It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I haven't the slightest clue.

How can we find out what these are? It's tearing me up inside to know!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
*page flip*

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The drink in the martini glass on the far right looks like a Sidecar. The one behind it is a Margarita. Both are personal favorites.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I must not be smurfistimicated, cos I don't recognise those drinks and when I see them all I can think of is sickly sweet stuff.

Having said that, I have some Pear Cider in the fridge.

And some normal apple cider.

It's west country night

It really should be scrunpy, but what the hell

AND:

Researchers have discovered that English cider apples have high levels of phenolics – antioxidants linked to protection against stroke, heart disease and cancer – and are working with volunteers to see whether these health benefits could be passed onto cider drinkers.

Over the next 12 weeks, 12 volunteers will each drink a pint of cider, while avoiding all other dietary sources of antioxidants, to give the research team a unique insight into how phenolics are absorbed and metabolised by humans.

Serena Marks, who is leading the study, explained: "Previous research suggests there may be an association between phenolics and protection against some serious diseases, so we are trying to find out how we get phenolics from our diet.

"We know that apples are high in phenolics and our research shows that cider apples have a higher phenolic content than dessert apples."

source

I feel so much les guilty now

[edit on 24/10/2008 by budski]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I must admit, I enjoy a good cold hard cider now and again.

I also use apple cider to make a mean braising sauce for ribs. Yum!

Now I'm hungry.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Now you made me hungry too - and as my GF is over (she's a vegan) I have to forego meat and make a bolognese out of some soya substitute

Still, I'll have a couple of drinks before eating - that should help dull the taste, along with plenty of garlic and some peppers

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Soy substitute?

Is that a personal choice out of respect for you GF, or does she not let you eat meat?

(Not judging by the way, I'm not "allowed" to do a few things since I've been married)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The layered red, white and blue drink is called a 'pousse-cafe'...they are fun drinks to make and are essentially a less dense alcohol or mixer slowly poured (usually dripped over an upside down spoon) on top of the previous liquid.

There are three different types of Martini's, though it is impossible to determine the foundation alcohol (Vodka or Gin) and I see what may be a Tequila Sunrise. A few shot glasses (the tiny guys) that are typically used with fancy liqueurs for toasts at large events and then various other drinks.

I used to bartend...
...though I may be mistaken on the liqueur shots.

I think DATS wouldn't survive a Pub invasion...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Woo hoo! I have posted my closing statement of my very first debate. Granted I was mostly dancing with myself, but never the less I have a sense of accomplishment right now as I was ... I think terrified is the word I'm searching for here ... to enter into this arena at all.

I have no education in the strategy of debate, my analogy is that it is not unlike trying to play chess and only knowing how the pawns move. It would be greatly appreciated when judged, or at any time after the thread is locked, if you folks who actually know what you're doing could point out the basic errors I have made and throw a little 101 wisdom my way.

It is my goal to build a foundation upon which I can then put a ladder and slowly start my climb up to the grown-ups table. Until then...

I'm in search of the low hanging fruit!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You did a great job...

A very impressive showing for a first timer...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Very much a personal choice - I like to eat with her, and to cook for her.

I suppose I could make 2 dishes, but I don't eat that much meat anyway, and eating vegan style is pretty healthy - lots of veg and salads and beans etc as well as plenty of fruit smoothies. I made 1.5 litres of melon, banana and strawberry smoothie today and that should last a couple of days.

For her part, she wouldn't mind if I ate meat every night - as long as I brush my teeth properly afterwards

I actually have considered going veggie or vegan, but in the end I decided against because I like meat once or twice a week, and because my body needs it
and also so I could have egg on toast (with brown sauce, HP ) for breakfast

My drinking trousers are now on

This could be a rowdy evening

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Awww (blushing) thanks for the kind compliments.

BTW, what's DATS? I am partial to, and some would say expert at, both drinking and fighting so count me in!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Having browsed the debate a couple of times, I can empathise with the position you were in regarding "dancing with yourself"

It happened to me once, and IMO it leaves a little bit of a sour taste.

That said, I am not going to say anything else about your debate until the judges have spoken, as per debate etiquette

Suffice to say, I think you have the makings of a great fighter

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
DATS is a BTS thread; Drunks at Above Top Secret.

It's the BTS pub...and they are a feisty bunch, but I think they have nothing on us...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Agreed. Great job TWISI.

Be careful though, debating is extremely addicting.

Like heavy drinking.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
NYK's right. I keep saying I'm going to quit if I lose, and then I just debate again and make my record even worse.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm just happy to be considered worthy of the tag 'Fighter'. Granted, it's not like I have a great record. But the talks are fun, and I'll tell you what Sublime620; you taught me more in that one debate than I can list.

Besides, every time I try to engage in meaningful debate outside this forum, I get sprayed with nasty entries from small-minded ideologues who seem to confuse sound bites for wisdom.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Agreed. Great job TWISI.

Be careful though, debating is extremely addicting.

Like heavy drinking.

Uh-huh... I'm beginning to understand that, as when I put up my first post I thought 'what the hell's wrong with me? why am I voluntairily subjecting myself to this??!'.

And then? As I was putting up my last post? I was already thinking about what topic would be next...

So, I guess it is like heavy drinking in the way that it is self-abuse and self-improvement... all at the same time!

[edit on 24-10-2008 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Besides, every time I try to engage in meaningful debate outside this forum, I get sprayed with nasty entries from small-minded ideologues who seem to confuse sound bites for wisdom.

No, you have to be open minded!!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by Maxmars

No, you have to be open minded!!

That's it, my spirit is broken

Barkeep one more round! Make this one a toxic hazard! Hang on everybody, happy hour has been inaugurated with the wounding of my inner child!

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join