It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America needs to leave the world alone...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
In my humble opinion America, needs to let the rest of the world do whatever they want to do.

1.) We should leave the U.N. TOTALLY. Pull out of Iraq, Israel, and every other nation we have a military base in.

2.) I think the U.S. should stop sending money over seas for charity, and humanitarian aid, (After all we have inner city schools and Appalachia to worry about. Besides apparently we don't do a good enough job regardless of how much we give. )

3.) We should close down every factory that we built overseas, and put an end to imports in all its forms. (That way we don't have to worry about other nations economy's)

4.) We should focus on expanding our military while not actually using said military for anything other than homeland defense.

5.) Build as many Nukes as we want and point one at every other nation under the sun, just in case. (After all from what I have been reading on here we have no friends, just degrees of enemies.)
(Well I guess Canada is still cool.)

6.) We need to do away with all forms of foreign tourism coming into the the U.S. (That way we don't have to worry about terrorist.)

The more I think about what I have been reading around here, the more I think that this is the 6 step process that my nation needs to take for the betterment of our country (And apparently the rest of the world.)

In short completely separate ourselves from the affairs of rest of the world. We should just sit back and go about our business and simply watch and listen to the rest of the world via satellite, and if another country starts to talk about invasion or other activity to attempt to either harm or disrupt us or even bring us back into the global community, we then broadcast what was said to the rest of the world with a cease and desist message.
That would be warning number one.
There would be no Warning number two.

[edit on 04/13/2008 by sacerd]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
There is no such thing as America anymore. The country formerly known as America is on a ventilator and is despirately clinging to life. The preist will be in soon to read her the last rights.
She will be going to a better place so don't shed a tear for her.
She will be replaced with a newer better country call the North American Union with a Benevolent Ruler who will let us have jobs and security so we don't get "attacked" ever again.
Say your last goodbys now or forever hold your peace.

Amen.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
That is how it seems although I must say I still hope against hope that we don't fall into that trap. We have already seems the loss of power amongst the states which in my opinion was the biggest mistake America has ever made.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
What we are seeing today is EXACTLY why the founding fathers believed in isolationism.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It should be The United States of America "ARE"
and NEVER the United States of America "IS".
We are States first and foremost and then we are united.
The very first problem with this country began when people started saying the United States od America is.........

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

The sad thing is the folks in the E.U. don't see the writing on the wall.
When our United States of America was founded the States, almost like little countries in and of themselves, held the power to govern themselves as long as it was done with in a constitutional framework, and the federal government had very little power.
Then the Euro...or I mean federal money was issued, next thing you know the Federal Government has all the power and the states lose all their independence.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

1.) We should leave the U.N. TOTALLY. Pull out of Iraq, Israel, and every other nation we have a military base in.

I agree with the Iraq bit and maybe even let Isreal, go it alone for awhile
you can't even trust supposed friends, Selling our Tech behind our backs GREAT!

Text2.) I think the U.S. should stop sending money over seas for charity, and humanitarian aid, (After all we have inner city schools and Appalachia to worry about. Besides apparently we don't do a good enough job regardless of how much we give. )

Again I agree we should spend more at home and less abroad

3.) We should close down every factory that we built overseas, and put an end to imports in all its forms. (That way we don't have to worry about other nations economy's)

That's a little iffy like it or not we are involved in global market.

6.) We need to do away with all forms of foreign tourism coming into the the U.S. (That way we don't have to worry about terrorist.)

I agree we should have better border security not to be confused with a police state where I need papers to cross state lines

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Please do not misinterpret my post; it is informative and not critical…thank you.

You may have an issue with your country about many things that you consider bad, but let me remind you which country in the world is the must generous when it come to aid for the third world.
Is a link with a chart below:
www.vexen.co.uk...
Also look which country United State of America is helping:
Aid to Israel 12.20% of the Total US foreign aid!
The reality is that many American citizens believe that their country is the most generous country in the world…this is far from the truth…please read the article in this link:
www.fair.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Life will go on.

