It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Who Killed Puppy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Although the woman who pointed out a human life is way more valuable than a dog's life is correct, this guy probably should be executed.

Know why? There is a VERY HIGH CORRELATION between people who are actively cruel to animals and serial killers.

And a state sponsored murder is the solution.

And you wonder why we hate Americans.

Talk about a backwards nation, they still have this black and white thing going on over there and still think "revenge" makes a good justice system.

How primitive.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Whoa, buddy. Don't judge us all by the outspoken extremes. I love animals, am male, and basically abhor violence period, and this video makes me sick. I knew people like this in high school, and can't fathom the mentality. However, I think most of the people in the armed forces are duty minded people who would never do anything like this. I also think that, even though this was highly disturbing, the crime does not warrant death, and most people I know would agree. I also agree that
there's lots worse things going on, and believe me, while I think this is terrible, if I had blaring evidence in front of me of crimes to humans I'd be a lot more outraged. My compassion for humans doesn't preclude compassion for animals, but there has to be a balance. Take a human life, lose yours, your a murderer. Take a animals life for fun, well, you're an ass and the universe will take care of that. This dude is in for a lot of
heartache when he gets home. His little sister has a proud web page through her high school about him. He's married. Think how his family is going to look at him now. I'm sure they'll stay supportive, but there'll always be doubt in their minds about his humanity. He's being judged and punished in the media and popular opinion. Of course, then again, he may just get offered a position in black ops. You never know.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
These men are trained to be murderers and killers,do you think that the
life of a dog even comes into their thoughts?
Very sad!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elmer_Dinkley
These men are trained to be murderers and killers,do you think that the
life of a dog even comes into their thoughts?
Very sad!

These people are sick and twisted to begin with and it is obvious the system failed them as did their PARENTS, like father like son. It comes from somewhere.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Big deal. It's just a frickin' dog. They get put down at animal shelters by the thousands every day. People really need to stop getting so emotional over dumb animals. If they want to evolve to our level and start keeping us as pets/slaves and killing us or eating us or whatever, fine. But until that day, we can do whatever we want to any creature on this planet.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
who cares. it was a dog. and don't give me that bs about "this is how killers start by killing animals," what about the people that come home from war and go gun ho. it's a dog, it was unnecessary totally, but under stressful conditions like that i don't put it past a human to lose sympathy. they have to shoot people every day, i doubt killing a puppy will make them sleep any less at night.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hmm pretty sick...i dont agree with killing anything for fun,if he had ate the dog after or something i would be cool with it,but killing just for??..i dont even know why he would do it,but it gets a thumbs down from me
But like another poster said,maybe war can do strange things to people..then again they are trained for war and should act responsibly..

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
No worries about the felony thing.. A dishonorable discharge from the armed forces will follow him around for the rest of his life.. He better get good at flipping burgers or cleaning toilets.. He deserves everything he gets.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOOmOO

Talk about a backwards nation, they still have this black and white thing going on over there and still think "revenge" makes a good justice system.

How primitive.

you shouldn't label all American's into a group as having the same opinions as each other. although i agree with sponsored murder in certain circumstances, this would not be one of them. that is why america is the greatest country today, we have the freedom to think for ourselves. it's very primitive to draw assumptions about a nation as a whole.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They made the right choice. The Ex Marine was unbalanced and that video was very upsetting. Good for you USMC!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Most serial killers have served in the military.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's funny. People are outraged when a marine throws a puppy off of a cliff. Yet, innocent humans were killed in the initial bombing of Baghdad, and are still dying as a result of war operations.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Have any of you ever taken your stress out on someone or something undeserving? War is about one of the most stressful situations you can be in, and some people don't have a good outlet.
In a bad siuation like that, where people here in the states demonstrate when a soldier is being buried by his family, and you wonder why somebody snaps and does something crazy?
And to add to this you want to go after his family as well?
Jeeze, folks. Seriously.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Firstly I did not watch the video because I don't want that image in my head.

Is it possible that being relieved of duty and sent home was his intention...wouldn't be the act of a psychopath if that was his goal????

"Innocent" animals are killed around the world everyday for many different "reasons"...human cruelty to animals should be punished...but not with the death penalty

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad Larkin

Really? But they're good enough to go fight for you, right?

I dont care if the war is justified or not- thats not the issue. The issue is this man is in horrible combat, day and night, and he's a heroe.
Then he snaps due to the COMBAT and he's a no good piece of crap???

Whats wrong with this picture?????

I dont know what your politics are, or if you're too young to understand, but you need to learn what a war can do to a mind.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WinoBot

Originally posted by mOOmOO

How primitive.

you shouldn't label all American's into a group as having the same opinions as each other. although i agree with sponsored murder in certain circumstances, this would not be one of them. that is why america is the greatest country today, we have the freedom to think for ourselves. it's very primitive to draw assumptions about a nation as a whole.

The nation as a MAJORITY voted in Bush not once but TWICE, the same MAJORITY that want America's ALLIES to BUTT OUT of American politics when the same AMERICA bullies those allies and demands they assist in issues. The same allies that America backstabs with industrial espionage they engage in when GUESTS in those countries with their listening stations. The same America that claims to be a great example of HUMAN RIGHTS. The same America that still has this black and white ethnic thing going on over there.

Riiiiight.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

At this point I'd like to point out that the first time around, half of us didn't vote for him. Also, most people who don't vote are young, and more likely to lean left, than not. So I don't think that it's fair to say that half of us support Bush 2.

That said, yeah. Lots of retards here.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by '___'eviant]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well what do you expect from someone who kills "terrorists" for a living. I mean really the only reason you join the Marines while were fighting in Iraq would be because you like killing. It's not like were fighting for something good. Or maybe they thought they ccould get laid easier if they came home and told all the girls that their heroes.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

The majority of Americans did NOT vote Bush into office. Our elections are now nothing but a farce. The electoral vote is an outdated and corrupted voting system, which you seem to know little of.

I am truely happy for you that you are lucky enough to live in a paradise where there is absolutely no racial tension what so ever. I would however take a look in the mirror before you call a whole nation primitive while you throw out a hate filled, bigoted, blanket statement stereotyping all Americans not only speaking for yourself, but also professing to be speaking for others as well. Not to mention the fact that you have went completely off topic.

Now back to the topic, i don't believe that the man should be put to death i do however believe that he should recieve a stricter penalty than being discharged from the military. The stress of war is no excuse for his inhumane behavior. He video taped it and obviously sent it to someone in order for it to have went public, that does not imply the effects of stress, rather a cold, heartless person that feels that no form of life has any importance and that there was nothing wrong with what he did. I would wager that this kind of behavior was something that he engaged in before he went in to the military.

I also believe that the other man should also be discharged from the military and face charges as he was just as guilty being that he did nothing to stop him.

As far as the people that say "it was just a dog" all life is precious and animals have just as much right to life as we do. We have no right to treat them as insignificant simply because we see ourselves as higher up the ladder then they are. It's funny we see ourselves as being more highly evolved than animals, but yet we still haven't learned how to live in peace with each other.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Inhumane? All he did was toss the thing off a cliff. Most likely, it didn't even have a chance to suffer. Animals do far worse to each other all the time. Stop being so naiive.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join