It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elitism on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Why do some ppl on here feel the need to refer to everyone who doesn't believe their theories as "Sheeple." That term really bugs me because it makes us look like what the majority of us rail against, Elitists Pigs (ie Bohemian Grove, Bilderbergers, etc.) There's this attitude on this site that we're somehow more intelligent/better than everybody else.

It's pretty hypocritical if we claim we want to spread the truth and yet we instantly shoo away ppl who don't agree and simply label them with insults like "Sheeple" or "The Masses." Whether you agree with me or not, terms like that are what give us conspiracy theorists a bad name and hurts our cause. What makes us so much better than everybody else? Why do you think the majority of people don't want to hear us? Because when they do listen to us we come off as arrogant turds. Sure that's not the case all the time but it definitely puts people off.

Sorry for the rant but I can't help it when I see threads with "Sheeple" in the title, especially ones that get starred and flagged so much they're on the Front Page of ATS for all to see. Please stop posting crap like that and maybe we might just attract more people.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by High Five]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I agree with you whole heartily this has to be one of the best threads I have ever read. Any thread with the phrase "Arrogant Turds" has to be good. I got a good laugh out of it. I do agree with you though.
Consider this starred and flagged...simply for the Arrogant Turds comment.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
mOST OF YOU PEOPLE arent any better then the,"Illuminati"
because for one,you worship the same thing as they do!(The sun/Science)
but too blinded (not wanting to know the truth,its a choice.)
to understand thats its all science and when you find out that you warship what they do too,then what are you going to say then?

are you going to be a hypocrite?
are you going to jump on their board?
will you just turn your cheek?

3/4 of this website worships the same stuff the "ILLUMINATI" does!
....it just you dont know it yet!
OR
3/4 of this website is just here to confuse you people with nonsense and bull stories/images....

Learn oof my sig and keep learning then you will know the truth and right when you think you do,you have no clue!

you dont want to be blinded,understand,its all science,its all the same....
and science is NOT THE TRTH!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by High Five

I can only speak of what I say in reference to "sheeple", not for anyone else here on ATS. When I have referred to "sheeple" I refer to people outside of this website that are totally oblivious and blind to anything other than their own "small world" being that they never seem to question anything, but follow along like sheep to the slaughter, until there is something they really feel strong enough about to whine about.

When those same said "sheeple" whine and complain though, they usually do not know who, what, where, when, or why they should really be complaining, because they do not understand the processes that lead to that particular law, or gas tax, or new tax, like say for instance the possible "carbon tax" gets put into place. They think that they voted for a politician, and that's the end of the process, that their whining and complaining will have a real effect for some unknown reason.

So, again, when and if I refer to "sheeple" it's not to someone within this website, usually, for the afore mentioned reason, but as well also because there are Terms and Conditions in which we have to behave and conform to in a sense, or we can be slammed for points, or worse, banned off the site.

High Five, a friendly word of advice, everyone here on ATS has their right to express themselves however they see as their own style, just as much as you have every right to express your disdain at people doing that same thing.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ha! Great thread.

Yes, this is so damned irritating. The first thing that hits my mind is the geniuses who ALWAYS say crap like 'Obamites' or stuff like that.

Good thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I don't mind "sheeple" so much. I was one at one time, and we all are still to some extent. But at least most of us on here have been awakened enough to actually see things that most people would rather not hear about and simply cannot accept.

I just hate it when someone tells me I'm a stinking Liberal, or blood-thirsty Conservative, just because I have an opinion on an issue. A real show of ignorance on their part really, considering my complex political opinions.

But in the end, I really don't see too many "sheeple" on here. More like the awakened fighting the agents. The sheeple are still asleep back in the Desert of the Real being good little Coppertops. We fight the good fight here for those whose slumber is disturbed by glitches in the matrix. If that makes any sense. There is no spoon, so I think I will stop rambling and literally get some sleep for a while.

[edit on 6/5/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

Hahaha, what? Is this even in the right thread?

Anyway, it annoys me greatly when people use words like "sheeple". It sounds just like something Ann Coulter would say, which pisses me off on general principle alone. Sound bites are for people who aren't lucid enough to make convincing logical arguments.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I agree with you as well. It's too bad ATS can't ban the use of that word.
When will people learn that calling people insulting names doesn't help anything?

It's a divisive egotistical bully tactic, imo. If anything, we should have sympathy for these so-called sheeple. Perhaps they're too busy working or raising a family to be concerned about seeking the truth. Maybe they were raised to be satisfied with the status quo, or they could just lack curiosity and imagination. None of these are a good reason to ridicule. We should be trying to enlighten them, not pushing them away, right?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I think SpartanKingLeonidas said it all very well. The sheeple I refer to woudn't even be on this site. They are asleep, and don't want to be bothered by us "nut cases". I know they don't care, I've been told so by many of them because they don't believe in any of this stuff, period. We are the crazies to them, and what do they care what the crazies call them?
I don't mind if they call me stupid, or foolish or ignorant or crazy either, I consider the source, smile a little, and move on. You should too. There is much more to worry about in this world than protecting the sheeple from us "bad guys" who call'em names. Geez...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Topic should have been,"Why is this website 3/4 filled with Government Trolls"?