See, if you stop importing, you also stop exporting - like it or not. If you kick out or nationalize foreign owned companies in the USA, the same will occur elsewhere. If you close plants and dismantle them abroad, the same will occur in the USA. If you bar foreign tourists from coming in - no one will fly you out, and no one will let you in if you can get there.

Over here, all that translates to is: a bit of a drop in the crime rate with the US forces out of Japan, as well as some prime real estate opening up. Lower price of petrol with you out of the market. No change on my weekly grocery list, or anything else I can think of, save the OS running my computer. I figure it would take a Japanese tech firm about a month to come up with a replacement for that, if the need arose.

Might take a couple of months for things to re-allign, but I think the impact would be fairly minimal in the long run. Best of luck with it.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Good point but by that chart I see some other wealthy countries on the lower end of the spectrum

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes for sure you have notice this point.
But my point is about showing what United State Of America give to the third world because this thread is criticizing the way USA is run.
Kacou.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

The united states foreign aid

GDP (official exchange rate):
$13.79 trillion (2006 est.)

lets see here at what the chart explains it at 5.0% thats 690 billion

Netherlands Foreign aid

GDP $529.1 billion (2006 est.) (purchasing power parity)
lets see here at what the chart explains it at 6.6% = 29.3 billion

Yeah I see what you mean

[edit on 10-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I think you may have misread the chart.

The 5.0 and 6.6 are index ratings, not % of GDP.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I can only answer you with this quote from Robert Barron:
Definition of Third World Help:

“”Help paid by the poor ones of the rich countries to help the rich ones of the poor countries. “”

Kacou.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacerd
In my humble opinion America, needs to let the rest of the world do whatever they want to do.

2.) I think the U.S. should stop sending money over seas for charity, and humanitarian aid, (After all we have inner city schools and Appalachia to worry about. Besides apparently we don't do a good enough job regardless of how much we give. )

4.) We should focus on expanding our military while not actually using said military for anything other than homeland defense.

5.) Build as many Nukes as we want and point one at every other nation under the sun, just in case. (After all from what I have been reading on here we have no friends, just degrees of enemies.)
(Well I guess Canada is still cool.)

The more I think about what I have been reading around here, the more I think that this is the 6 step process that my nation needs to take for the betterment of our country (And apparently the rest of the world.)

In short completely separate ourselves from the affairs of rest of the world. We should just sit back and go about our business and simply watch and listen to the rest of the world via satellite, and if another country starts to talk about invasion or other activity to attempt to either harm or disrupt us or even bring us back into the global community, we then broadcast what was said to the rest of the world with a cease and desist message.
There would be no Warning number two.

you got no voice in the government, and apparently, you idea won't become mainstream. because those milords siting in Wall Street won't let you. and obviously, those milords care about other country's "human rights" more than american citizen. so they would rather spend billions of US dollars in military invasion instead of using these money to help hurricane katrina "refugee".

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So you come to a post about the U.S. becoming more isolationist and you respond with, America does not give more than some other random country?
I am not sure I understand your point.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I totally agree, and stop giving billions and billions in world aid as well, while our country goes down the tubes....everyone lovesssss the US when they have their hands out for our cash. But no one wants to pay the devil back, do they? As I recall way way back in history I don't believe anyone ever paid us back for rebuilding any of the WWII countries?

Who does everyone call when they need help after a natural disaster or someone's invading their country? Kuwait comes to mind? Who's calling for our help, gee let's see the whole world is calling on us to do something about Darfur....wouldn't that be the U.N.s job to do or is it just on OUR shoulders as usual?

IMO everyone wants the U.S. to "save them" but yet they don't want any strings attached to the cash and aid. It reminds me of the people still living in mom and dad's basement, living off them and then attacking them for paying their way, while taking the cash and sitting on their arses lol.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
ridiculous

[edit on 10-6-2008 by zhangxi0183]

link   
america leave world alone???

then how gonna they suck blood from the world???

link   
america leave world alone???

then how gonna they suck blood from the world???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join