It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did People Start Using Only Rumors As Evidence??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Eustace student booked for threats

18-year-old may have had ‘hit list’ with classmates’ names
By ART LAWLER

EUSTACE — A Eustace High School student remains in Henderson County Jail, charged with making terroristic threats at Eustace High School.

But Chris Underhill’s grandparents say there is no list, and that their grandson is the victim of classmates who dislike him.

“I can guarantee there’s not a list,” said Underhill’s grandfather, Dirk Braune of Payne Springs.

mod edit: added external quote tags, cut down quote and added source link.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Eustace student says he’s innocent
By ART LAWLER

Unknown

From a cap and gown to the stripes of a Henderson County inmate, Chris Underhill’s world has suddenly become smaller.

The long hair, which he measured daily to keep at maximum length allowed for Eustace High School students, is now just a burr.

The combined birthday/graduation party he had been passing out invitations for, will have to wait.

mod edit: added external quote tags, cut down quote and added source link.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it...

Joseph Goebbels

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Chris Underhill is my nephew. There never was a hit list, && he never wanted to kill anyone. There was never any evidence found against him, yet they are still holding him in jail, EVEN after the last day of school when said 'hit list' was supposed to be used. He didn't even get MENTIONED at graduation, NOR would they let his recruiting officer in the building to mention Chris's award for being in the Texas Army National Guard. It is cruel and unjust what these lying high schoolers have started with a RUMOR, and how they have messed up his life because of it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Rumors are treason punishable by summary exicution, Knowing about a rumor is treason punishable by summary exicution. Please report all rumors immediately thank you

What U KNO

Sounds like BS to me. There would be a no file on this if this "story" actually occurred. No hit list, no crime, and therefore nothing the prosecution can do about it.

Unless of course your nephew actually went around saying he had a hit list and he was going to start whacking people off. Then the charges would stick. Sorry for your nephew but sounds to my by your own account that this boy has made threats against other students and as such he has threatened them indirectly with harm therefore the police are right about arresting him.

In this day and age threats especially in schools are a big issue and must be taken seriously. Otherwise we have another Columbine tragedy on our hands and no one wants that to happen again.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is Chris' mom....

Whatuknow, you state:
Sorry for your nephew but sounds to my by your own account that this boy has made threats against other students and as such he has threatened them indirectly with harm therefore the police are right about arresting him.

Exactly where did Kate say that Chris had threatened anyone?

If you read the articles, you will see that
- Chris has been searched 3 times in 2 years because someone told officials that he had a gun. NONE was found each time.
- It spread that he has a hit list, none was found.
So since neither of those angels worked...
- There are a couple statements from students who have supposedly seen the list as well as statements about some type of threat.

What I see is that one plan of attack (listed above) didn't work, so someone moved to the next level to give it a try. And that is where it stands now.

Now that that couldn't be used against him, the rumor starts about a hit list. That his younger brother (although not done correctly) got tired of the BS and rumors said, sarcastically to another student who asked him if there was a list, "yeah, sure we have a list.... LOOK! We have NO LIST... never have had one. He has no gun, nothing,"

Unfortunately, like I said, the comment, perhaps shouldn't have been made by the brother even though he immediately tried explaining that I do not allow ANY type of gun in the house. He was sarcastically trying to show how outlandish the situation was. Unfortunately a student continued believing there is a list.

The full article can be found here where the newspaper interviewed Chris:
www.cedarcreekpilot.com...

Although Chris adamantly denies that there was never any hit list and that he has never wanted to hurt anyone, he does state that he understands that the police and school officials were only doing their job in trying to find out what was going on.

Thankfully Chris, even as he sits in jail for this BS, is able to state the following:
As for those who’ve signed statements for police that landed him in jail, Underhill says, “God bless their souls. I forgive them. I may not accept them, but I forgive them.

==============
A full list of news articles so far on the situation:

Athens Daily Review 5/23/08
www.athensreview.com...

Tyler News 5/25/08
www.tylerpaper.com...

Cedar Creek Pilot 5/28/08

Monitor Newspaper 5/29/08
www.themonitor.net...

Cedar Creek Pilot (Interview with Chris) 6/4/08