It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 647
<< 644  645  646    648  649  650 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, let's try to look on the bright side. Having the thread open to all of ATS may generate some more interest in the debate forum. Every time there is a 'public' thread for the debate forum, we receive new fighters. And now that the FCP will be 'public,' it could invite more participants as they are able to converse with us on a friendly, personal level first and set up their debates here with us instead of having to go to u2u or wait for the newest BBQ thread.

Before I was a fighter, I tried to post on this thread to inquire about the forum but it wouldn't let me. Not knowing what to really do, I waited until the public thread on it opened up. With this being public, it might prevent that scenario in the future.

Just one way to look at it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
ATTEN. FOLKS

The FCP will be moving to a new location on BTS. If anyone has a problem finding it just tell them to look for it in their subscribed threads in myATS.

I posted this as a response to a question by another member in DATS but I would like to document my thoughts on this development here:

The truth is that maybe 10% of the FCP posts relate to the debates. So in many ways it is similar to DATS and on the surface a move to BTS seems logical.

Having said that, I don't agree with the move. This has nothing to do with ego or even personal preference hence my disagreement is not a personal one, it's just that I can't help but think it will might have a negative impact on member debates.

Except during tournament time debate posts due to their nature are few and far between. The FCP is almost always on the recent posts page and provides excellent exposure for the debate forum. I can't tell you how many times I have been contacted by members who want to join the debate ranks as a result of enjoying our banter on the FCP. It is often said that member debates are some of the most valuable contributions to the ATS community and set the standard for civilized and intelligent debate, the FCP encourages such participation.

It is not a major deal to be honest about it, change is never a smooth process and some degree of resistance is inevitable, still I can't help but feel that the debate forum and future participation in it will suffer as a result of this decision.

These are my thoughts on it, I trust the staff has considered all the pros and cons. I just hope the debate forum itself doesn't suffer negative consequences resulting from this move, that would really be a shame.

[edit on 5 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yes, if the move does happen, i just hope that we do not crash and burn as a debate group. I kind of like this V.I.P access if you know what I mean.,.

But if we do move I just hope that the FCP and debate forum is harmed in anyway, much like what S-Dog said.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
PS. An update for SKy & Skep - judges are almost completely found - just waiting on 2 replies....

- Carrot

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Thanks for the update, Carrot.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I think chissler kindly just re-opened your debate.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So Skep, whats our next debate going to be about?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Newspapers and the internet.

It is back up.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
[edit on 4/5/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

damn, my opening statement is gone...this is not good..lol..I have no clue what I wrote so early this morning. [] sigh [/]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Fresh start.....

And, since yours is gone, the one I have saved is too, because it was in response to yours.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

damn, my opening statement is gone...this is not good..lol..I have no clue what I wrote so early this morning. [] sigh [/]

I'm not sure how that stuff works when they remove a thread.

Maybe you can send a U2U to chissler to see if there is a way for him to retrieve your post or copy/paste it to you via U2U.

I don't know if it's possible but it doesn't hurt to ask.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Skeptic the ball is in your court. Good Luck to ya!

Watches as Skeptic prepares for a slam dunk

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You'll have to wait until tomorrow morning for my opening.

Reality is making it a bit difficult to "think" tonight.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Fine with me, allows me to get some beauty sleep and time to sleep on this subject. Real life gets in the way to often sometimes, to bad it can't be shut down for a couple of minutes or days...

[edit on Apr 5th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Chronic pain and the upcoming car shopping are messing with my head tonight.

I'll be able to focus on newspapers and the internet more clearly in the morning.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

ah, take your time. If you need extra time its no problem, beacuse I know that your busy and at least you keep in touch, unlike others. I do not have a problem with waiting a few days if you need longer, I know how cars and money can be to the mind, especially pain, is there something in partcular that you are having with?
Just let me know before hand, so I can turn off my debate mode..lol..

[edit on Apr 5th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Never fear.....my opening will be up in the morning.

It's easier to concentrate when I am at work, as weird as that sounds.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Noy wierd at all, when the brain is stimulated with another tasks, all other tasks become easier. Its been scientfically proven, a study not to long ago found that doodling while listen or doing other tasks, enhances listening skills and makes the brain into a sponge of sorts to gather more necessary info.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

At work, there are less temptations to lay down and take a nap.

That kind of thing is frowned upon.

new topics

top topics

<< 644  645  646    648  649  650 >>

join