It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late Spring Writing Contest. (LSWC)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
10 DAYS LEFT FOLKS

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Four now.

I'm still waiting for confirmation on whether I've gone too far or not. I've carried on writing it anyway, but it's going to be close -- like... minutes before final deadline close.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
3 days guys

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So is it the story that matters or the english. Cause dang I am really bad at grammer and those semi colon things. If I get graded on grammer I couldn't even possibly have a chance. I mean If its understandable isn't that what matters? Just wondering...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

Submissions are judged on grammar AND the story. If you want to make a submission I recommend using a Word program that has spell check. You're cooking then.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I can't wait to see who wins.

I've been told I wrote a novel and hid it in the short story submissions.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
We've got some holidays and folks taking vacation soon so we will close this contest 11:59PM July 27, 2008.

In what time zone, exactly, will this contest close at 11:59PM, July 27th, 2008, Intrepid?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

That's Eastern time zone. I believe that's GMT + 6 hours.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
NINE HOURS

[edit on 27-7-2008 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Volume.

www.waveevents.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Some really great stories have been posted!

I don't envy you, Intrepid, in having to select between them. But also, I can't wait to see who you picked! By my clock, this contest is now officially over, but I will leave that "official" call to you.

Everyone should feel proud of what they have written. I've been lurking around for a month, reading these stories. They definitely constitute a window into the minds of ATS members, and the view is pretty good. Every single one of these stories has merit!

Great work! And please, don't stop posting your stories, just because this contest is over.

"The marble not yet carved can hold the form of every thought the greatest artist has." (Attributed to Michelangelo)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't get any submissions in this time. I was working on a few different lines, but never got them together to submit in time. Maybe I'll still get them together to post some time in the near future anyway.

Good luck to all those who submitted!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So what happens now? Are there some judges coming in?

(And Intrepid can you please "sticky" my second entry when you're next online so people can see it?)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury
So what happens now? Are there some judges coming in?

(And Intrepid can you please "sticky" my second entry when you're next online so people can see it?)

Off to the judges.

Done.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just checking in, has the drum roll begun yet? Do we have a new winner?

Again congratulations to everyone that entered, what a great contest this has been.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

No, I will probably have the results by the weekend.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Lets see, this is ONLY TUESDAY!

I cant wait...

[edit on 29-7-2008 by antar]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Some belated advice, on behalf of the people who frequently judge the writing contests around here:

1. Please put all your work in one place. Part one and part two should be in the same thread, if not the same post. Saves them the trouble of hunting around for it, and makes the work they have to do look less intimidating.

2. Get someone to proofread your work. You can't see the mistakes, and they do. For instance, I sometimes skip entire sentence ends to get started on the next one.

3. There are a lot of very fine, very free word processors out there that you can use, and that come with spell and grammar checks. It's kinda dumb to lose points on stuff like that. And yes, people have lost points for it.

And now, to taunt everyone just a bit:

Keep it up, folks. I like to see good showings like this contest.

DE

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Submissions are judged on grammar AND the story. If you want to make a submission I recommend using a Word program that has spell check. You're cooking then.

Alas, I am doomed!
I deliberately wrote my story so that it would be grammatically awful; I felt it was necessary to create the tone I wanted the piece to have. Will the judges make allowances, or was it a waste of time to proceed in that fashion?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeusEx

OMgoodness! You are very funny...

Loved the crack up.

Now did I miss the results? What with all the fuss bouts good grammers and writen dibilities, I plum jest dint see it possibly.

Actually good solid advice.

Edit yes, edit.

When's the Wrap Party?

[edit on 31-7-2008 by antar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join