If i had a guess,ill guess this website was formed by the Government....

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
the reason so many conspiracy theorists act arrogant and such is because they want the knowledge to prove to everyone they are smarter. Also usually they have nothing else going for them so they take up conspiracies as their forte. The they administer information in a way that makes them sound like a crazy messiah for either attention or recognition. Ive seen many do it, and have done it myself in my earlier days.

but one thing in our defense is that i only call people "sheeple" when they refuse to listen to my point of view because it is different. I respect them when they listen and formulate their own ideas even if they contradict mine.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

After one day ?
Makes me wonder why you bothered joining then.

Take a look around before judging.. A lot are severely anti-government.. Me for one.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Name calling and arrogance isn't going to get anyone anywhere. We need to realize that just because someone might not agree with another's opinion doesn't make them wrong. This is a great forum for debate on many alternative subjects and I fully enjoy reading and posting my thoughts. I agree it is frustrating when a select few turn to bashing another member when they don't agree.......kind of reminds me of grade school BS.

As for this site being created by the government.....while I appreciate your opinion, I do not share it. Why would the government waste resources to make a site like this when all they have to do is sit back, wait for someone else to create it and just spy in on it. I also don't think they would need to create an ATS kind of site to know everything about you. Medical record, Bank records, school records, facebook, myspace, telephone records, credit records, membership records etc are enough to know everything they need to know about you.

Great thread
star and flag!!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
why wouldnt the government make this site?

look at all the theories,do you not understand,theories just blind the TRTH?

i mean 3/4 of these people worship the same stuff as the government does!

one person can say the TRTH and a hundred thousands can flood with nonsense stuff,which hides the TRTH,yes to me that seems like the work of the government.

or like alex jones website another *snip* that helps the government hide the TRTH with nonsense,meaningless things

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use � Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/5/08 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by High Five
It's pretty hypocritical if we claim we want to spread the truth and yet we instantly shoo away ppl who don't agree and simply label them with insults like "Sheeple" or "The Masses."

Personally I don't see so much of what you speak of around here. Generally when the term sheeple is used it is in reference to to those who follow blindly without even looking at alternative information, as in those who won't think for themselves.

I also haven't run across too many members who use the term The Masses in general conversation.

I haven't noticed people being shoo'd away by being called those names.

Another point is that for the most part I don't see the members of the site here on a quest to "spread the information" as much as "sharing the information.

Excuse my defensiveness here but I wonder if you engaged in more conversation here if you may see things differently, I see you have been here over a year and have only made 17 posts. Now that doesn't mean I am being an "elitist" by having posted more than yourself, but you may feel a bit differently if you participated a bit more.

The tone of your post was pretty accusing so that is perhaps why I responded this way.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
It's too bad ATS can't ban the use of that word.

The most absurd thing I have read on ATS in a long time...and I have seen some pretty silly stuff.

I love the word. It's conceptual. Once you are aware of the machinations of this world you totally get it. You passionately want everyone else to get it.

...too busy working or raising a family to be concerned about seeking the truth. Maybe they were raised to be satisfied with the status quo, or they could just lack curiosity and imagination.

That's really the entire point isn't? They are too busy going through the motions, working for the man, getting paid, making groceries, paying bills, standing in line for the slaughter and as long as they are fed, they don't care. Wake up! If you love them wake them up! Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

It can be frustrating.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
simple
if you still believe the official 911 report or you believe what the MSM tells you
or you believe that our leaders are basically honest or you belive that
the evil muslims are coming to kill us all....then

YES you are a SHEEPLE

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The word sheeple is not meant to be patronizing or condescending.... If we banned the word sheeple (ridiculous idea) we would just come up with another word, probably worse than sheeple, for people who dont pay enough attention as they live.

IMHO if a citizen doesn’t have time to see what going on around us, to keep up with politics, and to see how much of a police-state we have already descended into, than you are not a citizen; you are a slave!
I explain this more here: The Great Conspiracy Of Time, Money, And The Pursuit Of Happiness…

I have an analogy...
Imagine the population of the world are livestock like sheep or cattle as some refer to them.... We are a vast heard of millions crowded together.... Most of the heard only see the other cattle and sheep around them. They are happy and content to live amongst the heard. Only a select few are in position to see the fence which surrounds the them: livestock on the edge of the heard. Some of those on the edge are smart enough and have the time to ask the MOST important questions like: "why is this fence here, what is its purpose, and who built/maintains the fence?

We here at ATS are the border cattle.... we question the fence.

I have found that when I try to awake people from the matrix of lies spun around us, most become emotional and angry... some will call me names and will cut ties with me. Im talking about friends and family.
They tell me to be quiet.
They would rather live a lie.
Id rather live with harsh truth.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by High Five
..."Sheeple." That term really bugs me because it makes us look like what the majority of us rail against...

If you don't feel like you are a "sheep" then why did you include yourself in the group. You are applying a stereotype to yourself on your own accord and harping at people for it. I don't see why it would bother you if it doesn't apply to you.

[edit on 6/5/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

JSR

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by High Five

i like the idea of the OP here. i see it alot. however, High Five, i dont think you'll get very far with this one. everyone seems to concerned with the word "sheeple".

stared anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join