It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why they never make movies on nuclear war?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hollywood make cheap knockoffs but never really either exposed a movie of what could lead up do it.I mean with all todays technology and graphics it would be cool.They did wargames,countdown to the looking glass,the day after,demolition alley etc but these stunk....i wanna see a crisis....showing what could lead to it,,,building troops etc modern warefare before the launch of nukes.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
-The Sum of All Fears

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Vipassana]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
double post sorry

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Vipassana]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yeah i never seen it...wasnt this the movie role of jack ryan? or some name that that harrison ford did the movies..like the patriot act..etc?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yep.

Unfortunately benjamin affleck is playing his role in this movie.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
They don't make them anymore because the '80s are over. No longer will there ever be a movie featuring a protagonist smoking a cigarette, donning aviator sunglasses, a bomber jacket, ripped jeans taking on hordes of mutated fallout species.

Oh, and you have the obligatory raw produced thrash metal soundtrack. No better music to kill radiation infected species to.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
They don't make them anymore because the '80s are over. No longer will there ever be a movie featuring a protagonist smoking a cigarette, donning aviator sunglasses, a bomber jacket, ripped jeans taking on hordes of mutated fallout species.

Oh, and you have the obligatory raw produced thrash metal soundtrack. No better music to kill radiation infected species to.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Weird another double post.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

There was a movie made back in the 80's with video reports of a make believe news network doing live reports. One of the last scenes was off a US aircraft carrier that had an unknown sub in the area. The Navy was dropping depth charges and the carrier went off the air from a nuke torpedo. The carrier was in the Persian Gulf.

At first I thought the name of the show was "Special Bulletin", but that was a different scenario.

It's been too long ago.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hmm. I think there were some very obscure movies about this.

Only real cinema fanatics know about them, cast is full of nobodies. They're even in a series, multiple films following the premise.

I think they're called, Angry Adam---no wait, I think it's "Mad Max". And then ..... the exterminator...., the Terminator, or something like that.

Guess the actors are probably bartenders or gym trainers or stuff like that now.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hmm the ones that I can think of:
(That involve weapons EXCHANGE)

Testament

Fail-Safe

Dr.Strangelove

The Day After

On the Beach

It's such a complicated subject to deal with, because death is always unavoidable.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Was testament that British made movie?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
sorry for the one liner but: "shall we play a game?"

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I remember one that scared me as a kid. "Threads" tbs aired it I think

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Nah, it's US made. Quite a powerful movie. Not so much about the tactical aspects, but more about the emotional/social aspects.

www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Check out "Threads".

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I was going to add , the 2 `best` pre and post nuclear war movies i know are the british move `Threads` which has a family with an expectant daughter as the main focus , with teh escalation (and oh how ironic - its about iran) in the background , and then the US made `The Day After` - agains a build up in the (again - taste the irony) Middle East , which leads to nuclear war - both deal with the aftermarth , food riots , radiation sickness a breakdown in control etc

both good films and both on you tube

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Ever heard of Water World? I'm not sure if it was a nuclear holocaust but it was something like that.

Anyways, I would like to see a next-gen Nuclear movie. That would be rather interesting. Of course, they would just make countless spin-offs and we would quickly get bored with it. (Yay corporate America)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
get THREADS and THE DAY AFTER......
after watching those 2 movies I bet you will not be NEEDING to watch nuclear war films anymore.
Those 2 movies will give you all you can stomach, and then some.
Nobody really needed to make films like that after those 2 movies were made as they were so excellent, they really do cover all the bases as to what 'might/could/would' happen. I think they were so well done that this is WHY you do not see these types of movies made much....
.......as in 'been there done that'...........lets move along.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
canada made one in the 70's i think, but it was banned in the USA

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join