It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: It's 'Ambiguous' Whether Bush's Warrantless Wiretapping Program Was Illegal, 'Let's Move For

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

McCain: It's 'Ambiguous' Whether Bush's Warrantless Wiretapping Program Was Illegal, 'Let's Move Forward'

thinkprogress.org

“It’s ambiguous as to whether the president acted within his authority of not,’’ he said, saying courts had ruled different ways on the matter. “I’m not interested in going back. I’m interested in addressing the challenge we face to day of trying to do everything we can to counter organizations and individuals that want to destroy this country. So there’s ambiguity about it. Let’s move forward.’’
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
First I know there is already a story talking about McCain saying he would "continue" wiretapping, this one however has a different twist, and it is important for this 'different' perspective.

It is important because it demonstrates how little McCain wither knows or is willing to recognize the constitution and the laws of the USA.

The fact that he calls this Warrantless Wiretapping's legality "ambiguous" demonstrates once again that John McCain is not a man that can be trusted in the office of the president.

Currently the Bush administration is pushing for Immunity for Telecom Companies, why? Because they all know it is illegal, they know they can be prosecuted, and Bush assured his corporate buddies he would protect them. Protect hem from what? THE LAW.

The Bush administration is pushing for the revision of FISA laws, not because they are about to expire; not because they are ineffective, but because he wants to crate retroactive immunity for himself and the Telecoms.

One more nail in McCain coffin? It is hard to say what the impacts of such claims will be on his campaign. He has been dramatically declining is key voter blocks, but there are still those willing to back Bush, so anything is possible.

All I can say is that this 'dancing' around the fact that the Bush administration has been illegally spying on US citizens makes it clear to me that he is not trustable and that he is after the same thing as Bush co, unlimited dictatorial powers, and the rise of the corporate-fascist state.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Animal]

new topics

join