twice, that the rotation of glyphs builds meaning', could refer to the fact that there's a two-stage calculation for each plaintext letter -- first, by applying an offset value from the last coded letter (the grid?), second by a Caesar lookup using different portions of banner text as alphabet.

'The missing component' stuff, and the obviously-deliberate use of 'finally' seems to indicate that the missing letters and errors we've found in puzzles so far are significant to the 'final question' of the game!

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join